+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study in Quebec Convention refugee

NexusFreedome

Apr 9, 2021
Hello everyone
Im a convention refugee and i live in montreal
I’m planning to study my diploma here in Montreal (in english if i find one)
But i have some questions
Do i need a study permit as a convention refugee?
What i know is if you finished ur study while you have a study permit , you must leave Canada!
Does that applies for convention refugees as well?
What options do i have as financial assistance as a student?
I don’t mind returning the money back when i start working with my diploma certificate but i don’t know any options here in Montreal!!
Any ideas would be helpful
I prefer Montreal , since it is a cheap city and people here are nice to be honest , i’m not sure about moving to another province
But any ideas would be great
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone
What i know is if you finished ur study while you have a study permit , you must leave Canada!
I don’t mind returning the money back when i start working with my diploma certificate but i don’t know any options here in Montreal!!
I prefer Montreal , since it is a cheap city and people here are nice to be honest , i’m not sure about moving to another province
Thank you.
Have you been approved as a protected person?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone
Thank you.
As conventional refugee ( Protected Status ), you dont need to leave Canada toward the end of your studies. Requirement to leave doesnt apply to Protected person. I suppose you are after you used “conventional refugee”. You can apply for study permit. You may also qualify for financial assistance as Protected Person

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/education/student-aid/protected-persons.html

Zana Ali

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Most people confuse the term convention refugee with refugee claimant , It was a simple Qs no need to be harsh about that.
It's not simple question because he/she asks purposefully like all those who have genetic disorders it called Racist like almost 95_98% Canadian

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's not simple question because he/she asks purposefully like all those who have genetic disorders it called Racist like almost 95_98% Canadian
Nothing racist about it and it is quite offensive to be called racist when someone is actually trying to help someone. So crazy when a simple question is considered racist Would add that there is also nothing wrong with having a genetic disorder. Many other people have referred to themselves as convention refugees when they are asylum claimants so I always verify before answering the question. Sure someone else can answer your question.

NexusFreedome

Apr 9, 2021
As conventional refugee ( Protected Status ), you dont need to leave Canada toward the end of your studies. Requirement to leave doesnt apply to Protected person. I suppose you are after you used “conventional refugee”. You can apply for study permit. You may also qualify for financial assistance as Protected Person

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/education/student-aid/protected-persons.html
Thank you sir , any more information about financial assistance for students?
Also is there any special tips i should be aware of?
Thank you

NexusFreedome

Apr 9, 2021
There's no racism in his comment!
And by the way I haven’t faced any racism from any Canadian…I would say they are pretty much helpful and generous people, not sure if you live in Canada though!

NexusFreedome

Apr 9, 2021

Oh thanks for the link by the way , i just saw it
Thank you