+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
yeah, thats what i plan to do, get a stronger sponsor, but should i pay maybe like part of my tuition fees, though im not told to on my acceptance letter.
and please what are the required docs from your sponsor

No need and its not compulsory for Nigeria . Few that paid but still get refuse if your sponsore is not fianacialy strong. Many approval here in Africa only show there tuition fee and living expenses in there account..

Take your time and work on your sponsorship and re-edit your sop since you are have more than one sponsore at least conivce the vo how they relate to you and able to sponsore you through out your education.

no.cap.alex

Apr 10, 2019
okay, thanks a lot
No need and its not compulsory for Nigeria . Few that paid but still get refuse if your sponsore is not fianacialy strong. Many approval here in Africa only show there tuition fee and living expenses in there account..

Take your time and work on your sponsorship and re-edit your sop since you are have more than one sponsore at least conivce the vo how they relate to you and able to sponsore you through out your education.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Omafar
A friend of mine applied the day after me but has already gotten his response last week!
Mine isn’t still out ( I applied April 1st )
So am worried about mine . We both are going to the same school!
Hello, I have said that there are many variables. Your applications may be treated at totally different locations Kenya or London.. London is very Brutal and slow.... Furthermore, it might have been easier to verify your friends documentation than it is to verify yours, so keep hope alive and lets see what happens.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wrote to the embassy and received this !!

We confirm that your file has been received at our office in Dakar. Your file is pending revision by an immigration officer.

Once a file is received at our office, it is processed chronologically based on the original reception date.

We will communicate with you by email when we will review your file in order to request additional information.

What the meaning pls!
Is there a diff between application in process and application pending revision!?
It means they are still reviewing your application and are yet to make a decision. Once they do, they will get back in touch with you.

Let's know how it goes.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: FNO

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Greetings!

In my experience, just sowing financial proof in your account has become redundant. The embassy is more than aware that you may not have access to the funds after they have issued you the study permit. Unless, the sponsor is your parent and has a very solid account and shows proof of source of income, the applicant is unlikely to get a study permit approval. The candidate has better chance of getting their approval after paying for their tuition.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: MrOhizzy

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Greetings!

In my experience, just sowing financial proof in your account has become redundant. The embassy is more than aware that you may not have access to the funds after they have issued you the study permit. Unless, the sponsor is your parent and has a very solid account and shows proof of source of income, the applicant is unlikely to get a study permit approval. The candidate has better chance of getting their approval after paying for their tuition.

All the best.

Omofar

Your ideal is not too bad at least that show more commitment and proof . It's ok

Reactions: Omofar

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
yeah, thats what i plan to do, get a stronger sponsor, but should i pay maybe like part of my tuition fees, though im not told to on my acceptance letter.
and please what are the required docs from your sponsor

Greetings!

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: Omofar

Phemmyeba

May 16, 2019
Hi Omofar

God bless you for what you are doing, I applied for visa for Sep 2019 intake on the 15th of April, my question is, Does it really matter if my sponsor which happens to be my elder brother doesn’t provide evidence of business transaction for the funds in the statement of account I provided, Can this affect in anyway?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pray harder when you wabt to reapply again. God is in Control.
Prayer is good. However prayer without proper preparation is Useless..If prayer without preparation was useful, we will not all be here trying to go to another man's country, prayer would have solved all our problems, but God will not do what we are supposed to do for ourselves for us. So here are my suggestions in addition to prayers

1. Read and understand the reason for the refusal of your application.

2. Appropriately address the issues raised, if you can't do this by yourself get in touch with a proper agent who knows what they are doing.

3. Prepare you documentation properly and submit.

4. Then you can start praying for favour.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: MrOhizzy and Evankc

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Omofar

God bless you for what you are doing, I applied for visa for Sep 2019 intake on the 15th of April, my question is, Does it really matter if my sponsor which happens to be my elder brother doesn’t provide evidence of business transaction for the funds in the statement of account I provided, Can this affect in anyway?
Hello Phemmyeba,

Thanks for visiting this thread.

Yes it matters. Due to international laws on money laundering, any sponsor is required to demonstrate in a compelling manner the source of their income. So there are people here who their sponsors had millions in their accounts and their applications got rejected anyways. In addition to providing bank statement, the sponsor must show that he/she has a legitimate source of income, he.she must also justify why they are interested in sponsoring you, why they want to spend so much money on your education, especially if they are not your biological parents. They must be willing to show employment letters, or business registration documents, tax clearance certificates, proper letter of sponsorship, must have paid at least a session of your tuition..etc or else just giving you bank statement with N50mm with no context will not convince the VO.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: MrOhizzy

no.cap.alex

Apr 10, 2019
Hey,

When writing SOP after a refusal, do I start writing why I chose Canada, the school and the course..... or just explain only the points from the refusal reasons