+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Ptrams

Feb 16, 2020
Hi
I'm currently writing my SOP for my student visa, but I'm confused and I need help.
I graduated from high school 2015 and I have a five year gap year because I couldn't get admission to a university here in Nigeria and I also did computer training in 2016 and I have been working in a cyber cafe before getting an admission in University of Manitoba last year. Please can someone help me.

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Hi
I'm currently writing my SOP for my student visa, but I'm confused and I need help.
I graduated from high school 2015 and I have a five year gap year because I couldn't get admission to a university here in Nigeria and I also did computer training in 2016 and I have been working in a cyber cafe before getting an admission in University of Manitoba last year. Please can someone help me.
That's nice to hear am also going to university of Manitoba fall 2020, and I also have the same cause as you only mine was 3yrs gap....if what you stated here is ideal coming from me I'll say you are good to go and if you are able to convince the vo with a strong application and strong sop the visa is yours...at least you were not idle during those gaps so you can include your activities in the sop with proofs you were busy during those gaps and not idle....

Ptrams

Feb 16, 2020
That's nice to hear am also going to university of Manitoba fall 2020, and I also have the same cause as you only mine was 3yrs gap....if what you stated here is ideal coming from me I'll say you are good to go and if you are able to convince the vo with a strong application and strong sop the visa is yours...at least you were not idle during those gaps so you can include your activities in the sop with proofs you were busy during those gaps and not idle....
Okay thanks you... I do hope to see you there and I'm also for fall 2020. Anymore advise will be nice please on how I can state it in my SOP?

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
Okay thanks you... I do hope to see you there and I'm also for fall 2020.
Okay thanks you... I do hope to see you there and I'm also for fall 2020. Anymore advise will be nice please on how I can state it in my SOP?
After explaining why Canada, why the chosen program, why not your home country, then explain into details what you did in those gap years mostly it must be in line with your reason for choosing Canada . Add a CV if there was a relevant work experience related to chosen program

Benjena

May 28, 2019
If there is time to apply for study permit it should be now if your visa office is still open for biometrics. Reason is that no one have idea when each country will clear their covid cases and to help schools meet up as schools in Canada and Australia depends 80% on international students, immigration will approve alot of permits to encourage and enable the intl students to keep choosing to study in Canada through online pending when they will start allowing the students to travel.

IRCC said for you to start your course online as an international student you have to have your study permit approved and not the student visa but the permit. So expect approval rate to rise.

The good thing is that even if you do it online from your hometown, you will still be eligible for pgwp.

Stay safe

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
If there is time to apply for study permit it should be now if your visa office is still open for biometrics. Reason is that no one have idea when each country will clear their covid cases and to help schools meet up as schools in Canada and Australia depends 80% on international students, immigration will approve alot of permits to encourage and enable the intl students to keep choosing to study in Canada through online pending when they will start allowing the students to travel.

IRCC said for you to start your course online as an international student you have to have your study permit approved and not the student visa but the permit. So expect approval rate to rise.

The good thing is that even if you do it online from your hometown, you will still be eligible for pgwp.

Stay safe
Spot on! Very true and vivid!

Reactions: Benjena

Kinzeerichy

Nov 1, 2019
Greeting All. My tuition is about $10k while living expenses is also $10k. The balance in my Dad’s personal account is like 2m today which is not sufficient for my tuition and living expenses. Please can I use his Fixed Deposit statement of 5m in two banks making 10m in all for proof of funds? together with like 1.5m in my personal account?

EbySparkle

Feb 9, 2020
Dear Omafar good morning. please I need a counsel. I couldn.t finish reapplying for study permit for Master degree program which was meant to begin this May 2020 before the lock down set in, I asked the school to defer and they gave options for May or September 2021, which option should I go for.
Also I want to know other options which will be easier and more straight forward for me and my family of husband and four children to migrate. Is there an option where we can buy a property in one of the provinces in Canada and it hasten our migration?
Please I need your kind advise, I applied twice last year, once for conference before applying for my study visa but was denied both times
Thanks

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
Dear Omafar good morning. please I need a counsel. I couldn.t finish reapplying for study permit for Master degree program which was meant to begin this May 2020 before the lock down set in, I asked the school to defer and they gave options for May or September 2021, which option should I go for.
Also I want to know other options which will be easier and more straight forward for me and my family of husband and four children to migrate. Is there an option where we can buy a property in one of the provinces in Canada and it hasten our migration?
Please I need your kind advise, I applied twice last year, once for conference before applying for my study visa but was denied both times
Thanks
If you have a husband plus 4 kids it’s not advisable to apply with them. You have weaker ties back home. If you can purchase a property then it’s best you try other immigration options as you clearly want to stay in Canada permanently.

Reactions: Benjena

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
Thanks
It’s best you choose May 2021 and share the reasons for refusals here for further details.

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
Please what's the visa approval rates for community colleges in Canada from Nigeria
Very low but it’s about how you put in the work for your application, the documents, study plan and how best you connect the dots as to why a community college.

Benjena

May 28, 2019
I disagree with the last writer. Infact there is nothing like visa approval rate of a sch as long as is designated. Visa approval rate of school is normal Nigeria agents statement. Approval or refusal depends on your documents and nothing else. Pls do not mislead people when ur responding to a post, when u don't no pls is not a scrime to skip.