+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

Spoonzio

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Hello guys, My student visa was refused because of these:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.

I applied from Costa Rica, a country where I have been living for 3 years and my emigration status is temporal. Do you think that it should be a good idea to go back to my country only to reapply? Since my emigration status in Costa Rica will not change in a short time.

If I decide to go back to my country I would have to make significant changes in the SoP due to that I stated that I was going to return to Costa Rica rather than my hometown country.

Can you guys please share your thoughts?
Do you think that it is a good idea or it would only raise more red flags?

I do not know what to do :(
The officer probably have this thought on your case: "if he is in costa rica temporarily and now he want to go study in canada instead of returning to his own home country. How can i trust this applicant to return to his home country after his visa expires."
i think if you return to your home country and apply there you will have a better chance, because you proven to the officer that you will return home after years.
Also for the other reason, the family in canada part, can you elaborate? Do you have a lot of familes in Canada

Reactions: Msbrar

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
congrats. took a long time though. I applied from India on June 14th, Biometrics on June 19th. Still waiting a status update on GC Key account for biometrics.
We have the same timeline as you, have you got any response.