+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after 8 years gap

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
Hello Friends,

I have an uplifting news for the individuals who have long education gap. I just got my stage one approval a week ago. I have been following up
this forum continuously from last 7-8 months and I have learnt numerous thing from here ,so today I chose to share my experience with the goal that it could help other people who are in dilemma that they will get study grant after a long gap or not
Unquestionably GAP isn't an issue , you simply need to portrait your self to Visa officer in SOP that this course is going to transform you and will open up bunches of opportunities for you. You just have to justify your gap and i believe for experienced folks its very easy to justify.
Below is my profile.
10TH & 12TH : 87%
B Tech (Chemical engineering) : 2008 pass out (75%)
Working in a multi national company : Experience 12 years (India)
Opted for Master's degree one year program.
Visa filed on 22 May 2020
Got AIP (Fist phase approval 17 Aug 2020)
Non SDS

You simply need to do some homework from your end and underneath are the points and what I did before applying for visa so I can make my application more grounded
1 - Attempt to go for a further extent then what you have at the present time. ( I have Bachelors degree so I intended to go for master's degree).
2 - If you have more than 6 years of experience try to select a course which is related to your work experience, so that it will be easier for you to explain in SOP.
3 - Attempt to show your accomplishments, grants and scholarships in 4-5 lines.
4 - Briefly elaborate your work , attempt to relate your work with your course and include any great turns of phrase.
5 - Try not to go to any consultant in light of the fact that at very first movement point they will reveal to you that as a result of GAP your odds are extremely less and afterward then will attempt to persuade you
to set off for college for a certificate where they bring in some cash after you join that school. Attempt to look on google get the educational list and find you appropriate course and that collage / University should be under DLI list and i telling you Canada's education process is very transparent and easy to apply . I did every thing myself.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

6 - Attempt to file visa yourself trust me its extremely simple and you are the person who knows and can do the best for yourself.
If you will do it through consultant at that point they won't center more around you as they probably am aware your changes are less compared to others having less gap.

7- Sop : it should be crisp and clear , attempt to put header on head of each paragraph ( Mine sop is of 2 pages and I utilized the header to clarify about myself)
The following is the arrangement of my SOP ( Please dont ask me to send SOP as i have personal information in that and i cannot share it with anyone, hope everyone will understand) , below is the arrangement of my SOP.

- Introduction : Small intro about yourself
- ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND: In this para try to highlight your achievements in few line and focus more on your work experience , technology used and try to relate it with you course
- FUNDS AVAILABLE: Just tell the approximate figure in CAD
- WHY CANADA? Explain why you have chosen Canada for further studies
- WHY ? UNIVERSITY & REASONS FOR CHOOSING MASTERS IN ? clarify why u have chosen this college ( brief them about college and a few subjects you like in that course and how it's gonna benefit you in your career)
- FUTURE PLANS: Mention to them what you will do after this course and how the job market is widely open in your home country for you after finishing this course.
- CONCLUSION:

8 - Remember most imp part in SOP is to relate your work experience (if you are have long gap) with your education and what you will accomplish after finishing it.
likewise, how this will benefit you in your future at long last yet not least what is the expansion and openings for work in your home country.
(dont mention i will go back to my home country bla bla , simply educate them regarding the activity opportunities in you sharpen nation and you intend to develop in the organization)
9 - Try to provide as many documents as you can .Make sure Visa officer should not get confused with any document so if you have more documents in a single file try to put table of content on the first page. ( i was having 12-13 docs in Financial proof PDF and 19-20 docs in client information PDF)

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Document Type | Page no
Financial Support Letter 1
Letter from Bank - ? (self/spouse) 2

Funds (Try to show latest twice your education fee) : I applied through Non - SDS
: Financial Support Letter (if your spouse works)
: Spouse employment letter
: Show bank statement for last 4 month with bank stamp on it.(self and spouse)
: Get a letter from bank which states about you fund in CAD and your last 4 month Avg balance in CAD. (self and spouse)
: Pay slips (self and spouse)
: Income tax return (self and spouse).

Other documents :
: Sop
: IELTS Score (Mine was 8)
: Current Employment offer letter ( If your working right now)
: Transcript
: All mark-sheets (10 & 12 ,graduation and Degree)
: Marriage certificate (if married)
: certifications
: All previous experience letters

So folks trust me anybody can do it these means on his own simply have confidence in yourself and don't permit consultants to pass judgment on you or send you negative waves and be straightforward in SOP and I am 100% certain you will get what you need. (Same thing happened to me and after that i just listened to my heart and decided to do everything myself, there are lots of kind people in this form who will help you whenever you have any concerns)

Good luck to everyone and keep helping others in this forum. This is all what I have encountered up until this point.

For those who have EE profile , dont worry even i have one but i withdrew it before applying SP (Just to be on safer side).

