+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit about to expire, PGWP still in process

nganngan974

Jun 21, 2019
Hi @russ6970,
Taking a course in summer term is optional and so, I have always understood that I still could work full-time during this period, regardless of my class (usually I only take 1 class of 3 credits for summer, while a minimum of 3 classes for spring and fall). I hope this gives your a bit more information to help my case. Thank you again!

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hi @russ6970,
Taking a course in summer term is optional and so, I have always understood that I still could work full-time during this period, regardless of my class (usually I only take 1 class of 3 credits for summer, while a minimum of 3 classes for spring and fall). I hope this gives your a bit more information to help my case. Thank you again!
Yes, but you have finished your course, so optional summer terms are moot. You have to apply for the PGWP and then you will be on implied status.

nganngan974

Jun 21, 2019
Yes, but you have finished your course, so optional summer terms are moot. You have to apply for the PGWP and then you will be on implied status.
Thank you so much for your clarification! As per said, I should delay my starting date for that full-time job until I apply for my PGWP. Then, can I still maintain my part-time job?
Many thanks,

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Yes, you cannot work full-time until you apply. I can't give you advise on the part-time job though. Don't delay in applying is my advice so you can work full-time.

nganngan974

Jun 21, 2019
Yes, you cannot work full-time until you apply. I can't give you advise on the part-time job though. Don't delay in applying is my advice so you can work full-time.
I don't mean to delay my application, just because it takes my institution some time to process and issue those needed letter and I have no way to urge them. They said that all those letters would be processed after June 26th and did not guarantee which date I could have them in hands. That makes me in lost and insecure.
I appreciate your help.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
When I was in the position, I made sure they gave the marks to me before my permit expired. Just make sure they know you need it to continue working. Be firm.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your clarification! As per said, I should delay my starting date for that full-time job until I apply for my PGWP. Then, can I still maintain my part-time job?
Many thanks,
You can only work part time until you receive confirmation of graduation. See at around 12 min mark.

Khun

Sep 9, 2019
Hi...
A bad day for my life
I’m graduated college with 2 years program on March then I have applied Working permit so, I just find out that
My study permit expired on July 31,
Since I applied for a work permit two months prior to my study permit expiration date, I contracted CIC and was told that it is still being processed.

While, I’m waiting my working permit, I still working without study permit over a month now I stoped to work since I find out that I’m not allowed to work.

Will be any problem and what should I do for now?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi...
A bad day for my life
I’m graduated college with 2 years program on March then I have applied Working permit so, I just find out that
Since I applied for a work permit two months prior to my study permit expiration date, I contracted CIC and was told that it is still being processed.

While, I’m waiting my working permit, I still working without study permit over a month now I stoped to work since I find out that I’m not allowed to work.

You don't need study permit to work if you applied for pgwp with a valid permit.

So your study permit only needed to be valid when you applied then you can work full time until a decision is made on your pgwp.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi...
A bad day for my life

There is no problem. As you applied for a PGWP prior to your study permit expiring, you are allowed to keep working.

Khun

Sep 9, 2019
I just found another information that they not allow to work while you waiting for PGWP while your study permit expired even though you already applied for PGWP

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
On this state said you can work if you still have a study permit.... but for my alrady expired it burn my life
It very clearly says "HAD a valid study permit", meaning that your study permit had to be valid when you applied for the PGWP.

Seriously, it is very clearly written that you can continue working. I don't know why you are trying to cause yourself problems.