+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after 8 years gap

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
I received this email on 17 so hopefully i will receive email either approval or refusal befoe 16 Dec. But i am very surprised its 2 weeks now and nothing chaged in my GCKEY profile status. Normally i seen people here who requested for reconsideration and they received decision in one week.

Amy Paul

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Oh so you mean they will take a min of 30 days for a review.
I received this email on 17 so hopefully i will receive email either approval or refusal befoe 16 Dec. But i am very surprised its 2 weeks now and nothing chaged in my GCKEY profile status. Normally i seen people here who requested for reconsideration and they received decision in one week.
Yes but these days when the review begins they finalise the result quickly like within 1-2 weeks or even the same day. The only prob is the delay in starting to review so maybe by last week of the 30 days they will pick your file.

n@bz

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Any updates on your reconsideration request?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria

Hello Greeny786,

Sorry to read about the outcome of your application. If you file for reconsideration and don't receive further instruction from IRCC within 10 days, consider saving time and start repackaging your application again.

– JS

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Hello Greeny786,

Sorry to read about the outcome of your application. If you file for reconsideration and don't receive further instruction from IRCC within 10 days, consider saving time and start repackaging your application again.

– JS
Already submitted new application day before receiving receiving reconsideration email on 17th and i had submitted new application on 16 Nov

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Already submitted new application day before receiving receiving reconsideration email on 17th and i had submitted new application on 16 Nov
But its mentioned email what means last line ........Your request will be reviewed within 30 days of this email, If the Migration Officer determines the decision was rendered with no error in fact, law, or procedural fairness, this message will serve as notification of the review and you will receive a reply to this effect.

Reactions: Johnsnow 007

harinikumar

Sep 27, 2018
Hi Friends, I am new to the forum and I have queries regarding the study gap. I have completed my U.G in 2007 and since then working (intermediate break of 6 years which can be justified) and planning to apply for Sep 2022 intake. However, I am noticing from the forum threads that colleges do not accept study gap of more than 5 years. Is it true? I have applied for M.Eng in University of Calgary but haven't heard from them yet. Any other suggestions?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi Friends, I am new to the forum and I have queries regarding the study gap. I have completed my U.G in 2007 and since then working (intermediate break of 6 years which can be justified) and planning to apply for Sep 2022 intake. However, I am noticing from the forum threads that colleges do not accept study gap of more than 5 years. Is it true? I have applied for M.Eng in University of Calgary but haven't heard from them yet. Any other suggestions?
As long as you can justify the gap and make a solid SOP. I got my study visa with 13 years of gap [ however I Had continuous employment during that period of time across countries]. All the best

harinikumar

Sep 27, 2018
As long as you can justify the gap and make a solid SOP. I got my study visa with 13 years of gap [ however I Had continuous employment during that period of time across countries]. All the best
Great! Thanks! But the problem is not with the study visa. Will the college itself accept a huge gap?