Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Here’s my timeline:
June 3, 2019 - Upfront medical
June 6, 2019 - Online application
June 7, 2019 - Biometrics instruction letter
June 11, 2019 - Biometrics collection
June 19, 2019 - Passed medical exam
June 24, 2019 - refusal letter sent by my Visa consultant. But the letter is dated june 20, 2019
Sorry to hear that.. Which country you have applied and whats your profile?

VaishOptimistic

Jun 19, 2019
Here’s my timeline:
June 3, 2019 - Upfront medical
June 6, 2019 - Online application
June 7, 2019 - Biometrics instruction letter
June 11, 2019 - Biometrics collection
June 19, 2019 - Passed medical exam
June 24, 2019 - refusal letter sent by my Visa consultant. But the letter is dated june 20, 2019

I am sorry to hear that,
Didn't u pay for one year fees to meet sds eligibility requirement?

Sarthak7295

Apr 26, 2019
Guys i received my student acknowledge today....but i am unable to link my account with application number and uci... i applied offline...plss hlp

Puneetpunya2007

Jun 24, 2019
I applied study permit on 12th june under sds
Biomatric info letter 14th june
Biomatric updated on same day on gc key
No update after that
When should i expect the result?

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
I am sorry to hear that,
Didn't u pay for one year fees to meet sds eligibility requirement?
Yes i have, i submitted all the requirements for SDS.
Here is my reason for refusal:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

VaishOptimistic

Jun 19, 2019
Yes i have, i submitted all the requirements for SDS.
Here is my reason for refusal:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I think the reason for refusal would be either ur sop is not strong to justify why u intend to study the course u have chosen or if u have chosen some different program which doesn't relate with the educational background u had prior

U also should justify that u will get back to ur home country after studies

Reactions: perlita1990

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
I think the reason for refusal would be either ur sop is not strong to justify why u intend to study the course u have chosen or if u have chosen some different program which doesn't relate with the educational background u had prior

U also should justify that u will get back to ur home country after studies
Yeah, that’s what I think too. Although, i was kind of confident already about my SOP. Checking possible options on how to reapply.

Reactions: VaishOptimistic

Maniparmar777

Apr 23, 2018
Hello everyone,
I am very concerned as I have applied for the student SDS visa on paper on May 8, 2019, at VFS Jalandhar and submitted the Biometric along with it.
I did give upfront medical before application. Till now only my background check is under process and medical passed on 9 May. Other than that I just got 2 acknowledgment letters one on 22 May and 2nd on 5 June. After that I got nothing and I am deeply concerned.
I also wrote to them through Webform last Thursday but they replied today that Application is under review.
Can anyone help me in the sitiuation?

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
They started reviewing the application about a week after I submitted. I live in Zambia but we don’t have a VAC here so I had to go to Tanzania to do my biometrics and I guess that’s where my application is being processed from. Zambia processing time is 5 weeks but Tanzania is 9 weeks so I get it now.

You said you submitted yours May 14th? Have you gotten any correspondence ever since? Medicals done?
Yes, May 14th. We've just gotten two acknowledgement emails that are computer generated. One at 2 weeks and one at 4 weeks. We did not do medical upfront, so waiting for the request. Sent in a web form to enquire, but no response.

VaishOptimistic

Jun 19, 2019
Yeah, that’s what I think too. Although, i was kind of confident already about my SOP. Checking possible options on how to reapply.

Yes u need to reply with strong sop,
Don't go with the same consultantancy u have approached prior.. Either do it urself or contact IDP... They will definitely help u... Good luck :)

kv97

May 18, 2019
hey guys heres my timeline,

- April 9th Applied through vfs in Qatar.
- May 29th Linked application on GCKey
- June 4th got requested for medical
- June 9th passed medical.

After that they haven't updated anything, could anyone help in telling me how it looks so far? Also i heard that if they request for your medical its a good sign, is there any truth to this?

VaishOptimistic

Jun 19, 2019
Hello everyone,
I am very concerned as I have applied for the student SDS visa on paper on May 8, 2019, at VFS Jalandhar and submitted the Biometric along with it.
I did give upfront medical before application. Till now only my background check is under process and medical passed on 9 May. Other than that I just got 2 acknowledgment letters one on 22 May and 2nd on 5 June. After that I got nothing and I am deeply concerned.
I also wrote to them through Webform last Thursday but they replied today that Application is under review.
Can anyone help me in the sitiuation?

Same here too
I have applied on June 1st
Medicals passed on June 12th
Except the update we r processing background check nothing else has got changed.... Even elegilibitiy review has not started... It's 20th day now since I have applied