+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you sir.

I have fund but as i stated the house project in my sop as one of my assets should i put it or not necessary
Its not required!

I am not even sure how relevant an uncompleted building project is to your SOP.

All the best.

Omofar

benygod2

Jul 19, 2016
A Canadian lawyer assisting someone who is not resident in Canada with study permit, will the application be processed in Canada or at the embassy where the applicant resides. In this case, if the applicant resides in Nigeria, where will the application be processed in Nairobi?

Emjesse

Jul 26, 2019
I am applying for study permit with my WAEC and i scored poor in English,
And again i can't get my secondary school transcript can i still get study permit?

Thunmishe

Jul 26, 2019
Today at 10:43 AM
I applied for September 2019 Canada intake and I was refused of visa based on the following:
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
2. Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
3. Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
4. Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications can be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Please can someone help on this?
Thanks.

BHA@1234

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
Today at 10:43 AM
I applied for September 2019 Canada intake and I was refused of visa based on the following:
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
2. Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
3. Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
4. Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications can be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Please can someone help on this?
Thanks.
When did you apply?

BHA@1234

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
If you haven't requested yet, try requwating, it would help you understand why the VO refused you Visa
I'm not really sure about it,
But I think there's a CAIPS application form you'd have to fill and submit (with some othe documents I think) to IRCC, and the process takes about a month

Reactions: Thunmishe

Thunmishe

Jul 26, 2019
Alright, pls advise. I was thinking of reapplying immediately because the resumption date is september 1st and which have been brainstorming on how to improve on my

BHA@1234

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
Alright, pls advise. I was thinking of reapplying immediately because the resumption date is september 1st and which have been brainstorming on how to improve on my
Bro I wouldn't advise you to reapply immediately without requesting for CAIPS; CAIPS will make you understand why you were refused Visa, you can only solve a problem when you know what the problem is.

Reactions: Thunmishe

Thunmishe

Jul 26, 2019
OK, thanks. But if I may ask again, what about the documents I used in processing the visa, will it still be valid for January intake? Documents like police report, medical report, the biometrics that have done,e.t.c

BHA@1234

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
It sucks that you have a little time (or no time) before resumption, but getting your CAIPS before reapplying is my best advice right now, and try to defer your admission to Winter 2020, then correct the problems stated in the CAIPS note, write a strong SOP, pray and then reapply.

BHA@1234

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
OK, thanks. But if I may ask again, what about the documents I used in processing the visa, will it still be valid for January intake? Documents like police report, medical report, the biometrics that have done,e.t.c
Police report has a 3 months expiry date, so most likely you'd have to do it again, but as for medicals I heard it expires after a year (so I think you won't have to take the medicals again), lastly, biometrics is valid for 10 years (so you're not doing biometrics again).

So basically just police report and probably new (updated) financial documents

Reactions: Omofar