+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello all, i got an update this morning on the approval of the 1st eligibility stage. Wish you all the best and a postive feedback. please, update us here if you also receive a message from IRCC. Cheers
When did you submit your applications, and have you done your biometrics and medicals?

Akuoma2020

Apr 28, 2020
Wow
Hello all, i got an update this morning on the approval of the 1st eligibility stage. Wish you all the best and a postive feedback. please, update us here if you also receive a message from IRCC. Cheers
! This is good news. Congrats! Did you submit your application online? And have you done both your medicals and Biometrics?

Sade Jacobs

Jun 25, 2020
Wow congratulations...we pray we get good news too. Where was ur application processed, Kenya or Ghana? Thank you

Imported

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
congratulations.

can you kindly share the content of the letter??
Was there a heading that says approval? Because i also got a letter today saying my application has advanced to the next stage of processing.

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
congratulations.

can you kindly share the content of the letter??
Was there a heading that says approval? Because i also got a letter today saying my application has advanced to the next stage of processing.
When did you apply and was it paper based or online. Have you also do your biometrics and medicals?

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Applied 18 May
Medicals done but biometrics still pending.
Its an online application
I did mine june 7th, i have not done both medical and biometrics, i was given a letter same day i applied for biometrics ever since then no response

IYKE PETERS

Nov 12, 2016
How can i tackle this statement frm visa offce ...........

"I have reviewed the application. Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense. Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant's Incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their home country. The applicant's plan of studies appears vague and poorly ..please how do i go about it.....

Ok,I'm 31 years of age , i graduated from the university 2015, my course of study Political science and public administration , i applied for study permit to Australia and USA ,also canada but they all refuse me visa .the course and program was Post Graduate Diploma in Administrative business management that was in 2019..i applied again to same school this year with a different course which is Human resource management, and am currently working with a Fedral goverment agency in my home country and my job description is under, Administrative Human resource management in my agency . It was my uncle that sponsored me in my previous application but this time i want to sponsor myself .Hope am in the right course ?

MyHero

May 16, 2020

"I have reviewed the application. Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense. Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant's Incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their home country. The applicant's plan of studies appears vague and poorly ..please how do i go about it.....

Ok,I'm 31 years of age , i graduated from the university 2015, my course of study Political science and public administration , i applied for study permit to Australia and USA ,also canada but they all refuse me visa .the course and program was Post Graduate Diploma in Administrative business management that was in 2019..i applied again to same school this year with a different course which is Human resource management, and am currently working with a Fedral goverment agency in my home country and my job description is under, Administrative Human resource management in my agency . It was my uncle that sponsored me in my previous application but this time i want to sponsor myself .Hope am in the right course ?
Did you already have a complete application before you got this refusal? Or you still don’t have biometrics and medical by then?

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020

Well, in my opinion, I foresee another rejection in the sense that you applied for your first study permit with Administrative Business management course and now again applying with Human resources management. if the VO refers back to the old application and correlate with the new one, may think you're just looking for possible means to come to Canada and not really to study. switching between courses in study permit application sends red flag. That's my opinion though, may be wrong.

Secondly, you already have BSc, why not go for masters if you're actually seeking career or academic progression. if I feel this way, imagine what they VO will feel as well.

At age 31, you need to show strong ties to your home country to make them believe you will come back home at the end of your study.

IYKE PETERS

Nov 12, 2016
Well, in my opinion, I foresee another rejection in the sense that you applied for your first study permit with Administrative Business management course and now again applying with Human resources management. if the VO refers back to the old application and correlate with the new one, may think you're just looking for possible means to come to Canada and not really to study. switching between courses in study permit application sends red flag. That's my opinion though, may be wrong.

Secondly, you already have BSc, why not go for masters if you're actually seeking career or academic progression. if I feel this way, imagine what they VO will feel as well.

At age 31, you need to show strong ties to your home country to make them believe you will come back home at the end of your study.
When i reapply to the school the administrative course was not available and am working under human resource department in my agency that was why i choose the course..my GPA for bsc is low so i cant apply for masters