+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit 4 months delay Fall 2018 intake

Justfesty

Sep 2, 2018
Dear Sir,
I submitted a study permit application on 8th of May, 2018 and I wish to inquire about the status of the application. This request has become necessary as the University will resume next week (5th of September).
Kindly see the details of my application below:
Name:
Unique Client Identifier (UCI):
Application number:
I have great confidence in you that you will look into this request. Thank you for your service.
PS I think you're about to receive a miracle cos your message went to my spam and for one reason, I checked that tonight. So fingers crossed

Reactions: toyinsco and Evankc

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Am Kenyan....any update on your side??

I was rejected base on my travel history, purpose of visit and personal asset and financial status .... That they àre not satisfied that i will leave Canada at the end of my stay....

Justfesty

Sep 2, 2018
I was rejected base on my travel history, purpose of visit and personal asset and financial status .... That they àre not satisfied that i will leave Canada at the end of my stay....
Sorry to hear, that's a common reason they give when they are not convinced. That's why I tell people that except you have asset and good financial base, preferably apply as a student.

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Sorry to hear, that's a common reason they give when they are not convinced. That's why I tell people that except you have asset and good financial base, preferably apply as a student.

Am planning to reapply but am thinking of what major issue I should tackle because my sponsore account including properties documents that was attach to it was up to 270,000 dollars. So i don't think is the financial aspect. Maybe to demonstrate to them that i will leave Canada after my study. But my personal account as a student is not up to 10,000 dollars but my sponsore account is a enough with huge amount .

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Though for the new application I have collected my study leave permit from my place of work and it indicate my resuming date after my study ... so am going to attach the letter and re-edit my sop and also i have add more money to my personal account to make it up to 10,000 US dollars not to talk of the sponsore account. Hope it will work for good

Justfesty

Sep 2, 2018
Though for the new application I have collected my study leave permit from my place of work and it indicate my resuming date after my study ... so am going to attach the letter and re-edit my sop and also i have add more money to my personal account to make it up to 10,000 US dollars not to talk of the sponsore account. Hope it will work for good
Sounds like a good plan. I think the health of your personal account is more important than that of your sponsor's account for the simple reason that your sponsor might renege in sponsoring you. So fixing it up is good. And maybe give it some two three months before reapplying. Heard people who got rejected simply for immediate reapplication cos the VO prolly thought their situation couldn't have changed overnight. Moreover, that helps if you're trying to boost your personal account.

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Sounds like a good plan. I think the health of your personal account is more important than that of your sponsor's account for the simple reason that your sponsor might renege in sponsoring you. So fixing it up is good. And maybe give it some two three months before reapplying. Heard people who got rejected simply for immediate reapplication cos the VO prolly thought their situation couldn't have changed overnight. Moreover, that helps if you're trying to boost your personal account.

I was rejected last month so am applying for the new application this Friday because i have been working on the refusal letter since last 2weeks. I have even differ my resumption to the last intake September so is better to reapply quick because here in my country according to there processing time is 23weeks but my first application too 2months only so it can't be predicted either longer or shorter....

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
I believe it will be review by different VO and they will have there own different judgement because some are crazy and some are nice .

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Please check my sop and tell me if its ok or anything I can add or edit . I need your comment please

Letter of Explanation

To,
The Visa Officer
High Commission of Canada

Name: SAA Esther
Institute Name: Toronto School of Management
Course: Diploma in Business Management

Dear Sir/Madam

I had applied for a study permit on January 17, 2019 to study at Toronto School of Management in Canada and got the visa rejection on January 30, 2019. The study permit was rejected for the following reasons:

“You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay”. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

Ø purpose of visit

Since I’m addressing the reasons for my rejection, my letter may be longer than the recommended one page please bear with me.
My name is SAA Esther I’m from Cameroon, I have an ABE (Association of Business Executive) L5 Diploma in Business Management pathway Financial Management. This diploma contains just 8 modules which is limited and just the introduction to business.
Starting working for my dad as an internal control assistant at his company (LIGHT SARL which is offering services and developing products in many different branch of activities such as health promotion and healthcare services, agriculture, breeding and fish farming), I realised that I lack a lot of skill and knowledge to fully perform, to take and have more responsibilities. That is why I decided to learn some more and do a proper training. I am currently earning a salary of 300000XAF per month.
Here in Cameroon unfortunately institutions specialize in management courses do not properly train students, don’t give themenough tools and skills that will be needed at the work place. My Dad was a chief medical doctor in several districts in Cameroon, after he was appointed as a technical adviser at the Ministry of Public Health then to the Director of Promotion and Health) before taking his retirement and decided to become an entrepreneur and open his own company. He travelled all around the world to many countries but the one country that stood out to him was Canada. He was overwhelm by their kindness, the country’s multi-cultural nature and above all their educational system.

