+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit application from Singapore/Malaysia

Scream5129

Jun 22, 2022
Hi Guys, early March submission without medical, but no news yet. I am going for medical this week ( without medical request) . Since it is not upfront , how shall i link my medical result with my application? Some says that i need to upload via web form, some says that the clinic will help to do. How shall i do it guys?
Hi maxxviolet. For me, I did my medical exam upfront. I went to the clinic, got my test done and got the result sheets with a UMI on it.
If you tell them you're doing it without the medical request, they may be able to assist you. Even if they don't, you can send IRCC a web form and attach a PDF of the medical results with your UMI visible.

Reactions: maxviolet

maxviolet

Nov 24, 2020
Hi maxxviolet. For me, I did my medical exam upfront. I went to the clinic, got my test done and got the result sheets with a UMI on it.
If you tell them you're doing it without the medical request, they may be able to assist you. Even if they don't, you can send IRCC a web form and attach a PDF of the medical results with your UMI visible.
Thank you Scream5129 !!

Reactions: Scream5129

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
My personal experience is that your nationality plays a vital part in how long your visa gets processed, not so much so the visa office processing your application.

When I applied for my first study permit, I am a Singaporean by the way, my visa was processed not by the Singapore office, but the Edmonton office instead.

I got my study permit approval in a month's time. That was before Covid of course.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Nowadays it's taking more time than usual for a study permit from Singapore. I applied for my study visa this Feb and it still it shows is under process. I don't know how much time it will take to approve my study visa. My friends who are study in Australia told me that in Australia the waiting period is less as compared to Singapore.

If your application is taking than their stipulated time of 12 weeks, then you should raise a web form to ask what is going on.

Scream5129

Jun 22, 2022
Hey everyone, I just wanted to update you that on July 18th I received my correspondence letter. Not sure what it exactly means, but I hope it's good news.

aaimy

Jul 18, 2022
Hey guys!

I applied for a student visa from Malaysia on the 27th of May, Biometrics done and uploaded on the 9th of June. From then till now there has been no update/changes to my application and my school term will start on the 6th of September. They have not requested for my medical aswell and Malaysia is a country where one is required for the visa.

I am worried I will not receive my visa on time, especially with all the talks of delays and backlogs etc. My school term starts on the 6th of September but I would preferably like to be in Canada by the end of August to attend the orientation as well as accustom myself to the dorms and campus. Realistically would I be fine given that there is still a month and a few weeks left till school begins or would having to defer be a likely outcome?

Anyone who could share their timeline or offer any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Hey guys!

I applied for a student visa from Malaysia on the 27th of May, Biometrics done and uploaded on the 9th of June. From then till now there has been no update/changes to my application and my school term will start on the 6th of September. They have not requested for my medical aswell and Malaysia is a country where one is required for the visa.

I am worried I will not receive my visa on time, especially with all the talks of delays and backlogs etc. My school term starts on the 6th of September but I would preferably like to be in Canada by the end of August to attend the orientation as well as accustom myself to the dorms and campus. Realistically would I be fine given that there is still a month and a few weeks left till school begins or would having to defer be a likely outcome?

Anyone who could share their timeline or offer any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

If you have not even done your medical check up, that means your application is not complete and thus not under processing.
The actual processing time starts from and ONLY when your application is completed, meaning all documents are in place.

You had better sign in to your IRCC account and check the section under "Messages about your application".
What you need to do is stated under this section.

In any case, there is only about 7 weeks left from now til September, it looks like you will not receive your study permit approval in time.
You better consider deferring your program.

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
Hey guys!

Mine is the same as yours. Give yourself til end of August. If you hear nothing, then you should contact your school for deferal to Jan2023 intake. That's the only option you can go with right now

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
Hey guys!

I am in the same boat as you too. Can only wait. If still no reply by 18 Aug 22 (That should be your 12th week processing) You can send them a webform to ask why no updates.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
I am in the same boat as you too. Can only wait. If still no reply by 18 Aug 22 (That should be your 12th week processing) You can send them a webform to ask why no updates.
His 1st week hasn't even begun because he did not do his medical check up, his application is not complete.

aaimy

Jul 18, 2022
His 1st week hasn't even begun because he did not do his medical check up, his application is not complete.
It says on the page that 'You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.'

I dont think my application is incomplete they just havent requested it or whatever cuz I didn't do it upfront or IRCC is just slow and incompetent. I have a friend who got their visa recently and they got the request for their medical checkup a month or so after biometrics.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
It says on the page that 'You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.'

I dont think my application is incomplete they just havent requested it or whatever cuz I didn't do it upfront or IRCC is just slow and incompetent. I have a friend who got their visa recently and they got the request for their medical checkup a month or so after biometrics.
In my experience, the medical exam is the final thing that they ask you to do before deciding whether to grant your visa or not.

Unless you had done a prior medical exam, eventually you will have to do it.

So you still have a long way to go until you receive that study permit approval.

Reactions: LeeLe

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
Oh yea that is true, but not sure if it start from biometric submission or medical. Anyway just saw the processing time now is 98 days. :( That is 14weeks now.

edit : sorry my bad I was looking at visitor visa. It is still 12 week for study permit.

Last edited: