+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit application from Singapore/Malaysia

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Yeah for both of us, So I sent them email in morning arround 8:30 because call was going on IVR loop, First reply I got them from arround 12 noon saying they're looking into this and thank for your patience, then arround 8pm got email for SP PPR and after 30 min for SOWP.

I kind noticed they're flagging certain words in webform which gets priority over queue of all forms.
Great news, enjoy and I’m happy for you guys. Long wait n patience.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Yeah for both of us, So I sent them email in morning arround 8:30 because call was going on IVR loop, First reply I got them from arround 12 noon saying they're looking into this and thank for your patience, then arround 8pm got email for SP PPR and after 30 min for SOWP.

I kind noticed they're flagging certain words in webform which gets priority over queue of all forms.
Why are you getting so quick and regular updates?

I used the webform too but so far I never got anything except for the acknowledgement email.

Is this really for randomly selected people only?

accidenteleng

Jul 30, 2022
Why are you getting so quick and regular updates?

I used the webform too but so far I never got anything except for the acknowledgement email.

Is this really for randomly selected people only?
I wouldn't call it quick and regular updates, I've been sending web form at-least twice a week since first week of June, Just got reply first time with new webform. My wife was Sept in-take but we already defer it to January last week since we didn't get any update and school already confirmed it on monday and now we got PPR, but will stick with Jan 2023 now.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
I wouldn't call it quick and regular updates, I've been sending web form at-least twice a week since first week of June, Just got reply first time with new webform. My wife was Sept in-take but we already defer it to January last week since we didn't get any update and school already confirmed it on monday and now we got PPR, but will stick with Jan 2023 now.
WTF? Twice a week since first week of June and they only give you updates now?
Thats really sucky. But is the approval given for the Sept 22 or Jan 23 intake?
Does it make a difference?

For me they gave me the approval a little too quickly, which is why I am worried this may not be for the correct DLI.

accidenteleng

Jul 30, 2022
Great news, enjoy and I’m happy for you guys. Long wait n patience.
Thank you CJ27, Hopefully you receive PPR soon too, I would send email to embassy as well saying you already past the average processing time. and your case is bit tricky too since your wife ans kid already got PPR and you didn't because clerical mistake.

accidenteleng

Jul 30, 2022
WTF? Twice a week since first week of June and they only give you updates now?
Thats really sucky. But is the approval given for the Sept 22 or Jan 23 intake?
Does it make a difference?

For me they gave me the approval a little too quickly, which is why I am worried this may not be for the correct DLI.
Well we applied Oct 2021, since my passport is Indian I'm thinking it took Indian processing time which is 44 weeks which makes complet sense because today makes 46th week from the day we applied, Singapore Embassy says 9 weeks for work permit though.

For Intake I don't think it make any difference unless I'm wrong but will find out for sure.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Well we applied Oct 2021, since my passport is Indian I'm thinking it took Indian processing time which is 44 weeks which makes complet sense because today makes 46th week from the day we applied, Singapore Embassy says 9 weeks for work permit though.

For Intake I don't think it make any difference unless I'm wrong but will find out for sure.
For my case, they were waiting for me to go do a new medical check up, cos my previous check up results expired.
However, as soon as they received my new medical report, and the system shows my application status as submitted, I think they approved my application within 1 - 2 weeks.

That is why I have a concern that they havent updated my application with the new DLI information before granting my approval.
If thats the case, it will be freaking sucky as hell.

May 31, 2023
Hi anyone applied for Fall 2023, study permit from Singapore?

I applied in early April, still stuck at background check, anyone has similar experience?

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Hi anyone applied for Fall 2023, study permit from Singapore?

I applied in early April, still stuck at background check, anyone has similar experience?
Hi hellothisisalex, as per current process the processing timeline is 6 weeks and if your application has crossed this timeline then you may send a webform requesting to expedite your application. Usually they will respond quickly in 3 to 5 days which is based on recent feedback from Singapore candidates.

May 31, 2023
Hi hellothisisalex, as per current process the processing timeline is 6 weeks and if your application has crossed this timeline then you may send a webform requesting to expedite your application. Usually they will respond quickly in 3 to 5 days which is based on recent feedback from Singapore candidates.
Thanks, I've raised the webform on 22nd May to upload more documents and another one on 29th May to ask about its status, hoping they reply soon... will update if they do