Purpose of visit
The reason for my visit is to acquire an apply knowledge of the functional components in Business Management. I’m in need for the best knowledge and skills to be at my best at work. I chose Toronto School of Management (TSoM) which offers Business management with Co-op. My tuition fee is $12500 CAD. I already paid 25% of the fee which is $3500. I also obtain a scholarship of $5500.
My program consist of 17 modules which includes Windows Fundamentals and MS Office, Bookkeeping, Computerized and Financial Acct with Simply Accounting, Business Environment, Managing Financial Resources, Organizations and Behaviour, Marketing Principles, Business Decision Making, Research Project, FinancialAccounting and Reporting, Personal and Professional Development, Working with and Leading People, Managing Business Activities to Achieve Results, ManagingCommunications, Operations Management in Business, Business Work Experience, Business Work Ethics, and with a WorkPlacement. This course covers almost all sectors of a business. The best part is that TSoM not only provides during in-class lessons business simulations which makes you better assimilate lessons and also after learning all these modules, they place us in various business establishments for an on-the-job training, integrating our classroom studies with supervised practical work experience directly related to what we studied and our career goals. This course targets exactly what I’m in need of. It is a more complete diploma that gets you set and ready to excel in any business organization instantly which what I need and aim for. Plus it will be in a short period of time because with all the objectives there is for the Company I don’t want to be out for long.

FUTURE PLANS AND PROSPECT

At completion of my studies in Toronto, when I will return home I strongly believe that I will be a key asset to LIGHT SARL for it expansion, financial development, control, develop its marketing sector, staff recruiting and training, I will also act as his project coordinator; Business Analyst; business Consultant and any role I can have with the skill and knowledge I will gain many more skills that I will gain (attach to this a letter of promising employment letter). I also to see which other sector we can invest into and how we can expand throughout African creating our family legacy which our children and country will benefit from it.
Since we have plans to export our agricultural product firstly in central Africa then all around Africa and world in the next years, the need for me to know more about international business is crucial and in Toronto School of Management they train you for that.
I have no plans in extending my stay in Canada with all plans there is for my dad’s company. In my family it is impossible for us to live away from each other and our parents. My sisters also studied in Europe and Russia and all we came back and established ourselves back home.

FINANCE

My study will be fully sponsored by my father (Dr. SAA). I have attached my birth certificate and my father Identity Card. to prove he is my father.
Also, to demonstrate his commitment, my father Dr. SAA, has signed a letter of sponsorship undertaking to cover all cost of my studies in Canada for the full duration.
In Canada, I will still be a student with parent’s support. Thus, 100% of the funds that will used to pay my tuition fees and my living expenses during my schooling will be provided by my sponsor.
The personal bank statement amounting to approximately $ %%%%% Canadian (Please see attached his Personal Bank Statement. Doc, and Account Statement Doc). He has also acquired properties for which certificates have been provided.
My father is an entrepreneur and runs his own company (Leadership Investment and Global Health Technology ‘‘LIGHT SARL’’). The activities of my father’s company allow him to earn enough to support me during my studies. I have attached to this letter the evidence of the finances of my sponsor (some documents of properties of my father. Doc, currents contracts for 3 years. Doc his business documents, Doc Banks statement of his company Doc, Balance Sheet. Doc).
Lastly, I again request you to please consider my application for a study permit, and feel free to email or call me for a personal interview if you have any other ambiguities regarding my application.
Thanking you

Reactions: toyinsco

Justfesty

Sep 2, 2018
I'll advise you to review it and cut out some things. Key things needed are a brief reason to justify the VO got it wrong the first time. Why you chose your school and location, your source of funding and convincing reason that you'll return after your study. Be careful not to disparage the schools in your country as that doesn't speak well for you. There's nothing wrong with pursuing a degree offered in your country elsewhere , you just have to give a convincing reason. Finally, think of a VO like someone attending to several applications, he/she won't be reading something too lengthy. Hope this helps

Reactions: toyinsco

cyan

Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the clarification. After my medical in June, my application was stuck in the "we are processing your application" stage. So like you, I use the IRCC webform to file an enquiry. I never got any response. So last Monday praying and trusting God, I had a very brief message on my online page which says "application/profile updated". I open the online account only to find there was no update. Then when I logged out and logged in again, the status had gone back to " submitted ".
I took the initiative to message the embassy processing my application. Take note, I submitted in Lagos Nigeria but my application was processed in Nairobi Kenya. I used "status of 8th May Study Permit application" as the subject of the mail.
Reminded them I still don't have a decision on my study permit application and that my school would resume on September 5th.
The following day which was Tuesday, I got a response saying " Good day, thank you for your enquiry. Please note that we have finalised processing your application and the decision will be sent to the VAC in the coming days. We hope this information suffices. Thank you for the interest you've shown in Canada". I was a bit relieved by this even though my online account never showed any update after that.
On Thursday, I got a mail from VFS saying my processed passport was ready for collection. On Friday, I went over and picked my passport and saw ma visa counterfoil neatly placed in it lol. Till I got to VFS and left, my online account was still in limbo. But after I picked my passport, I checked again, and it says "updated". Then later on, the status changed to "approved"
On Saturday, I got a mail to check my account and when I did, my POE letter of introduction had been sent to me.
I can tell how you feel with all this stress but believe me when I say you're not alone. You may want to follow my steps too and by God's grace, you would have your visa this week!
hello! may i ask how you contacted them? i have the same scenario, until now i haven’t rceived any updates from them yet. i’m planning to contact them too. thank you for ur response.

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Mine is 24 weeks submitted with an upfront Medicals done biometrics applied July 19 my status just changed to reviewing eligibility last moth 23 of December hope you don't go through my waiting period
Done that from Nigeria bro sent countless we form they said its under active review what more can I do than wait 24 weeks crazy
Heyy pls I know it's been long if ya seeing this pls reply me have u gotten it I have a similar situation