+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Cicero

May 10, 2019
The Canadian High Commission,
Visa Section,
Nairobi,
Kenya.

But realistically, it does not matter where you address it, they will still attend to your application. For all we know, if Kenya office is very busy, your application can be sent elsewhere like London, or China. So it really does not matter where you address it to.

Cheers.

Omofar
Thanks Boss

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Good day, All. Stumbled on this forum while trying to get information on applying for my study permit. I need advice. I got admission for a 1-year postgraduate course. If I pay for full tuition and also provide a Guaranteed Investment Certificate of C$10,000, do I still need to provide a bank statement or will this be enough for proof of funds? If I am to provide a bank statement, do I still need a lot of money in it?
Also, has anyone tried this Guaranteed Investment Certificate route? I just learned it's a very sure way of proving you have money for living expenses. Thanks.

Goodnews1234

Mar 29, 2021
The Canadian High Commission,
Visa Section,
Nairobi,
Kenya.

But realistically, it does not matter where you address it, they will still attend to your application. For all we know, if Kenya office is very busy, your application can be sent elsewhere like London, or China. So it really does not matter where you address it to.

Cheers.

Omofar
Good day..
Please I'm an orphan 18years of age and my sponsor is a non-relative but he's been really supportive in the aspect of finances. I've been admitted into the UofR paid my $500 tuition deposit. I wish to apply for study permit but confused on how to proof my relationship with him.
Will I have to attach photos with him and receipts of the money he's been sending me to my LOE?

Maxybaba

Mar 20, 2019
Please mates, what should I do after PPR?

Do I need to wait for a mail from VFS or I should just go ahead and send my passport to them by courier?

I will be glad to get quick advice

chefe

Jul 17, 2020
Hi everyone, thank you for all u do here.
I submitted my SP application since the 29th of Dec, 2020 but the only update I ever got was for upfront medical test to passed on December 31st and submission confirmation on February 4th. Nothing else not even NSE request (even though I chose normal route). I have been sending webforms and email since March but all I get is the generic reply, should I be worried?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please I need quick reply, is police report required for study visa
I would recommend you include it if you are over 18 years old.

All the best with your application.

Cheers

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, thank you for all u do here.
I submitted my SP application since the 29th of Dec, 2020 but the only update I ever got was for upfront medical test to passed on December 31st and submission confirmation on February 4th. Nothing else not even NSE request (even though I chose normal route). I have been sending webforms and email since March but all I get is the generic reply, should I be worried?
Hi,

Nobody can say. I would recommend you just be patient and wait for the outcome. Timelines are not consistent from application-to-application. On the other hand, find something tangible to do during the wait period if your not working, start an I.T program, or learn some skill or trade. You can also be looking at applying to other countries in Europe as well. Its best to always have a back-up plan just in case.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please mates, what should I do after PPR?

Do I need to wait for a mail from VFS or I should just go ahead and send my passport to them by courier?

I will be glad to get quick advice
You have to send your passport to them visa courier. However, I would suggest you visit VFS office to get the appropriate address to send the passport to.

All the best.

Omofar.

Demos

Mar 9, 2021
Thanks Omofar
I'm a HND graduate and going for bsc for the same course. I'm starting from first year. In my SOP, do I need to include that I have ND and HND and I work?
Please what do you think about this?
I would recommend you include it if you are over 18 years old.

All the best with your application.

Cheers

Omofar

Last edited:

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Omofar
I'm a HND graduate and going for bsc for the same course. I'm starting from first year. In my SOP, do I need to include that I have ND and HND and I work?
Please what do you think about this?
Hi,

I would not recommend doing this. The VO will question your "academic progression". You should reconsider applying for a post-graduate diploma.

All the best.

Omofar

Afrank

Mar 25, 2021
Gooday@Omofar.
Please I need your assistance on my refusal letter. My application was refused early this year for a Canadian study permit in the basis if this 4 reasons:
- I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all the questions asked of you
- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay Based on the purpose of visit.
-I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on your personal assets and financial status
- Your proposed study is not reasonable In light of one or more: your qualifications, previous studies, level of establishment, language ability and or your future prospects and plans.
Please I need help to know how I can respond to each of their concerns. Also I gained admission to Memorial University in Newfoundland to study Computer science. I was denied for the winter semester but I plan to reapply before the start of next month so that I can meet up with the spring semester which begins early May.

Afrank

Mar 25, 2021
Hi,

I would not recommend doing this. The VO will question your "academic progression". You should reconsider applying for a post-graduate diploma.

All the best.

Omofar
Gooday@Omofar.
Please I need your assistance on my refusal letter. My application was refused early this year for a Canadian study permit in the basis if this 4 reasons:
- I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all the questions asked of you
- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay Based on the purpose of visit.
-I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on your personal assets and financial status
- Your proposed study is not reasonable In light of one or more: your qualifications, previous studies, level of establishment, language ability and or your future prospects and plans.
Please I need help to know how I can respond to each of their concerns. Also I gained admission to Memorial University in Newfoundland to study Computer science. I was denied for the winter semester but I plan to reapply before the start of next month so that I can meet up with the spring semester which begins early . I need your assistance urgently as this month is al going by fast. Thank you.

chefe

Jul 17, 2020
Hi,

Nobody can say. I would recommend you just be patient and wait for the outcome. Timelines are not consistent from application-to-application. On the other hand, find something tangible to do during the wait period if your not working, start an I.T program, or learn some skill or trade. You can also be looking at applying to other countries in Europe as well. Its best to always have a back-up plan just in case.

All the best.

Omofar
Thank for your response. More wisdom