+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa refused from Nairobi

faythebest

May 1, 2016
Hello all. I applied for the student visa few weeks ago online. My status was updated last week as "Refused". The explanation was:
You have not convinced me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay. To arrive in this decision, I look into account several factors, including the following:

- Previous trips
- The reason of your visit
- Your financial situation and your personal property

It is true I didn't provide them a proof of my previous trips that I had in Tanzania, Rwanda and India. But the reason of the visit is of course for studies. They don't see it on the form?? And about the financial situation, I did show them the house property and business of my father and my uncle and aunt who live in Toronto will be sponsoring me. Do you think the office made a mistake? He thought I was applying for visitor visa?

I live in Burundi with Indian nationality.

Do you think I should call them in Nairobi to find more details? Or fly to Nairobi and talk to someone there? Or will I have to re-apply?

Than you very much for your help

hayqinsb

Jun 13, 2015
you will have to reapply..

it seem the problem is with the choice of course and program.....could you share your overall educational profile and the program you are going for so as to be better advised before you reapply
faythebest said:
Hello all. I applied for the student visa few weeks ago online. My status was updated last week as "Refused". The explanation was:
You have not convinced me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay. To arrive in this decision, I look into account several factors, including the following:

- Previous trips
- The reason of your visit
- Your financial situation and your personal property

It is true I didn't provide them a proof of my previous trips that I had in Tanzania, Rwanda and India. But the reason of the visit is of course for studies. They don't see it on the form?? And about the financial situation, I did show them the house property and business of my father and my uncle and aunt who live in Toronto will be sponsoring me. Do you think the office made a mistake? He thought I was applying for visitor visa?

I live in Burundi with Indian nationality.

Do you think I should call them in Nairobi to find more details? Or fly to Nairobi and talk to someone there? Or will I have to re-apply?

Than you very much for your help

faythebest

May 1, 2016
Thank you for your reply. I just graduated from French High school in Burundi. Applied at College Boreal (French college in Toronto) for social service and technical health care. It is a 3 years diploma program.

Hope it is helpful

Best