+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi Guys, is there a spreadsheet maintained to see the timelines?
Applied on June 15th, Biometrics done on June 19th, fwded to Canadian High Commission on the same day as per according to the Biometrics office in CHD, India [can't track it using VFS tracking id - contacted VFS using chat window]. GC Key account haven't yet stated any update regarding Biometrics except that it shows the biometric date that was June 19th, 2019. Medical was done last year. Checked CIC website for processing time and it says Four (4) weeks. Not sure what are your experiences so far?
Colg is sheridan, Sept 3rd is the start date of the program.

Any update to this is appreciated or any link to the spreadsheet if maintained.

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
well you can ask them directly by using the webform submission once 4 weeks have passed i guess

but i suspect they will just give you a generic answer lol. did they say they are processing your background check or something on the homepage?
Thank you for the reply.
na it just says we are processing your application on the GC key account. does anyone has timeline as to when the Biometrics will be uploaded to the GC Key account? I heard people discussing 15 working days which will be today in my case [excluding Canada Day]. It will be four weeks of processing time by July 12th in my case.

And yes, CIC will give generic answer i blv that it is under processing. Not even sure if I will get the visa or not but still though to check on the timelines with you guys.

Appreciate your responses.

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
no it depends on which visa office your application is going through. for me it took one day or 2 since i applied from singapore and it turns out singapore has a visa office as well. i read on this forum that some people have successfully transferred their application to another visa office as well after waiting for a long time without an answer

and they got the visa/permit in the end
I see, yeah I mean I think it is not yet 4 weeks so I will still wait for couple of weeks before I give them a call, it could be busy too [which I am sure it should be]. thank you for the information though.

benygod2

Jul 19, 2016
no it depends on which visa office your application is going through. for me it took one day or 2 since i applied from singapore and it turns out singapore has a visa office as well. i read on this forum that some people have successfully transferred their application to another visa office as well after waiting for a long time without an answer

and they got the visa/permit in the end
How were they able to achieve this?

Happy antil

Jul 10, 2019
Hi Guys, is there a spreadsheet maintained to see the timelines?
Applied on June 15th, Biometrics done on June 19th, fwded to Canadian High Commission on the same day as per according to the Biometrics office in CHD, India [can't track it using VFS tracking id - contacted VFS using chat window]. GC Key account haven't yet stated any update regarding Biometrics except that it shows the biometric date that was June 19th, 2019. Medical was done last year. Checked CIC website for processing time and it says Four (4) weeks. Not sure what are your experiences so far?
Colg is sheridan, Sept 3rd is the start date of the program.

Any update to this is appreciated or any link to the spreadsheet if maintained.
I m also facing the same problem i have applied on 13th june . Biometrics on 15 and update of medical exam passed on 26 june but no update after that but i have friends who ahve applied around the same time and got their visa. If you get some more information or something we can do to speed up the processing please share .

misshael

Feb 8, 2017
For those of you that received a medical request even after taking upfront medical exam (saw at least 4 others on this very thread that faced the same issue).

Send Case Specific Enquiries using webform or write emails to the visa office processing your application (at approximately 1 week gap each), attaching the eMedical tracking sheet. Sooner or later the issue will be resolved.

My medical status was finally updated after about 40 days of receiving Medical Request. Wrote 1 CSE General, 2 CSE to the Visa Office processing my application and 1 email directed to the Visa Office. And the status was finally updated after a long wait.

Let me know if you need any further details or help.

Cheers!
Hi! I have the same problem with my son's re-application. Thru gckey they sent medical request despite that this is his 2nd application, we had an upfront medical last February 18, 2019 for our first application but we were refused.

I have sent CSE thru the webform but I do not know if they are receiving it. May I know what type of application/enquiry I will choose?
And what will I put on the relationship to applicant since I am just enquiring in behalf of my 7-yr old son. Representative or sponsor or just primary applicant and put my child's information there?

Hope someone could give their opinion if someone experienced this situation. I need to leave by first week of August and I am hoping to leave together with my child.

Thanks in advance and good luck!

Ashwin01

Jul 10, 2019
Hi guys,

I applied for sds visa on 19 June
Biometrics done on 27th June and
Awaiting for response still
I don't have the tracking number coz ma consultancy is not sharing it with me..
Sheridan College, Sept 2019 intake for diploma in marketing...
IELTS score 7 all above 6 bands
Anyone with similar profile r applied on same date??

Drsharma

Jun 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I applied for sds visa on 19 June
Biometrics done on 27th June and
Awaiting for response still
I don't have the tracking number coz ma consultancy is not sharing it with me..
Sheridan College, Sept 2019 intake for diploma in marketing...
IELTS score 7 all above 6 bands
Anyone with similar profile r applied on same date??
wait for some t

-user-name-

Apr 13, 2019
Hi, my course is of 8 months (1 academic yr) and will end in april 2020. So my question is that can i apply for may intake 2020 for next course since my first course will end in April?
Thanks

anmolgagneja

May 28, 2019
Hi anmol! I'm glad the issue was resolved for you.
In my case, as specified earlier, I didn't get the medical request probably because I submitted the General CSE as well as the CSE directed to New Delhi VO, just a few hours after submitting my application. I received a response to the General CSE (saying that they forwarded the tracking sheet to the VO processing my application - New Delhi) after about a week as you stated but have not received any response to the CSE directed to the New Delhi VO. I have even mailed the New Delhi VO and have attached the tracking sheet along with it.
Did you receive a response from the CSE-New Delhi or was the status updated straight away on the GCkey portal?
The status was straight away updated in GCKey portal. And I received the original passport submission request the very next day.

anmolgagneja

May 28, 2019
Hi! I have the same problem with my son's re-application. Thru gckey they sent medical request despite that this is his 2nd application, we had an upfront medical last February 18, 2019 for our first application but we were refused.

I have sent CSE thru the webform but I do not know if they are receiving it. May I know what type of application/enquiry I will choose?
And what will I put on the relationship to applicant since I am just enquiring in behalf of my 7-yr old son. Representative or sponsor or just primary applicant and put my child's information there?

Hope someone could give their opinion if someone experienced this situation. I need to leave by first week of August and I am hoping to leave together with my child.

Thanks in advance and good luck!

Hi,

I am sorry but I am not sure if I understand your query completely. Is it a study permit application for your son? If so, you just study permit as the type of application. As for the relationship, did you make the original application yourself on his behalf (and stated the same in application form?). If yes, perhaps do the same in the CSE as well?

anmolgagneja

May 28, 2019
Original Passport Request Received.

Offered admission to Master of Management Analytics, Smith School of Business, Queen's University (January intake)
BE Computer Science - 2014
Currently working as VP, Technology for a startup in Gurgaon
IELTS - 8.5
Upfront Medical

Timeline
Applied online - non SDS - 4 May 2019
Biometrics done - 11 May 2019
Medical Request (despite taking upfront medical exam) - 28 May 2019
Wrote 4 case specific enquiries about the medical issue from 30 May 2019 till 30 June 2019
Passed Medical - 9 July 2019
Biometric Correspondence Letter - 10 July 2019
Original Passport Request - 10 July 2019

harman145

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
22nd may 14th may and 17th may, people who applied on these dates are having issues, i also applied on 17th still no update after 27th may when medical passed
bro i submit my application on 22 may nd on 28 june embassy send me a letter nd stated that your educational documents are fake