**one more point my education is in different platform compared to my professional career (B.tech in chemical engineering and Work exp in Software industry so i worked on my SOP and attempted to relate my involvement in selected course.
i have done bachelor in commerce in 2009. ielts 7 and 3 time refuse latest got from cape Breton 2 year pg and i have exp of business development manager ,where should i reapply ,ucw mba or quebec herzing college or anywhere else any1 can help?? but i got refusal three times

Panku Trehan

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
i have done bachelor in commerce in 2009. ielts 7 and 3 time refuse latest got from cape Breton 2 year pg and i have exp of business development manager ,where should i reapply ,ucw mba or quebec herzing college or anywhere else any1 can help?? but i got refusal three times
Complete profile with percentage and which course?? u applied in same uni or course everytime??

Jinit

Jan 4, 2019
Hello Friends,

I have an uplifting news for the individuals who have long education gap. I just got my stage one approval a week ago. I have been following up
this forum continuously from last 7-8 months and I have learnt numerous thing from here ,so today I chose to share my experience with the goal that it could help other people who are in dilemma that they will get study grant after a long gap or not
Unquestionably GAP isn't an issue , you simply need to portrait your self to Visa officer in SOP that this course is going to transform you and will open up bunches of opportunities for you. You just have to justify your gap and i believe for experienced folks its very easy to justify.
Below is my profile.
Non SDS

You simply need to do some homework from your end and underneath are the points and what I did before applying for visa so I can make my application more grounded
1 - Attempt to go for a further extent then what you have at the present time. ( I have Bachelors degree so I intended to go for master's degree).
2 - If you have more than 6 years of experience try to select a course which is related to your work experience, so that it will be easier for you to explain in SOP.
4 - Briefly elaborate your work , attempt to relate your work with your course and include any great turns of phrase.
5 - Try not to go to any consultant in light of the fact that at very first movement point they will reveal to you that as a result of GAP your odds are extremely less and afterward then will attempt to persuade you
to set off for college for a certificate where they bring in some cash after you join that school. Attempt to look on google get the educational list and find you appropriate course and that collage / University should be under DLI list and i telling you Canada's education process is very transparent and easy to apply . I did every thing myself.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

6 - Attempt to file visa yourself trust me its extremely simple and you are the person who knows and can do the best for yourself.
If you will do it through consultant at that point they won't center more around you as they probably am aware your changes are less compared to others having less gap.

7- Sop : it should be crisp and clear , attempt to put header on head of each paragraph ( Mine sop is of 2 pages and I utilized the header to clarify about myself)
The following is the arrangement of my SOP ( Please dont ask me to send SOP as i have personal information in that and i cannot share it with anyone, hope everyone will understand) , below is the arrangement of my SOP.

- ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND: In this para try to highlight your achievements in few line and focus more on your work experience , technology used and try to relate it with you course
- WHY ? UNIVERSITY & REASONS FOR CHOOSING MASTERS IN ? clarify why u have chosen this college ( brief them about college and a few subjects you like in that course and how it's gonna benefit you in your career)
- FUTURE PLANS: Mention to them what you will do after this course and how the job market is widely open in your home country for you after finishing this course.
- CONCLUSION:

8 - Remember most imp part in SOP is to relate your work experience (if you are have long gap) with your education and what you will accomplish after finishing it.
likewise, how this will benefit you in your future at long last yet not least what is the expansion and openings for work in your home country.
(dont mention i will go back to my home country bla bla , simply educate them regarding the activity opportunities in you sharpen nation and you intend to develop in the organization)
9 - Try to provide as many documents as you can .Make sure Visa officer should not get confused with any document so if you have more documents in a single file try to put table of content on the first page. ( i was having 12-13 docs in Financial proof PDF and 19-20 docs in client information PDF)

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Document Type | Page no

Funds (Try to show latest twice your education fee) : I applied through Non - SDS
: Get a letter from bank which states about you fund in CAD and your last 4 month Avg balance in CAD. (self and spouse)

Other documents :

So folks trust me anybody can do it these means on his own simply have confidence in yourself and don't permit consultants to pass judgment on you or send you negative waves and be straightforward in SOP and I am 100% certain you will get what you need. (Same thing happened to me and after that i just listened to my heart and decided to do everything myself, there are lots of kind people in this form who will help you whenever you have any concerns)

Good luck to everyone and keep helping others in this forum. This is all what I have encountered up until this point.

For those who have EE profile , dont worry even i have one but i withdrew it before applying SP (Just to be on safer side).

