+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Amendment

t2022

Jan 10, 2022
I finally got a response from them. they have confirmed that they mailed the amended version, on friday. 6 months later, so i guess the processing time is 6 months. I mailed it mid september 2021, and they only sent a correspondence letter on the 24th of March 2022 and then the final decision was updated on the 25th of March.

Reactions: Lc4life

Rawan234

Jan 30, 2022
I finally got a response from them. they have confirmed that they mailed the amended version, on friday. 6 months later, so i guess the processing time is 6 months. I mailed it mid september 2021, and they only sent a correspondence letter on the 24th of March 2022 and then the final decision was updated on the 25th of March.
great news, thanks for the update
I emailed mine on 5th Oct... I hope I will get an update soon

If anyone received an update, please share here :)

isharayaham

Nov 7, 2021
How did you get that corresponding letter?through your GCkey account

jhcm

Apr 13, 2022
I sent my study permit amendment on 3th oct-2021. I have not received a response. More than 6 months have passed. Canada's website states that the processing time for amendment of valid temporary resident document is currently 26 weeks.

Apr 16, 2022
I sent mine on December 21, because the college told me that it should be amended and they told me that I cannot start working until it is amended, however, I had already started working because I got my SIN at Service Canada without any problem. I hope that I don't get in trouble with them. Do you have any knowledge about working without the amendment?

Rawan234

Jan 30, 2022
I sent mine on December 21, because the college told me that it should be amended and they told me that I cannot start working until it is amended, however, I had already started working because I got my SIN at Service Canada without any problem. I hope that I don't get in trouble with them. Do you have any knowledge about working without the amendment?
I don't know, they actually refused to issue me a SIN number till my permit is amended.

Anyone got an update this week?

Rawan234

Jan 30, 2022
I sent my study permit amendment on 3th oct-2021. I have not received a response. More than 6 months have passed. Canada's website states that the processing time for amendment of valid temporary resident document is currently 26 weeks.
Yes they updated it, my application passed 27 weeks, and still no update!

jhcm

Apr 13, 2022
Last Friday 6th may-2022 I received my new study permit. After seven months, since I sent my study permit amendment.

Reactions: Lc4life

Rawan234

Jan 30, 2022
Last Friday 6th may-2022 I received my new study permit. After seven months, since I sent my study permit amendment.
Update: I received an email that they approved my request and the new permit is already mailed to me.

How long did you wait for the document after the email? was it sent fast or did it take weeks?

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
I don`t know why IRRC is doing so. I sent my one on Sep 16th, 2021. Now more than 4 months. In your case, I saw someone has done travel with a photocopy of the study permit and mentioned the issue he/she had at the border. But not sure.
Hello I’m in similar boat. Did u get your new study permit yet?