+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

pat331

Jul 24, 2019
Hi,
I have some questions, I am 35 and finished my postgraduate degree 2017. Also in the express entry pool. Can I also apply for a study permit for masters? I am married.what are your take with the study permit.

Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers

Bricekemayou

May 8, 2019
Hi all.
Am really stressed up.
Applied for my study permit since April 1st. Haven’t got a repply till now. I wrote to the embassy in Dakar and they say they are doing health security and crimality check. That was like in May. Since then haven’t heard anything from them.
Its amost 4 months now.

lodicaleb

Nov 6, 2018
Hi all,

I applied for study Permit from congo Kinshasa on 19/05/2019 and my application is being processed in Senegal, Dakar. I submitted an upfront medical and it was updated as passed on 24/05/2019. After that I have received no email from them, I only saw 3 ghost updates on my portal stating (profile/updated), but when I checked there was no updates and when I tried to login again it was showing (submitted). Can someone please tell me the meaning of those ghost updates??

lodicaleb

Nov 6, 2018
Hi all.
Am really stressed up.
Applied for my study permit since April 1st. Haven’t got a repply till now. I wrote to the embassy in Dakar and they say they are doing health security and crimality check. That was like in May. Since then haven’t heard anything from them.
Its amost 4 months now.
Hi bro, I hope your visa will be approved very soon! What is the processing time in your country ??

BHA@1234

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
Hi all.
Am really stressed up.
Its amost 4 months now.
I applied 29th of April, with no medicals upfront, I haven't gotten any response from them since my application was acknowledged

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omofar pls is it advisable to add the picture of my on going familybuilding project in my application as i stated it on the sop and submited the land document.
Hello Benjena,

Thanks for reaching out.

CASH IS KING.....

Personal real estate is not really useful when it comes to applying for a study permit. what the VO wants to see is liquid cash. How easy in today's Nigerian economy is it to dispose of a landed property. In most study permit applications I get involved in I usually to to request for landed properties, and all of them have got their permits. The VO is not expecting the student to own such assets, but is expecting that the student or his/her parents would have funds readily available in bank balances, time deposits, treasury bills etc basically money market instruments.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have some questions, I am 35 and finished my postgraduate degree 2017. Also in the express entry pool. Can I also apply for a study permit for masters? I am married.what are your take with the study permit.
Hello pat331,

Thank you for visiting this thread. Yes you can apply for a study permit despite being in the express entry pool. However, applying for a study permit and getting it approved are two different matters. Kindly refer to the self assessment guidelines I post on this thread, I think it might be on page 39 or so. Critically assess your situation to see if you have enough compelling reasons to convince the VO that he should approve of your study permit application.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all.
Am really stressed up.
Its amost 4 months now.
Hello Bricekmayou,

I totally feel your pain, and I am sorry about this. All I can say is that the Canadian embassy can be really unpredictable with their timelines. I will suggest you keep hope alive, put your mind on other matters such as considering alternatives such as the US, if you are working, continue to work harder and maybe look into better opportunities. Basically continue to live your life until you hear from them.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar

Reactions: BHA@1234

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Hello Benjena,

Thanks for reaching out.

CASH IS KING.....

Personal real estate is not really useful when it comes to applying for a study permit. what the VO wants to see is liquid cash. How easy in today's Nigerian economy is it to dispose of a landed property. In most study permit applications I get involved in I usually to to request for landed properties, and all of them have got their permits. The VO is not expecting the student to own such assets, but is expecting that the student or his/her parents would have funds readily available in bank balances, time deposits, treasury bills etc basically money market instruments.

All the best.

Omofar
Thank you sir.

I have fund but as i stated the house project in my sop as one of my assets should i put it or not necessary