**one more point my education is in different platform compared to my professional career (B.tech in chemical engineering and Work exp in Software industry so i worked on my SOP and attempted to relate my involvement in selected course.
Thank you for sharing specific and detailed experience.

zahraeii

Sep 9, 2020
Hi there
I have read all your advice and thank you for your help but anyway I need to recheck my condition by you.
Actually one of my friend has studied a bachelor's in mechanical engineering and MBA for Master. He wants to apply for Canada via an Educational visa.
but as all know he has to don't say anything about his master so if he wants to show his bachelor there is 5 years gap between his bachelor and now.so he wants to speak about four years of experience that he has during these years that related to sales and marketing. Also, he passed many courses at the institute about this field.
My question is: will his visa accepted if he shows his experiences this years and these courses that he passed in some institute?
Also, his IELTS score is 7
and he wants to study MBA in Canada that related to his four years experiences
He has a good amount of money in his bank during these months

sahil2585

Jun 16, 2020
Hi.. I last applied for study visa in 2014 and vo rejected my application. Now, again m trying to apply for study visa. I did my graduation in the year 2003 and now I want do my mba. I have 14-15 years of study gap. I am married with one daughter. Will my visa be accepted ?

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi.. I last applied for study visa in 2014 and vo rejected my application. Now, again m trying to apply for study visa. I did my graduation in the year 2003 and now I want do my mba. I have 14-15 years of study gap. I am married with one daughter. Will my visa be accepted ?
It would really depend on your overall profile. For example, if in your gap you obtained a relevant work experience then that may help justify why your pursuing an MBA now (e.g. for career progression etc.). Also, advisable to get the gcms notes of your previous refusal to get the exact details and be able to address the points raised by the vo.

tausif_asif

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Please advise.
I had my
B.com in 2008 (2 yrs)
Mba in 2012 (2 yrs)
Working from 2010 till now (some gap in job)
My current study is of 16 yrs and I want to upgrade to 18 yrs..
Can I have MBA again to make it 18 yrs or do have to enroll other 18 yrs program??

tarun.patel

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Anyone here applied study permit for canada based on duolingo english test?
My score is 125 which is equivalent to 7.5 bands in IELTS.
Thanks in advance.

ukankit

Oct 2, 2019
Hey guys.
I am also having the same scenario like others. I do have an academic gap of 8 years after completing my MBA (General) from U.K. I am currently working as an A.m in a real estate company. Now, I am seeking to do a Graduate certificate in Project Management which is also my company's demand if I want to switch to different department to attain a senior level position. I have made a selective list of colleges that I would like to apply.
1. Centennial
2. Fanshawe
3. Humber
4. Georgian
5. Cambrian
6. St. Lawrence
7. Conestoga

If any knows about the above mentioned colleges please revert.
And, I also request other members to share there list of colleges which do accept the academic gap of more than 5 years. Likewise, I mentioned that Durham do not accept application of people having gap of more than 5 years. I am still waiting for a response from the colleges. I will update here which colleges do accept and which don't.
Thanks

Last edited:

ukankit

Oct 2, 2019
Hey All! My Study Permit/Visa is approved.. Got a request to submit the passport last night..14years education gap- 12 years experience and at the age of 35 i made it.. If i can with all the complications, u all can too. All the best

Applied on 13th April 2018 for May intake, deferred it for September. Webform/Case specific Enquiry and Email to Delhi Embassy sent on 19th July'2018. Approved on 20th July' 2018.

All the best.. Never ever give up. Like i always say age is just a number.
Hi Rhinda
hope u r doing well
In the forum u mentioned that u took counselling from Santa Monica. Could u plz tell how much was the gap in ur case and what colleges did Santa Monica suggested to u and the course details? Thanks

EmJ_BLR

Dec 31, 2020
Hello Friends,

Below is my profile.
Non SDS

- CONCLUSION:

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Document Type | Page no

Other documents :

Hi @Ryerson2020 ,
Do we need to notarize the work exp. letters/marksheets? OR just the color scanned copy of originals will do?
Can we also attach our resume to highlight any key points/skills ?

Thanks.

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Hi @Ryerson2020 ,
Do we need to notarize the work exp. letters/marksheets? OR just the color scanned copy of originals will do?
Can we also attach our resume to highlight any key points/skills ?

Thanks.
no you dont need to notarize the documents just colored scan is good enough. I would prefer not at attach any resume better to explain everything in SOP.

Reactions: EmJ_BLR

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hey guys.
I am also having the same scenario like others. I do have an academic gap of 8 years after completing my MBA (General) from U.K. I am currently working as an A.m in a real estate company. Now, I am seeking to do a Graduate certificate in Project Management which is also my company's demand if I want to switch to different department to attain a senior level position. I have made a selective list of colleges that I would like to apply.
1. Centennial
2. Fanshawe
3. Humber
4. Georgian
5. Cambrian
6. St. Lawrence
7. Conestoga

If any knows about the above mentioned colleges please revert.
And, I also request other members to share there list of colleges which do accept the academic gap of more than 5 years. Likewise, I mentioned that Durham do not accept application of people having gap of more than 5 years. I am still waiting for a response from the colleges. I will update here which colleges do accept and which don't.
Thanks
Hii, were you able to get the acceptance with the age gap?