+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT - APPLIED ON OCTOBER 2020

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Sharing my updated timeline:

October 7 - Online Non-SDS application (upfront medicals).
December 3rd - Biometrics enrollment and it got updated on the same day on GCKey.
December 7th - Medicals got updated on GCKey.
December 10 - Request letter for IELTS TRF
January 7th - Uploaded IELTS TRF

No updates since then and now waiting for final decision. Please share your time line too.

Reactions: joshwillard

1baba1

Jan 6, 2021
Need help!!
I got AIP on 28 SEP 2020. But i was not studying online from September 2020 until now, will it affect my application because of not studying online after AIP.?

**I didn't differ the intake.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Need help!!
I got AIP on 28 SEP 2020. But i was not studying online from September 2020 until now, will it affect my application because of not studying online after AIP.?

**I didn't differ the intake.
I think any DLI would normally contact you in case you haven't intimated them about your decision to either start the program or ask you for a deferral. In case you haven't deferred, there are also DLIs who automatically defer the student to next possible intake if they don't register for courses. Since you haven't studied, you might wanna contact your DLI asking for a possibility of deferral and once you have the deferral letter, you can intimate IRCC about your decision to defer and explain why did you defer.

Vishnulives

Jan 12, 2021
Hi guys! Created this thread for study permits applied in October 2020 for us to share our timelines and experiences. Good luck to us all!!! :) :) :)
Please post your details as per below.

Application submitted:
SDS or Regular:
Review of eligibility:
Review of medical:
Additional documents required:
Biometrics:
Background check:
Final decision:
Applied on - OCT 30th 2020
SDS category
Medical -OCT 12th, but not updated till now
BIOMETRICS- Dec 8th 2020
No updates till now

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Everything seems to be going at a tortoise speed from one week. Is it me who is feeling this or its actually true...
Yes, a sudden slow down in visa processing is being felt by others including me. On the other I have seeing few approvals for those who applied before October 2020. I feel like IRCC is trying to process the past pending files of last year. However, still not sure if this was case now.

1baba1

Jan 6, 2021
I think any DLI would normally contact you in case you haven't intimated them about your decision to either start the program or ask you for a deferral. In case you haven't deferred, there are also DLIs who automatically defer the student to next possible intake if they don't register for courses. Since you haven't studied, you might wanna contact your DLI asking for a possibility of deferral and once you have the deferral letter, you can intimate IRCC about your decision to defer and explain why did you defer.
Thank you so much for the information.
But will IRCC know that I was not studying online since September,2020?? Or do IRCC contact the DLI to know whether I was studying online or not??
And will IRCC reject my application because of not studying???
Thanks.

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Here's my timeline:
Applied on 29th September 2020 (SDS)
Upfront medical done on 7th September 2020 submitted with the application
Biometrics on 27th November 2020 updated the same day on GCkey
Medical passed/updated on GCkey on 29th December
Eligibility review hasn't started yet.
My classes have started, I've raised three webforms till now. Anything else I should do?

yenice

Sep 14, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-10-2022
Nomination.....
17-10-2022
AOR Received.
30-10-2022
Just an update guys. I got my passport back on 12th January with the Visa stamped. Good luck to everyone!
Hi! May I know what is the correspondence letter you received on Jan 9?