+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

EbySparkle

Feb 9, 2020
Sask accept nomination application for some one upto 50yrs. In which province did u get admission
Lols. Thank you all for your concerns, guess you didnt read my first post well, its Masters I mentioned not Bachelors, I have my PGD, Just need a course that will enable me manage my school back here in Nigeria.
I will check out the Saskatchewan PR Nominee mention but my admission is in University of New Brunswick, they sent the new admission letter for May 2021 to me yesterday, Any websites to refer to, By God's grace, the money wont be a challenge
Thanks for helping

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
Lols. Thank you all for your concerns, guess you didnt read my first post well, its Masters I mentioned not Bachelors, I have my PGD, Just need a course that will enable me manage my school back here in Nigeria.
I will check out the Saskatchewan PR Nominee mention but my admission is in University of New Brunswick, they sent the new admission letter for May 2021 to me yesterday, Any websites to refer to, By God's grace, the money wont be a challenge
Thanks for helping
Apply for caips notes to know the detailed refusal reasons then you can work on next application with our help. You can leave an email for further communication

Juliusdubem

Feb 7, 2017
Hello all,

Please I have a few questions for my Visa application:

1. I have an active Express Entry profile on CIC website, my point is too low so I have not received any ITA. Should I withdraw this Express Entey application before I start my TRV application? I don't want it to complicate my TRV application and I don't see the Expree Entry draw getting that low ever again.

2. Due to this lockdown, I have some outstanding documents I don't have in hand for my application, like parent's birth certificate and evidence of previous employment, can I start the application without these documents? I'm really worried as time is moving so fast and my enrollment for fall 2020 is in 5 months and I have not applied for TRV yet.

3. I read that Proof of Funds, POF, should be in Current Account and not in Savings Account due to international withdrawal restrictions on Savings Accounts. Please, will my POF in Savings Account affect my TRV aaplication negatively?

Funmeme

Jul 14, 2019
Port Harcourt Nigeria
Category........
Thanks for the good job you are doing here, God bless you.
Please my question is about the new entry for student tag Nigeria Student Entry, I want to know all it entails, the benefits and how to possibly apply.
Hoping to hear from you soon.

Mini me

Apr 20, 2020
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers

Thank you so much for doing this, blessings all the way, I have some problems;

thank you for your suggestion in advance, God bless.
I have been denied visa 3 times (11/2019. 01/2020. and 04/2020)Post graduate certificate of 8 months(1 year) at George brown college.
Reasons for the last VISA denial in April was:
1. Based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
2. Based on your personal assets and financial status

I do not have any FAMILY MEMBER in canada (dead or alive) and i expressed it very clearly, I have family in nigeria (both parents and a brother) and parents provided all assets (several lands, several houses, etc).

The 2nd reason, i put means of financial support (family and myself), this was a mistake, because my father had all the money not me, so i understand the 2nd reason and i can fix it,
I am from NIGERIA, My first and second applications where made from Poland- europe(and i was denied with 4 reasons), this last application i made it from Kenya (which represents Nigeria too) and i was denied with these two reasons,

1. Please what should i do now? university has postponed my studies to september due to covid19 and this will be my 4th application if i decide to submit now, I need your help
2. Should i submit this 4th application from Kenya again since kenya denied with just 2 fixable reasons? or from Nigeria my home country?
3. I do NOT have any family member in canada, HOW do i further explain this to embassy or how do i address this Family ties issue??

Yvette123

Jan 23, 2020
Age has nothing to do

with getting approval or going for bachelor’s degree.
Age is just a number. If your finances are right and you are able to convince the VO you will get your visa. I have seen older people getting approved. So don’t let anyone make you feel that you are too old.
Of course, age has lots to do with getting approval..Po looks discreetly at demographic (age vs level of education). If at 40 your are seeking a PhD admission. that seems logical, but when a 40 years seeks admission in a B.Sc programme , it raises eyebrow. I would recommend you a Masters degree to improve your chance. All the best.

UTHM4N

Jun 8, 2019
please what is the assurance of having a study visa.
my immediate brother studied is Lambton college and its my intention to do the same
i'm 24 years but i have no travel hsitory. i only have family ties

Jan 4, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Hi guys, please can anyone confirm if my sponsor can take a bank loan to provideo the needed funds in cash while still showing proof of income and assests.

Bical

Apr 22, 2020
Hello pls kindly assist on this enquiry, do I have to proof funds for my family that is not traveling on a study Visa with me?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please what is the assurance of having a study visa.
my immediate brother studied is Lambton college and its my intention to do the same
i'm 24 years but i have no travel hsitory. i only have family ties
Hi,

Why not speak with your brother?

All the best

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, please can anyone confirm if my sponsor can take a bank loan to provideo the needed funds in cash while still showing proof of income and assests.
Hi Amarachi.

I hope well.

Your sponsor has to demonstrate personal capacity to fund your studies, if he/she is unable to show their source of income other than the load, then you ae likely not be able to get the visa approved.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: EbySparkle

Ujeinijobog

Mar 20, 2020
Hello Omofar and everyone.

I hope we are staying safe from COVID-19?
I am about to apply for my Visa for my masters degree and I kindly want to make some inquiries.

1. Is it necessary to submit my account statement in addition to my mother's who will be sponsoring my education?
PS: I am an intern and I don't really have sufficient money in my bank account.

2. I will like to know if it's a must for my mother- a businesswoman- to show evidence of tax returns in addition to the documents evidencing the registration of her business.

3. I read some threads saying it's a bit dangerous to use someone who resides in North America as a sponsor cause it may show lack of intention to return to my home country. As such, is it safe to use my sibling (residing in America) as a sponsor?

4. Does my sponsor need to swear an affidavit?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Peter_dre

Apr 15, 2020
Good evening everyone, trust we all are keeping safe. Thanks guys for all of the guidance thus far on this platform.

I am about to apply for a study visa for an Msc program in Novas Scotia. Currently working with the Federal Govt, 35yrs, and married with 2 kids.

Please can I use a sponsor(My brother)?

If yes, can he do the following?

1.Send me the money with a deed of gift.
2.Show his personal account
3.Tender his company's documents.

Though he is employed, but prefer to use his personal account and his company's details.

I will also appreciate it if I can get list of documents to guild me.

Kindly advise. Thanks

Last edited: