Student visa after education gap of 13+ years

wayneleung

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Hi all,

May I have your advice? My background is:

Degree: computer science
Master: IT education

worked for over 10 years in higher education in teaching IT (noc 4011) and changed job to university admission officer (noc 1221)

i am planning to do a master in IS security / digital marketing / tech entrepreneurship in canada.

do you think my chance to get a study permit is high? thank you very much.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

May I have your advice? My background is:

Degree: computer science
Master: IT education

worked for over 10 years in higher education in teaching IT (noc 4011) and changed job to university admission officer (noc 1221)

i am planning to do a master in IS security / digital marketing / tech entrepreneurship in canada.

do you think my chance to get a study permit is high? thank you very much.
Would imagine getting into an IS security program would be quite difficult. Given your age, your time since you finished your education and the fact that you've tried to immigrate you'll have difficulty proving that you are a genuine student. If you get into these very competitive programs your chance is better but you will have to have a pretty convincing SOP.

Reactions: wayneleung

wayneleung

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Would imagine getting into an IS security program would be quite difficult. Given your age, your time since you finished your education and the fact that you've tried to immigrate you'll have difficulty proving that you are a genuine student. If you get into these very competitive programs your chance is better but you will have to have a pretty convincing SOP.
that's true.
really headache....

monicapowlin

Mar 5, 2020
Hi All,

I need a genuine suggestion.My Husband is planning to do International Business course (2YRS course) in Canada, but he is having 11 years gap after his studies and he is having banking experience in the gap of 11 years .His Age is 36 years .He is planning for higher studies now .Is it possible to get student visa after this many years gap.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I need a genuine suggestion.My Husband is planning to do International Business course (2YRS course) in Canada, but he is having 11 years gap after his studies and he is having banking experience in the gap of 11 years .His Age is 36 years .He is planning for higher studies now .Is it possible to get student visa after this many years gap.
If he is doing a college course unlikely. If he doing a masters or PhD much more likely.

Rich11chd

Aug 24, 2020
I am in Newfoundland but it doesn't really matter. The longer the gap, the stronger the application needs to be
Hello sir. could you please share any SOP format if you have. I have done bachelors and since then working but had no gap in work, had gap in study for 18 years. I am trying to apply for canada in masters or post bach diploma. Also, please share what are the documents required to make the case stronger. If you could share SOP, that would be highly helpful for all of us. Thank you, Best Regards