+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit application from Singapore/Malaysia

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Oh ok, I'm just worried as Arkar from this group has applied in Jan and he still has not received any updates
I see, may be should try submitting webform.
Because based on other threads or experience from other applicants..
sometime IRCC will say that they have already sent an update or PPR request but for some reason candidate would have not received.
Other reason is when is your intake .. sometime they will hold till end july.
All we can do is to wait till processing time hits then start submitting webform once or twice a month.

sjr9386

May 16, 2022
I took upfront Singapore Police CoC and used LoA letter for the Overseas Authority letter.
Okok.. noted thanks.

Hi JRS9,
No need to take police certificate while submitting the application.
We will have to just wait and only if they request for a police certificate then we need to send an appeal to Singapore police using this link for non-citizens. Certificate of Clearance (police.gov.sg)
Please note that We cannot get Police certificate from singapore police without any proof of request from IRCC.
Again police certificate in Singapore is a completely one whole process. so better dont worry or get confused about that for now.
Okok.. noted thanks.

By the way can you both help to clarify on 1 more query. There is a section for National Identity document. I am a Indian citizen residing and holding EP in Singapore. Am not sure what is this 'National Identity document' to be filled? Is it the Singapore FIN details or any other document number related to India? Or I need to select 'No' for 'Do you have a national identity document''? Help to advice.

Thanks.

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Okok.. noted thanks.

Okok.. noted thanks.

By the way can you both help to clarify on 1 more query. There is a section for National Identity document. I am a Indian citizen residing and holding EP in Singapore. Am not sure what is this 'National Identity document' to be filled? Is it the Singapore FIN details or any other document number related to India? Or I need to select 'No' for 'Do you have a national identity document''? Help to advice.

Thanks.
Hi, pls do not indicate aadhar or any other details. just indicate your passport number and details again in this column as well. You may want to refer "Canada Tuber" youtube channel for more clarity on how to fill IMM forms, prepare SOP, documents, etc.

Siddt

May 25, 2022
GUYS IS THIS REAL ??!??!??

Processing Timeline Update (Study Permits)

*These are the approximate timelines as they exist right now, though we can expect these to get better by July as IRCC is dedicated to devoting extra resources in order to bring order to these timelines (at least on paper). Since this group has members from all over the world especially from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E and several African countries, I have tried to include timelines for all these. If you do not see your country listed below, please drop a comment and ask.

Indian (SDS) - 75-90 days
India (non SDS) - 20-40 days

Pakistan (SDS) - 6-14 days (though there are abnormalities here and there and some students have reported a waiting time that has stretched into months now)
Pakistan (non SDS) - Approximately 40 days (for family cases, non SDS applications can take up to 2-2.5 months)

UAE/Saudi Arabia -
UAE - 45-60 days
Saudi Arabia - 30-40 days

Bangladesh/Singapore/Malaysia - God be your friend because the timelines are extremely disappointing. For those stuck with Singapore V.O (which I now personally refer as 'PTH - PROCESSING TIMELINE HELL'), it can take up to 6-10 months. (Basically a test of your 'luck' and patience)

African Countries - 40-60 days

Scream5129

Jun 22, 2022
GUYS IS THIS REAL ??!??!??

Processing Timeline Update (Study Permits)

*These are the approximate timelines as they exist right now, though we can expect these to get better by July as IRCC is dedicated to devoting extra resources in order to bring order to these timelines (at least on paper). Since this group has members from all over the world especially from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E and several African countries, I have tried to include timelines for all these. If you do not see your country listed below, please drop a comment and ask.

Indian (SDS) - 75-90 days
India (non SDS) - 20-40 days

Pakistan (SDS) - 6-14 days (though there are abnormalities here and there and some students have reported a waiting time that has stretched into months now)
Pakistan (non SDS) - Approximately 40 days (for family cases, non SDS applications can take up to 2-2.5 months)

UAE/Saudi Arabia -
UAE - 45-60 days
Saudi Arabia - 30-40 days

Bangladesh/Singapore/Malaysia - God be your friend because the timelines are extremely disappointing. For those stuck with Singapore V.O (which I now personally refer as 'PTH - PROCESSING TIMELINE HELL'), it can take up to 6-10 months. (Basically a test of your 'luck' and patience)

African Countries - 40-60 days
That's quite disappointing to hear. It's been almost a month, have you heard back from them yet? Also, is there any way I could speed up the process to end by mid-august? My classes start in September and I completed my biometrics in May 20th. A little nervous about the time here.

