+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Story: Age 34. Already have MBA. June Applicant.

NIRAJ1986

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hello everyone.

I have been a silent viewer of this great blog since last Sept. I would like to share my story now. I will try to make it up to the point and answer the questions in the story itself.

My profile:

Educational background: BSC (Comp Science) & MBA (GENERAL)

Last education was done in 2014

So can say I have 6+ years of gap. But have been working with a multinational bank since 2015

Most people recommended that Canada is a way out of my league.

But it was my dream/passion to move to Canada.

Applied to plenty of colleges after my IELTS that I took last Sept-2019. But since I had 12 backlogs (reattempts) during my bachelor’s I was not accepted. Finally, one fine day I got accepted in Seneca’s one year PG Diploma for SEPT-20 intake. I know after MBA a PG diploma sounds a bit downgrading, but I couldn’t afford a master’s degree.

I started my procedure of getting my fees paid, upfront medicals and GIC. Had it all done by Feb and first week of March. But then the wrecked corona effect took place and everything started to go south on me, on everyone. So fast forward to my visa application, with so many doubts and little clarifications from IRCC took the leap of faith and applied on 10th JUNE 2020.

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity I got my AIP on 15 SEP 2020.

So just thought of sharing my joy and my story with you people.

For all the people who are aged 30 or above considering if they should take a chance or not; I would just like to an example for them. Just believe in yourself and your profile, your skills and take a leap of faith. If you don’t even now, you will be spending years just wondering if you should or if you shouldn’t and believe me that is what I did for the last 4 years.

So all the very best for those of you who are still waiting for their AIP’s and congratulations to those who got it.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Congratulation. You do know that you haven’t been approved for a study permit. You have only received an AIP which means your documents are in order. You still may be refused and many people are being refused after receiving an AIP.

Reactions: primaprime

NIRAJ1986

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Congratulation. You do know that you haven’t been approved for a study permit. You have only received an AIP which means your documents are in order. You still may be refused and many people are being refused after receiving an AIP.
Thanks. Very much aware of those facts. Lets see what happens next.

Last edited:

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hello everyone.

I have been a silent viewer of this great blog since last Sept. I would like to share my story now. I will try to make it up to the point and answer the questions in the story itself.

My profile:

So can say I have 6+ years of gap. But have been working with a multinational bank since 2015

Applied to plenty of colleges after my IELTS that I took last Sept-2019. But since I had 12 backlogs (reattempts) during my bachelor’s I was not accepted. Finally, one fine day I got accepted in Seneca’s one year PG Diploma for SEPT-20 intake. I know after MBA a PG diploma sounds a bit downgrading, but I couldn’t afford a master’s degree.

I started my procedure of getting my fees paid, upfront medicals and GIC. Had it all done by Feb and first week of March. But then the wrecked corona effect took place and everything started to go south on me, on everyone. So fast forward to my visa application, with so many doubts and little clarifications from IRCC took the leap of faith and applied on 10th JUNE 2020.

For all the people who are aged 30 or above considering if they should take a chance or not; I would just like to an example for them. Just believe in yourself and your profile, your skills and take a leap of faith. If you don’t even now, you will be spending years just wondering if you should or if you shouldn’t and believe me that is what I did for the last 4 years.

So all the very best for those of you who are still waiting for their AIP’s and congratulations to those who got it.

Thanks
I agree and I can very much relate to this. It is never too late..it will only be too late when you believe it is

Reactions: NIRAJ1986

Cagyei

Jul 28, 2020
Please you said you have general MBA, which course did u apply after for. I'm asking this because I have General MBA too and wish to study post graduate certificate in Canada as well

NIRAJ1986

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Please you said you have general MBA, which course did u apply after for. I'm asking this because I have General MBA too and wish to study post graduate certificate in Canada as well
I applied for PG diploma in financial planning in Seneca College. You should apply to the course that's relevant to your work experience. I have been working in banking industry for the past 6 years so that was very much relevant.

Cagyei

Jul 28, 2020
I applied for PG diploma in financial planning in Seneca College. You should apply to the course that's relevant to your work experience. I have been working in banking industry for the past 6 years so that was very much relevant.

Wow thus great, I have also apply for international business since I have a registered operating business in my country even I have a general MBA already

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
Hello everyone.

My profile:

Thanks
can we connect ,,,if u could give sm help