hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Thanks Hussain, Will November will also too early, My brother lives in Canada, So i explain them i will be able to cover my expenses.
Does he live in the same province as your college/university? Normally it is fine if your brother lives in the same Province but seriously there is no need to go early. Typically it is best to go there a month early to get everything done.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Also, Do/Should i update CIC about all this situation, if yes then how?
You don't have to but you can do so my a case specific enquiry. In my case they asked me an update letter of acceptance so they were already informed.

danishmalik

Jul 3, 2014
Hi Hussain,

Yes, My
Does he live in the same province as your college/university? Normally it is fine if your brother lives in the same Province but seriously there is no need to go early. Typically it is best to go there a month early to get everything done.

Hi Hussain,

Yes, My brother lives in same province and same city, and How should i inform them about my New Acceptance latter.

Aug 24, 2019
Since you got the visa then you are good to go and there wont be any issue on the port of entry just get the updated letter of admission and that'll be it. But why are you going that early? They would ask questions related to this so go near the date when your classes will begin.
hello Hussainkestrel, would really appreciate your help with my situation;

My study permit was recently approved and will be valid until my passport expiry date i.e., January 2. 2020.

I will apply for a new passport on urgent notice so I can carry it with me to Canada and apply for an extension from there. Now my question is,
  • When I am issued a new passport, will my current one with the study permit be cancelled?? Will I be able to use my current passport to enter Canada?
Now, I believe I will have to apply for a Study Permit Extension in October while I am in Canada.

I just checked the checklist and it mentions that I will have to provide my Medical Results as well. I completed my Medical examination this July 2019 after I received the request to provide it for my Study Permit Application. Why am I being asked to provide them again?? Is it mandatory to provide them for every Extension?

Really appreciate your advice. Thanks

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Also, Do/Should i update CIC about all this situation, if yes then how?
What did you decide to do? Did you contact CIC to let them know? On my SP it says don't enter the country before 3 weeks. I've seen a few say that they weren't allowed entry and had to return home only to come back later.
Also when was your medical done? Since it's only valid for a year, you have to enter Canada before that year expires or get a new medical done.

@lli

Jun 21, 2019
Good Morning all,
I have a study visa till 2023 with the intention of resumption in Jan 2020 but now the school said that the class is full that I can differ or take a new course that will start in Jan.i had booked my ticket for Dec already can I go into Canada in Dec and I will be allow to go in.

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Hi everybody,
I'd appreciate a lot if replies come from experienced members or from those members who are in the same situation. Will try to be really detailed.

I'm form Argentina and I applied for Mohawk College in May 2016 for and IT program. I got admitted by mid-October 2016. I started the study permit process (study permit for me, open work permit for my husband and open study permit for muy daughter) right after I collected all the papers to upload and then submit the visa application. In the meantime, I paid the first semester fees in total, so I had just to wait for the CIC to request our passports to stamp them, in case everything ran smoothly.
Although actual classes started on Jan 10th, 2017, I had to register for courses by December 8th, 2016. It wasn't until December 15th, 2016 that we were requested our passport to be sent to the CIC. The college gives students the possibility to defer admission in case there is an issue (you are not ready for such semester, etc). Since course registration came nearer and I had no reply form the CIC, I resorted to the "benefit" of admission deferral, which I got without any problem for the following intake, that is September 1st, 2017 (till April 30th, 2019).
Finally, I got the CIC notice asking to submit our passports (visa was approved) on December 15th, 2016, that is 5 days after we were supposed to be in Canada. Remember we are a family and needed also to find housing, a school for my daughter, open bank account, etc. I sent the passports to the VAC as requested by the CIC and the VAC contacted us on January 5th, 2017 to pick up/send our passports with the visa valid from December 15, 2017 to June 30th, 2018.
Just to be on the safe side, in May I wrote the CIC explaining I had an admission deferral because they had delayed in their decision and I asked for their advise, whether travelling to Canada under the visa validity I already had or if I needed to re-apply. The officer was very brief:

Good afternoon,
If you have a new acceptance letter with different dates you should submit a new application. The permit you were issued matches the conditions and dates of the letter you submitted. If those dates and/or conditions have changed you should apply for a new permit.

There I claimed them that the new letter was a deferral as a result of their delay in taking their decision and requesting our passports. The new reply was:

Good afternoon,
You may apply for a new permit, paying the corresponding fees, so that the introduction letter and the visa match the acceptance letter’s dates. However, please note that you can travel with your current documents and at time of arrival in Canada, when you show your new acceptance letter, you will probably be issued a permit which will match the new dates.

I asked for a king of assurance, since I was afraid of showing all the supporting documents to the border officer at the POE and not being issued the study permit. Their reply was the decision was on the officer, the documents I present to justify why I'm enterign Canada in such date, and if the explanations I would give the officer would suffice.

Now, I have many doubts:

1) Can we travel using the visa that matches the original letter of acceptance and give the explanations necessary at the POE plus showing the new letter? Won't it be risky in the sense they will send us back to our country? Would like someone with the experience in this issue will reply.

2) Do I submit a new application to match the dates in the new letter.

What's your advice? I'm kind of depressed and desperate.

Thanks a lot.
hi i just want to know like i have been approved for May Intake 2020 but due to this Prevailing Covid 19 situation i am planning to defer my program to September intake but my visa is valid as per may intake session so if i going to deffer i will be getting new LOA so at the POE what should i do ?

will i be eligible to enter with NEW LOA or i should re-apply for my study permit again with deferral offer letter please advised accordingly

thank you

Reactions: Drsunmeet Singh

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
hi i just want to know like i have been approved for May Intake 2020 but due to this Prevailing Covid 19 situation i am planning to defer my program to September intake but my visa is valid as per may intake session so if i going to deffer i will be getting new LOA so at the POE what should i do ?

will i be eligible to enter with NEW LOA or i should re-apply for my study permit again with deferral offer letter please advised accordingly

thank you
I got my study permit for Sept. 2019, but had deferred to January 2020. I arrived in Canada on Dec. 31st with no problems. My study permit was only issued until the date given on my IRCC letter so may need to extend it in country next year. I don't think you'll have a problem. Many others will be facing this same situation.

Reactions: Manpreet_kaur1100

Drsunmeet Singh

Mar 26, 2020

thank you
Congratulations could you please share when you got the visa and when did you applied?

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
I got my study permit for Sept. 2019, but had deferred to January 2020. I arrived in Canada on Dec. 31st with no problems. My study permit was only issued until the date given on my IRCC letter so may need to extend it in country next year. I don't think you'll have a problem. Many others will be facing this same situation.
thank you for this information .... really valuable for me and must be for others as well...

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
hi i just want to know are you enrolled in 8 months /1 year program or on 2 year program?