+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Sylvkay

Apr 1, 2020
My application has been on processing ya background check for over 3 weeks now. Background is to confirm if you’re who u claim to be and if you’re crime free. Why did u apply from and when did u receive the background check update. Your application is via paper based or online?
Hi guys ..what is in there at de Background check normally when how ling does it take
t

Guddah

Apr 13, 2020
i applied on 19feb n got update showin they re processing background check on 20 march. from there no update till now.. from Ghana i applied onlime..wat about you share your timeline

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
I disagree with the last writer. Infact there is nothing like visa approval rate of a sch as long as is designated. Visa approval rate of school is normal Nigeria agents statement. Approval or refusal depends on your documents and nothing else. Pls do not mislead people when ur responding to a post, when u don't no pls is not a scrime to skip.
I was talking about visa approval rate of Nigerians overall. That’s why I further stated some details. Also, most Nigerian rejections I’ve seen was related to the fact that after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree from their home country they try to apply for a visa with a diploma LOA and they don’t critically explain further how it relates with future employment, past experiences, current situations.etc

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
i applied on 19feb n got update showin they re processing background check on 20 march. from there no update till now.. from Ghana i applied onlime..wat about you share your timeline
Expect some delays in processing due to the covid 19 and difficulty in accessing some offices for your background check as most offices are closed due to the lockdown in Ghana and they’re processing those with essential purpose to travel to Canada during this time pandemic. But you’d be updated with your results after the temporary break in processing between 9th -29th August. Also , wait on a Medicals request that improves your chances if you didn’t do an upfront Medical while submitting application

Reactions: Guddah

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
Expect some delays in processing due to the covid 19 and difficulty in accessing some offices for your background check as most offices are closed due to the lockdown in Ghana and they’re processing those with essential purpose to travel to Canada during this time pandemic. But you’d be updated with your results after the temporary break in processing between 9th -29th August. Also , wait on a Medicals request that improves your chances if you didn’t do an upfront Medical while submitting application
9th to 29 th April rather; temporary break in processing applications

EbySparkle

Feb 9, 2020
Thanks. I don't necessarily want to stay permanently there but i want to go with my children since I will stay for sometime then come back, I want to run a school when I get back which is the course I applied for..... Educational Administration and leadership. Here are the reasons they gave for refusal:
“I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.”
What other options can I go for please and how do I go about it?
Thank you all

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
Thanks. I don't necessarily want to stay permanently there but i want to go with my children since I will stay for sometime then come back, I want to run a school when I get back which is the course I applied for..... Educational Administration and leadership. Here are the reasons they gave for refusal:
“I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.”
Thank you all
To be honest, taking your kids isn’t a good idea since that’s the immediate And closest family tie you have in your country of residence so unless you apply alone and later apply for your kids, they’d keep rejecting you based on family ties.
Now when it comes to your personal assets and financial status; you need to show enough money to cover your tuition plus living expenses for one year plus costs for your kids ; costs of your flight, insurance, accommodation, feeding, their school fees amongst others and still have enough money to pay for the rest of the tuition till you graduate and return back to your home country. Hence showing above 70,000 to 100,000 cad will be the appropriate amount to show to convince the VO. Until then good luck in all your endeavors. And let me know if anything

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
You can leave your email for further communication

Wages

Feb 19, 2020

Thank you all
But in my humble opinion; I’d advise seeking other options like the express entry , provincial nomination , etc

EbySparkle

Feb 9, 2020
Thanks, I actually meant to apply for them once I get my own visa hence I didn't apply for them together with mine.
How do I go about the PR or Provincial nominee options? Am above 40 now, will it affect anything? I have written to the school to defer to May2021
Thanks

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
Thanks, I actually meant to apply for them once I get my own visa hence I didn't apply for them together with mine.
How do I go about the PR or Provincial nominee options? Am above 40 now, will it affect anything? I have written to the school to defer to May2021
Thanks
40 and you’re applying for a bachelors? Lol
What’s your highest credential obtained and how many years work experience and in what sector?

Ahamira

Sep 30, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Age has nothing to do
40 and you’re applying for a bachelors? Lol
What’s your highest credential obtained and how many years work experience and in what sector?
with getting approval or going for bachelor’s degree.
Age is just a number. If your finances are right and you are able to convince the VO you will get your visa. I have seen older people getting approved. So don’t let anyone make you feel that you are too old.

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
Age has nothing to do

with getting approval or going for bachelor’s degree.
Age is just a number. If your finances are right and you are able to convince the VO you will get your visa. I have seen older people getting approved. So don’t let anyone make you feel that you are too old.
I’m asking him. If that’s it. Not that he’s too old or whatever.
Don’t drag this the wrong way. If he has say a masters and wants tie pursue a bachelors it can be a problem looking at his age

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Thanks
Sask accept nomination application for some one upto 50yrs. In which province did u get admission

Reactions: Wages and Ahamira