+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit applications from Jamaica

SamGT

Jul 30, 2019
May 29th??what....
Yup my thoughts exactly the process has been quite slow for me.. based on what am reading most persons got theirs within 3-4 weeks.. To be fair I had no idea I would need to do a medical, so by the 6th week they emailed me saying I would need to the medical I did the medical and here I am still waiting..

jollyboo81

Jul 11, 2019
Yup my thoughts exactly the process has been quite slow for me.. based on what am reading most persons got theirs within 3-4 weeks.. To be fair I had no idea I would need to do a medical, so by the 6th week they emailed me saying I would need to the medical I did the medical and here I am still waiting..
Wow why did you need a medical?

SamGT

Jul 30, 2019
Wow why did you need a medical?
Based on what I understand it is because of the course that I will be doing. I am doing a health science program and during that course I will need to work as part of the course requirement and once you are going to be working in any job that requires you to be in close contact with people you will need to do a medical.

jollyboo81

Jul 11, 2019
Based on what I understand it is because of the course that I will be doing. I am doing a health science program and during that course I will need to work as part of the course requirement and once you are going to be working in any job that requires you to be in close contact with people you will need to do a medical.
Oh yes that's true

Dreamcamethru

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Well since you have been waiting way over the processing time, I would suggest you contacting whether via phone or going to the office...

CindyRen

Jul 21, 2019
Guys let's do this again... anyone from Jamaica who applied in July for September in take?
I submitted my documents on July 30th, did biometrics the same day at the Montego VAC. Person who did the biometrics, told me study permit takes 4 weeks. Now I am anxiously waiting, already paid for first semester and classes starts September 4th for me. I have heard some persons get their SP in 2 or 3 weeks.

Dreamcamethru

Star Member
May 6, 2019
I submitted my documents on July 30th, did biometrics the same day at the Montego VAC. Person who did the biometrics, told me study permit takes 4 weeks. Now I am anxiously waiting, already paid for first semester and classes starts September 4th for me. I have heard some persons get their SP in 2 or 3 weeks.
Hi, wow this is news to me. I don't want to scare u or anything but the cic website says that the processing time is actually 6 weeks and at present some people are waiting for more than 8 weeks... But we can only hope and pray that God will see us through in this process and allow us to get the visa in time. I applied on July 4th and did my biometrics the 11th of July so I'm hoping that they do get to give me my approval anytime before the sixth week. Girl/boy, start praying cz time is against us