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022
That's quite disappointing to hear. It's been almost a month, have you heard back from them yet? Also, is there any way I could speed up the process to end by mid-august? My classes start in September and I completed my biometrics in May 20th. A little nervous about the time here.
Hi Scream5129, those applied in April are being processed now and getting their result right now. So, if you have done your Biometric and Upfront medical then you should be expecting result by early or mid July 2022. Btw, Siddt has received PPR on 15th June 2022 and application was submitted on 10th March 2022. So, when did you apply/timeline and was it from Singapore VO?

Scream5129

Jun 22, 2022
Hi Scream5129, those applied in April are being processed now and getting their result right now. So, if you have done your Biometric and Upfront medical then you should be expecting result by early or mid July 2022. Btw, Siddt has received PPR on 15th June 2022 and application was submitted on 10th March 2022. So, when did you apply/timeline and was it from Singapore VO?
Hi CJ27. I don't mean to sound so sentimental, but I've been having horrible days recently and your tone of voice made me feel better. I really appreciate it.

Date submitted: May 17th
Medical test passed: May 17th
Biometrics completed: May 20th

I'm applying from Malaysia, so I believe my VISA is being processed at the SingaporeVO.
My classes are starting Sept 8th but I need to be there by August 25th for moving in etc. Do you think I'll be able to make it in time? Because I checked the processing time here, and it said that it could take up to 25 weeks, so I am a little worried. Do you think there's any way I could ask them to kindly speed up the process so that I can obtain my study permit in time? Also, after PPR, approximately how long does it take to receive my passport back? Thank you for your time CJ27.

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Hi CJ27. I don't mean to sound so sentimental, but I've been having horrible days recently and your tone of voice made me feel better. I really appreciate it.

Date submitted: May 17th
Medical test passed: May 17th
Biometrics completed: May 20th

I'm applying from Malaysia, so I believe my VISA is being processed at the SingaporeVO.
My classes are starting Sept 8th but I need to be there by August 25th for moving in etc. Do you think I'll be able to make it in time? Because I checked the processing time here, and it said that it could take up to 25 weeks, so I am a little worried. Do you think there's any way I could ask them to kindly speed up the process so that I can obtain my study permit in time? Also, after PPR, approximately how long does it take to receive my passport back? Thank you for your time CJ27.
Hi Scream5129,
I can totally understand your anxiety and all you can do is to wait patiently or possibly pray in whichever God you believe. Your timeline is quite tight, but it is not impossible to achieve.

1)For study permit from outside Canada the processing time is 12 weeks and for Work permit from outside Canada (if you apply for work permit from Singapore as it is location specific) the processing time is 25 weeks.

2)To be clear for your study permit applied from Malaysia which is being processed in Singapore VO the processing time is 12 weeks which would translate as 12th Aug 2022. This is based on the date of Biometrics completion.

3)So, You can submit a webform to expedite the process only after 12th Aug 2022.

4)After receiving PPR if you send Passport for stamping immediately the next day to VFS Singapore - based on Singapore candidates experience. These passports are sent from VFS Singapore to Singapore OC in batches (I believe OC refers to Overseas Canadian Mission or Overseas embassy of Canada because that is where they do the Visa stamping). Ideally it takes around 5 to 7 working days for candidates to receive it back.
Timeline of one of my friends:
Passport sent on 16th June 2022 and received back with Visa stamping on 25th June 2022.

My suggestion would be to wait as you should be expecting result by early or mid-July 2022.

Have a plan B which is to save money to book last minute flight ticket as it will be expensive.

Finally, keep your DLI institution informed that you have applied for Study Permit and awaiting response from IRCC. So, if by 1st week of Sep 2022 you still have not received any result from IRCC then you can request to defer for next upcoming intake with your DLI institution.

Let's hope for good news soon and All the best.

Reactions: HS7 and LeeLe

Scream5129

Jun 22, 2022
From the very bottom of my heart, I truly appreciate the very detailed, in-depth reply that you've kindly left. Whatever you're currently struggling with, I pray to God that you resolve it as soon as possible. May God bless you, sincerely.

Bannu123

Jun 29, 2022
Hi, I got PPR on 22nd June and Passport delivered to VFS on 24th June. No updates from VFS till, not even acknowledgment or tracking number generated. How long does it take to get my passport back

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
From the very bottom of my heart, I truly appreciate the very detailed, in-depth reply that you've kindly left. Whatever you're currently struggling with, I pray to God that you resolve it as soon as possible. May God bless you, sincerely.
Any update?

maxviolet

Nov 24, 2020
Hi Guys, early March submission without medical, but no news yet. I am going for medical this week ( without medical request) . Since it is not upfront , how shall i link my medical result with my application? Some says that i need to upload via web form, some says that the clinic will help to do. How shall i do it guys?