+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Evening
Omofar please is there any new update about application submitted before the lock down
Hi Alexander,

I can't be certain. However, I have clients who have received their correspondent letters for over 3 weeks now and are yet to hear any results. Normally, by now, I should have a decision whether their applications were refused or whether they should send in their passports, but none of this is yet to happen.

I think their applications MAY have been approved, but the embassy is holding onto requesting for their passports until the global lock-down is lifted.

I hope this helps.

All the best with yours.

Omofar

EbySparkle

Feb 9, 2020
Hi Amarachi.

I hope well.

Your sponsor has to demonstrate personal capacity to fund your studies, if he/she is unable to show their source of income other than the load, then you ae likely not be able to get the visa approved.

All the best.

Omofar
Hello Omofar, I sent an email to your box since 23th April but not a response yet.
Please check and revert back,
Thanks
EbySparkle

Opsywalex123

May 1, 2020
Hi Alexander,

I can't be certain. However, I have clients who have received their correspondent letters for over 3 weeks now and are yet to hear any results. Normally, by now, I should have a decision whether their applications were refused or whether they should send in their passports, but none of this is yet to happen.

I think their applications MAY have been approved, but the embassy is holding onto requesting for their passports until the global lock-down is lifted.

I hope this helps.

All the best with yours.

Omofar
Hi Alexander,

I hope this helps.

All the best with yours.

Omofar

Please Omofar I need your contact send to my email opsycomshadanmi@gmail.com

Kings3&41

Dec 7, 2019
Good morning everyone how is your day going I am 35years old I have admission with a Canada DLI and I have paid for the first semester..I am sponsoring my self and I have a registered business with all documents intacts and still running up till date I am married and my wife is a health worker and works with government in my home country and she is pregnant.i own nothing less than 3 properties in my Home Countries..I have applied for the study permit before but I was refused base on purpose of visit and family tiles but as of then it was my in-law (my elder sister husband) that was sponsoring me but now I have decide to sponsor my self since I am capable to do that ..i have bsc in agricultural economics and extension but I got admission with supply chain management program I choose that because in my business I need to have experience in how supply chain management works I need the experience to improve my present business I am doing . ..I applied for PGD because that is the only offer I can get with my bachelors degree my grade is second class lower credit..but an agent told me something that almost get me thinking that Canada don’t approve study permit to PGD student except undergraduate or masters please is this true ?

And again please if you have any advice you can give me before putting in for my study permit please do and again in anyway you think you can help also if there is something I can include on my study plan to give me headway in getting my study permit please share with me thanks so much

Efedaize

Jan 11, 2019
Good evening everyone, trust we all are keeping safe. Thanks guys for all of the guidance thus far on this platform.

I am about to apply for a study visa for an Msc program in Novas Scotia. Currently working with the Federal Govt, 35yrs, and married with 2 kids.

Please can I use a sponsor(My brother)?

If yes, can he do the following?

1.Send me the money with a deed of gift.
2.Show his personal account
3.Tender his company's documents.

Though he is employed, but prefer to use his personal account and his company's details.

I will also appreciate it if I can get list of documents to guild me.

Kindly advise. Thanks
Hi, please I'd like to know the status of ur application because I intend to follow the same route, I'm 33yrs married with 2kids, and my dad would be sponsoring my me as well

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hi Alexander,

I hope this helps.

All the best with yours.

Omofar
Until the Immigration Minister gives the go-ahead, they will not release the decisions. They may have been approved. Biometric Confirmation Letter sent since April 15, then on the 16, received a push notification saying because of COVID, you the student cannot conme now. I made enquiries about the unnecessary delay and this is the email I got from them:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Please be advised that we are unable to action your request at this time. Due to the COVID-19 situation, only critical functions are being maintained at this time by IRCC offices. For more information on how COVID-19 is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services, please consult this website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html .

Your message has been noted and forwarded for review at a later date.

Kind regards,

Migration Program | Programme de migration

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC)

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

Telephone | Téléphone: (254.20) 366.3000

Facsimile | Télécopier: (254.20) 366.3914

Limuru Road, P.O. Box 1013 | Rue Limuru, B.P. 1013

00621 - Nairobi, Kenya

Canadian High Commission | Haut Commissariat du Canada

Reactions: Omofar