+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after education gap of 13+ years

Amit Mehta

Oct 6, 2017
Hi Everyone...
I have query regarding above mentioned subject...

1. I scored 8/9 in IELTS
2. 71% at 10+2 school level
3. 44% in B.Com (Pass) - 3 year degree (Graduated in 2001)
4. 70% in MBA - 2 year diploma (Regular from IACAR from Mumbai in 2004)
5. I have been working since 2004 (13+ years)

Never had any backlogs or gap in education and worked ever since I completed my education.

Is it possible to apply for student visa if i want to pursue my MBA from University of Alberta or any other university...

Pls advice...

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I would imagine if you have an MBA and you try to get another MBA in the same subject, they would question that. The reason that you are doing it just to get points would not really be valid. Go for a different subject then you may get a more favorable result. I recently completed a Diploma after being out of education since 1986, so I don't think the time gap would be a problem

Amit Mehta

Oct 6, 2017
I would imagine if you have an MBA and you try to get another MBA in the same subject, they would question that. The reason that you are doing it just to get points would not really be valid. Go for a different subject then you may get a more favorable result. I recently completed a Diploma after being out of education since 1986, so I don't think the time gap would be a problem
The institute from where i did MBA is not affiliated... and closed there after 4 years... So i am from advertising background and running my own agency from 7 years so to enhance knowledge you can say. . . :) thought of doing this. . .
what you say... visa officer will take this in positive way or not... or otherwise please suggest...
sorry to say but how come they gave you student visa.... everyone is saying its not possible atall...

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I would say if you have been running an agency for 7 years and want to do an MBA in Advertising, they will reject it, mainly because you already have an MBA for Advertising and you are proficient in the subject. But I am not an expert.

I done a Diploma in IT. I had funds to support myself for the full 2 years and more and I am from the UK. (Oh and the college was a designated learning Institute),. Make sure wherever you apply to is designated and has a DLI number on the website.

bmwguy

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
hello i have a gap of 5yrs due to me being pregnant and having child is this a vaild reason?

Subhajit91

Oct 21, 2017
Hi guys,

Below is my profile.

10th : 79%
12th : 89%
B-Tech in ECE : 77% with no backlogs.
Passed out year 2013.
Have 4 years of experience in IT Field in Networking, got an admit from Lampton college in computer science and database development. Already paid GIC and will be paying semester fee soon.

Got overall band 7 in IELTS with no band less than 6.

Kindly let me know the chances of visa.

Surag

Jan 10, 2018
Hi # Russ6970,
I would like to know is education gap will be a problem in getting study visa , i have done mechanical engineering and passed out in 2005 , so my query is since i have a gap of more than 13 years will it will a problem in getting study visa . Can you please advice .

Thanks
Suraj

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Most colleges will accept you with a study gap, if you have strong SOP, good finances, family ties to your home country and the course you are taking is a relevant career progression.

Reactions: Aesopzai and vindin

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
Most colleges will accept you with a study gap, if you have strong SOP, good finances, family ties to your home country and the course you are taking is a relevant career progression.
Thank You...