+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
A female friend of mine boyfriend just relocated to Canada via the student visa route.

During his process of application, he applied as been a single applicant(I.e not married or engaged). When granted the visa, him and his girlfriend(my female friend) decided to have a registry marriage certificate with pictures and introduction.

Can the boyfriend invite or bring in his girlfriend over?
N.B: Registry and introduction was done few days after the boyfriend was given the student visa knowing fully he applied as been single.
Should the girlfriend go about changing of surname to the boyfriend as another marriage proof??

Mods in the house please..
Your friend can but she is subjected to the same guidelines as this is not spousal sponsorship....proof of relationship is one aspect, there are others for trp

Demi8@

Jun 4, 2022
Hello, I am 17 years old, I got admission into a university in canada and have gotten my LOE.
Although my sponsor is not related to me.
Based on the fact that I'm a minor, am I still meant to have money in my personal account?
My parents also have landed properties to back up the sponsorship
I'm yet to apply for my visa and I need advise please

Demi8@

Jun 4, 2022
Hello, I am 17 years old, I got admission into a university in canada and have gotten my LOE.
Although my sponsor is not related to me.
Based on the fact that I'm a minor, am I still meant to have money in my personal account?
My parents also have landed properties to back up the sponsorship
I'm yet to apply for my visa and I need advise please
Letter of acceptance ***

peanut08

Dec 9, 2020
Good day everyone,

I submitted my application on June 9th, without doing upfront medicals. By September I had not received a medical request letter and since medical slots were filling up very fast I booked an appointment and did my medicals on September 13th and uploaded it via webform. A few days later after I did the medical exam, I received the medical request letter. I uploaded the medical results again via webform after confirming from IOM that they have sent my results. My status never changed from 'your action is required' and now after a month since they sent me the meidcal request, and I uploaded it on webform multiple times, my account is saying that they did not receive the results of my medicals. My status has changed to 'submitted'.

What should I do now?

I appreciate any advice and help. Thank you.
Can you tell me what happened to your application? I am having the same issue right now :(

919___444

Jun 9, 2022
Hello @Simba112,

I think you made an presumption that @anitapatrickk, ''listened to other people''. The NSE route is optional, and she made a judgement call not to follow the route, there could be other variables we cannot see that could have made them refuse her application. One of my clients who just got her passport did not follow the NSE route. Even after I beckoned on her father to do so, he blatantly refused, so I submitted the application like that, eventually she got medical request, passed and now has her passport. he major problem is that IRCC keep shifting the goal post and trying to regulate the number of students coming into the country. I am currently dealing with two refusals now, they are excellent candidates, all submitted the requirements for NSE and were still refused. So following the NSE route means nothing.

Cheers

Omofar
hi, pls why were the two refused?

Prime George

Jun 11, 2022
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
Thank you Omofar

Ralph_T

Jun 11, 2022
Hi greetings

My name is raphael omon and I’m currently in the Uk I came during the lockdown in 2021 January and I couldn’t attend classes because all the classes then was online and now My university withdrew their sponsorship and my visa was reduced without my knowledge to 2022 from 2024 which was the initial date I have overstayed my visa for seven months and I’m back in Nigeria I want to apply for a Canada study permit please will it be granted I need advise on this
Thanks

stanoyiga

Jul 11, 2020
Lagos
Category........
STUDY
Hello everyone! I have been accepted into a fall program this year but I am yet to apply for the study permit due to some issues. I finally sorted them and resumed my plans. however, I just checked now and found there are no available dates for medical exams in Qlife clinic this month. what can I do? is there the option to submit the medical exam results after aapplying?

Davidaustin123

Jul 19, 2021
Thank you, but why does it take longer than a study permit visa, because most study permit i have seen from Nigeria get approved in 4 months or less. I thought the study permit is meant to take longer time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you, but why does it take longer than a study permit visa, because most study permit i have seen from Nigeria get approved in 4 months or less. I thought the study permit is meant to take longer time.
Different programs, requirements, & staff. Probably more TRV applications to review then study permits too.

marybabs

Jun 22, 2022
Good-morning house. Please I need an advise and assistance on how to tackle my student visa refusal based on the following reasons listed below.

1. I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on purpose of your visit. (Kindly note that I intended studying post-degree diploma in sustainable business practices program at the college of Rockies. Though I have a BSc in Biochemistry but changed carrier and currently have a transit business which I am running and the more reason i opted for the program so as to acquire knowledge on how to run a business and sustain it).
2. Taking the applicant's current employment situation into consideration, the employment does not demonstrate that the applicant is sufficiently well established, that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of a period of authorized stay.
3. The applicant has not provided how her current business will be attended to. I am not satisfied the applicant will leave Canada at the end of the authorized period.
4. I also note that the applicant has a strong family ties in Canada.
Thank you.