+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

1299MehtabSingh

Nov 29, 2018
Punjab
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
If you are in good health you are good to go. They are looking for specific problems like tuberculosis or some others that will demand a lot of government resources or represent a threat to their public health.
Fortunately, I do not suffer from any of such ailments. Thanks for your time and help. I appreciate this.

Abigail08

May 2, 2019
Don't bother he might have his reason I heard some agent do use the same login to creat account with all there client . Anyway how long have you applied and which country do you applied from let predict if you are in the best time to be checking your account for any update
I applied April 23 paper application SDS, received biometrics validity letter on May 3. No update until now, I’m applying from Philippines

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
I applied April 23 paper application SDS, received biometrics validity letter on May 3. No update until now, I’m applying from Philippines

Processing time for Philippines is 7weeks . Your application is just 2weeks old so you are still under the processing time . You still have to wait at least through out this Month and if your agent didn't call you then you can ask him/her to check your account for you

Reactions: 1299MehtabSingh

Lia3105

May 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am really worried about the outcome of my student visa application, and I am seeking for some advice that would ease my mind somehow.
The reasons that make me worried about my study permit are as follows:

- I have previously been studying architecture in France for 3 years and had to drop for serious personal reasons. However, I left the country as soon as I dropped and I don't hold any criminal record or infraction or whatsoever.

- The following year, I headed to Turkey to complete my studies, but the equivalency and the quota made that I was registered to interior architecture, and started over my undergraduate studies. I passed successfully and ended up the 2nd of my department, along with merit scholarships.

-The reason why I opted for another country after France rather than coming back home, is that in my country the high school diploma expires after 2 years, so in order to access higher education, I needed to retake the exam. (which is a long process)

- During my stay in Turkey, I have been approached by a recruiter from Concordia, who strongly advised me to apply which I did, and received my admission in Mdes (Master of Design) on 27th February, with a fellowship administered by the Fine Arts department.

- During the spring break, I decided to have a trip to Europe as it has been a while I haven't been there and wanted to share the experience with my Turkish friends as I have already travelled many countries while I was living there. My visa got surprisingly refused stating that I did not provide enough information regarding the purpose of my stay. (I believe I have given all the required documents, my friend got theirs, but we ended up not travelling.)

- Lately, I have been acknowledged by Concordia that I was granted a scholarship exempting me from paying tuition fees at the international rate, basically, I would be paying like a Canadian resident. ( I heard that this information should not be mentioned in the SOP, since they are looking fpr students who are more likely to invest money in the country, is that true?)

I believe for all these reasons, and my age which is 26. I won't be able to get my student permit as some elements might probably discourage an officer from allowing me a permit regardless of my academical success. (Also, I have no intention to stay in Canada, I kind of half settled in Turkey for personal and professional opportunities reasons, I am just looking for doing research as I am willing to become a professor in the university I graduated from).

I would like to have your opinion and if there is anything I can do to avoid a misunderstanding while I am applying it would be really helpful!

Last edited:

Sam7

Apr 2, 2019
I am waiting for my final decision...The review of eligibility started on April 15 and till today I have not received the final decision yet..I am going for PhD along with my wife who has been granted visiting visa by 24 th April. But I HAVE NOT GOT ANY UPDATE after getting my Correspondence letter on 15th April..My application time is already more than they stated at the time I had applied i.e. 9 weeks...I have also filled the web form for for the inquiry but they haven't replied me till now...Please suggest me what shall I do as my start was from 6th May...

Last edited:

Ravigajera

May 7, 2019
Still waiting,
SDS/Online
Medical:
Upfront
Applied : 10th April
Biometrics Collection Letter : 11th April
Biometrics Submitted : 15th April
Biometrics Reached to Bangalore VAC: 16th April
No further updates.