+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

Jaspriya

Aug 15, 2018
Hello guys

My visa has been approved yesterday for September intake. I only need to give my passport to the embassy.
I am just wondering when is the appropriate time to travel to Canada?
If I travel early, will there be a problem with the Visa Officer at the airport?
Thank you all, and best luck for everyone.
When you applied and sds or non sds?

Mohd Farhan

Sep 21, 2018
guys i haven't applied for visa yet...i want to ask that after visa arrival for how much time is it valid under sds condition ??

Ayeni babajide

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
From Nepal,
Sumitted online : 8th February
Got Medical Request: 24th April
Done Medical the next day
Status Changed: Medical Passed, Review started
Applied for May initially but deferred to September
Sent Defer Letter to IRCC on 15 th
Got biometrics validation letter 2 days after on 17th May
Its been one week since that corresponce letter came but still No decision.
Please suggest
Please did your school send you the letter or what can I see a sample of the letter. I applied for a deferal since the first week of May the only acknowledge I got from my school was your application has been received and we will begin to process it

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Please for those writing sops, i just want to give you ideal in case if you don't know what sop is all about . You need your sop to be in bullet form with each talking about a certain aspect...
no1. should start with your introduction/background...your full name, date of birth, where you are from, name of your family...where they are from....i see sops with no introductions, no format...just go straight to I am dis, I did this here, I have certificate in this, bla bla bla...thats why vo use vague cos it's vague.

No 2, talk about why you are doing so so course...this is where you try to align your previous degree with wat your intended course, pick some courses in your final year or 3rd year to align with it. Also here is where u talk about your experience, what you have been doing after your degree that pushed u to wanna do so so course. This is where u need to be very very very CONVINCING. Spend more time here than any other place...

No3, and 4, should talk about why canada and why so so school... Google can do that for u...

No5, should be titled Travel history.. here even if u have not left your country before since you were born..you just tell the vo, you haven't been opportune to travel outside of your country before but I have had the chance to travel to (name all the states you have gone to), which gave you the opportunity to experience different cultures and traditions, visit different places. Each time you travelled, I always respected and obeyed the laws, rules and regulations of the state/country and always returned home because there's no place like home (your country /state).

No 6, the home ties... here pls try to list all the full names of your family and their respective date of birth starting from your dad wat he does, to the last person in the family where all of you are from again. This saves the vo time to start checking for their birth certificates...

Finally, Your plans after studies, this is where you need to actually show you have a plan or something that you tend to offer to your country wen you return (new ideas to improve the economy or employment for people, it can be anything so long it's realistic and possible). This aspect actually helps you to avoid purpose of visit in a way....

If you noticed I didn't include anything concerning how much I have in my account or my sponors cos I believe as long as I submitted a bank statement the vo should look at it there...this avoids the vo focusing so much on how much I am making or have...

Others might have done something different (sops) and got their approvals, . also try to grow the habit of praying cos that's the power you have over the vo...

This is extremely helpful, thank you so much for this!

Reactions: Evankc

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
I have never applied before but if you were refused on the grounds that your acceptance letter is in deed an offer letter what you could do is call or email the school inform them that you need a letter of acceptance in order to apply for your study permit. In light of that your second time will be excellent once you have the school amend the letter because if you were refused only on the basis that the letter is an offer letter and not an acceptance letter then once that is sorted out CANADA HERE YOU COME. Don't be dismay, I know its a delay and change a plans but you still have a chance.

Hello, yup the University has provided me a letter of explanation to confirm my acceptance so I will reapply with that. I just hope that they don't find fault with any of my other documents this time as they literally passed the refusal decision ten days after I submitted the application. Fingers crossed though

Thank you for your kind words! I hope your application is processing smoothly :)

Reactions: Caribbean Girl

Rea123

May 24, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I submitted my application( with passport) and biometrics (Paper Based at VFS Abu Dhabi) on 24-Apr-19.
Plus, I don’t need to submit a medical report.
Received Biometric validity letter on 21-May-19.
On 23-May-19 I received an email that says :

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 23 May 2019 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.”

I linked my account online on 21-May-19 and there is no update yet and my status is still “Submitted” and eligibility and background check is still in progress.

So, why are they returning my passport if still there is no update and my status is still processing and no decision have been made. I am really confused and worried, please if anyone can clarify things let me know. Thank you.

Caribbean Girl

May 17, 2019
Hello, yup the University has provided me a letter of explanation to confirm my acceptance so I will reapply with that. I just hope that they don't find fault with any of my other documents this time as they literally passed the refusal decision ten days after I submitted the application. Fingers crossed though

Thank you for your kind words! I hope your application is processing smoothly :)
Your most welcome, the next time you will be ok for sure. Also instead of keeping your finger cross pray. I'm still waiting no update but i'm waiting, trying to be patient. Hopefully the persons that apply April 1-20 will be hearing next week know there are a few in here.

Reactions: htariq

Ash_mita

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
guys i haven't applied for visa yet...i want to ask that after visa arrival for how much time is it valid under sds condition ??
Validity of your visa will depend on your course length! It's generally 3-4 months after you complete your studies!
Try to apply asap