+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Amendment

Dolphin22

Dec 20, 2021
Hello everyone,

I extended my study permit months ago and received the new one 3 months ago. The problem is not my first name wasn't printed on it so I followed up the steps on amendment request page and mailed the document. There was no option to create an online application you just need to mail it and they received the mail around 3 months ago I know this because I used registered mail. But still, I received nothing when I called IRCC I couldn't speak to anyone. The number on their website is not working. How can I learn more about my application processes? Is there an email address or any other way I can reach them?

Thanks in advance
Hello. I am in a similar situation, it's been three months that I sent my permit (work permit in my case) for a correction, and I am getting worried. Just curious whether you have received it in the meantime?
If anyone has received news, would be happy to hear about your timeline. Perhaps there is hope somewhere..!
Thanks and all the best to you all!

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
When I had our permits amended, I sent it last April 14, they received it April 19, I got the amended permits via mail May 5.

Aish8

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hello! Did anyone receive any update on amendment application? Please let me know, thank you!

Prokhor

Oct 12, 2021
No update. I even got a local MP office involved. IRCC confirmed that they received my application in September. Here’s the answer I got from them:

- The application was received at the Operations Support Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, on September 7, 2021.
- Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
- As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.

I guess we are all in the same situation.

Aish8

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
No update. I even got a local MP office involved. IRCC confirmed that they received my application in September. Here’s the answer I got from them:

- The application was received at the Operations Support Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, on September 7, 2021.
- Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
- As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.

hey! please do let us know if you get any update. thank you!

@hustler77

Jun 7, 2020
Hello Everyone,
My brothers study permit expires same month ex June 2022 and he graduates on June 22 , now if anyone on the same situation before and how did you went about it for application of pgwp from Ontario as they do need valid study permit correct before applying PGWP? Any suggestion or insights are welcome, I tried to check online it says visitor extension , not too sure bt it ?

Panda27

Feb 23, 2022
Hello,

Do you guys have any updates from IRCC? I've sent back my documents on October 1, 2021 and still I haven't heard back from them. So, how can an international student file a tax if you don't even have a SIN?? I've sent numerous follow up via web form and even called the IRCC but still no helpful information from them. This is totally frustrating.

isharayaham

Nov 7, 2021
Hello,

Do you guys have any updates from IRCC? I've sent back my documents on October 1, 2021 and still I haven't heard back from them. So, how can an international student file a tax if you don't even have a SIN?? I've sent numerous follow up via web form and even called the IRCC but still no helpful information from them. This is totally frustrating.
yes . it is true. for my one almost 5 months. I raised numerous web forms and got help from the local MP as well. But they do not have any sense regarding our problem. So worrying and really disappointing about their service

Rawan234

Jan 30, 2022
Same here; it has been 5 months and no update! Do you know anyone who applied for an amendment before our dates and got any updates?

isharayaham

Nov 7, 2021
hey! please do let us know if you get any update. thank you!

Hi, did you get any updates regarding your application?