+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

Okporoko

Jun 17, 2019
Okay so I applied from Nigeria. The process is a bit different here.
medical- 11th July, approved the same day.
Submitted application- 12th July.
But I’m still waiting.
Yeah! But it takes about a week to be uploaded on your CIC account.

Okporoko

Jun 17, 2019
Congratulations !!
I have a question. When you applied for the second time, what was your status for the medical exam? Did it pass or you dis My first application got rejected it and I have applied again yet, it’s been two months and my status still says that they don’t need a medical exam. It passed for the first application but I don’t know why it does t not indicate so for the second one.
After my first rejection, I started a new application and the slate was clean. I re-submitted my medicals from my rejected application and it was updated on my CIC page 7 days later as passed medical exam.

Maybe your record is still with them. A friend who applied in December last year got denied. She waited for just one week and re-submitted the same Documents she used for a new application. 2 weeks later she received the message to go pick up her passport as she did paper application.

Richgh

Aug 22, 2019
Please what is SDS?

Super congratulations to you and others waiting.

But the question I have is for those (like me) who have to wait at least 2 weeks to get their passports back after submitting; what hope do we have to join classes that have begun since 4th September. Deadline for registration for me for instance, is 17th September. My passport wouldn't be back by then. I wrote to my school and they said they don't defer admissions. I would have to reject the admission and re-apply.

Now, I have a study permit but can't go to school?
Which school.?

sharmajikaladka

Jul 26, 2019
How do u know its its processed in edmonton and what is ghost update ?
Its written on Biometric correspondence letter. Ghost update means that when you open your gc-key account, it shows that "Applicant/Profile Updated". But when you open your profile, you wont see any changes from the last time when you logged in. Some update will be there, but you'll not know what got updated.

Okporoko

Jun 17, 2019
Which school.?
University of Ottawa

This was what they sent earlier:

As indicated in your offer of admission, your admission is valid for the fall 2019 term only. I understand your situation but must inform you that deferring your admission at a later date will be impossible for us. Courses are staring on September 4 and students have until September 17 at the latest to register. At this point you have two option you can either wait and see if you second request will then be accepted or you can decide now to cancel your admission and re-apply later.

Please confirm if you wish to wait or if I must withdraw your admission.

Okporoko

Jun 17, 2019
Wow! Super excited. The school just agreed to postpone my admission to the winter 2020 semester.

I am not panicking anymore.

May you all awaiting get good news like me too.

Reactions: psana_18

dishamalik

Aug 29, 2019
University of Ottawa

This was what they sent earlier:

As indicated in your offer of admission, your admission is valid for the fall 2019 term only. I understand your situation but must inform you that deferring your admission at a later date will be impossible for us. Courses are staring on September 4 and students have until September 17 at the latest to register. At this point you have two option you can either wait and see if you second request will then be accepted or you can decide now to cancel your admission and re-apply later.

Please confirm if you wish to wait or if I must withdraw your admission.
There's nothing like this in Dalhousie. They said come anytime next week. But make sure you're not missing more than 2-3 classes.

Okporoko

Jun 17, 2019
There's nothing like this in Dalhousie. They said come anytime next week. But make sure you're not missing more than 2-3 classes.
Classes began on the 4th of December. They gave extension till the 17th. By the 17th, I would have missed about 2 to 3 classes. Unfortunately, by the time my passport would return back to me (End of September); I would have missed even more classes.

Last edited:

Tima28

Sep 6, 2019
Hi
Wow! Super excited. The school just agreed to postpone my admission to the winter 2020 semester.

I am not panicking anymore.

May you all awaiting get good news like me too.
Okporo am happy for you.. i wanted to advice that u apply to Carleton University, given that its a sister school to UOttawa. I gained admission there for the Fall which starts on 4th and registration closes the 17th.. the sch emailed that i can shift it 2 January which i did.
Well i applied for a study permit on 29th July at the VAC in Senegal, bt stil notin.

Reactions: Okporoko

Okporoko

Jun 17, 2019
Hi

Okporo am happy for you.. i wanted to advice that u apply to Carleton University, given that its a sister school to UOttawa. I gained admission there for the Fall which starts on 4th and registration closes the 17th.. the sch emailed that i can shift it 2 January which i did.
Well i applied for a study permit on 29th July at the VAC in Senegal, bt stil notin.
I think they will reply you soon. I applied on the 22nd of July and got feefback on the 11th of September. Mine was processed in Nairobi.