+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after 8 years gap

tarun.patel

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Hey guys.
I am also having the same scenario like others. I do have an academic gap of 8 years after completing my MBA (General) from U.K. I am currently working as an A.m in a real estate company. Now, I am seeking to do a Graduate certificate in Project Management which is also my company's demand if I want to switch to different department to attain a senior level position. I have made a selective list of colleges that I would like to apply.
1. Centennial
2. Fanshawe
3. Humber
4. Georgian
5. Cambrian
6. St. Lawrence
7. Conestoga

If any knows about the above mentioned colleges please revert.
And, I also request other members to share there list of colleges which do accept the academic gap of more than 5 years. Likewise, I mentioned that Durham do not accept application of people having gap of more than 5 years. I am still waiting for a response from the colleges. I will update here which colleges do accept and which don't.
Thanks
you should go with University rather than college

phola

Jan 31, 2021
Hi All,

I passed my 12th standard with 60% in 2014 after that same year my father had a heart attack due to which i have to leave the studies and stay at home to take care of him for an year or so.

in 2015 i prepared myself for frontend developer by taking courses in udemy and joined a company in feb 2017.

Now i want to pursue a undergraduate diploma degree in Mobile and web design and development which is relevant to my current working field as frontend developer.

Work Experience :- 4 years.
Gap : 7 Years

Can i apply for Student visa? Will they consider my father's heath condition a valid reason?

Please do reply.

Thanks.

Reactions: Taniadas786

Taniadas786

Nov 24, 2020
Hi All,

I passed my 12th standard with 60% in 2014 after that same year my father had a heart attack due to which i have to leave the studies and stay at home to take care of him for an year or so.

in 2015 i prepared myself for frontend developer by taking courses in udemy and joined a company in feb 2017.

Now i want to pursue a undergraduate diploma degree in Mobile and web design and development which is relevant to my current working field as frontend developer.

Work Experience :- 4 years.
Gap : 7 Years

Can i apply for Student visa? Will they consider my father's heath condition a valid reason?

Please do reply.

Thanks.
I am also having the same issue. I have a gap from my 12th till my graduation. Due to financial issues and health issue of my parent, I was unable to pursue my degree immediately post my 12th. I have been working since 2009 till date. Completed my Grads in 2017. Below is my details.

10th - 2004 - 65%
12 - 2006 - 70%
BA - 2017 - 65.33%
Work experience - 2009 till date
IELTS - Band 8
Planning for next year intake for Project Management.

Any guidance and suggestions will be helpful.

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
I am also having the same issue. I have a gap from my 12th till my graduation. Due to financial issues and health issue of my parent, I was unable to pursue my degree immediately post my 12th. I have been working since 2009 till date. Completed my Grads in 2017. Below is my details.

10th - 2004 - 65%
12 - 2006 - 70%
BA - 2017 - 65.33%
Work experience - 2009 till date
IELTS - Band 8
Planning for next year intake for Project Management.

Any guidance and suggestions will be helpful.
if you can justify your gap then that's not an issue.

Reactions: Taniadas786
Nov 17, 2020
Hey guys
Just wanna share my experience. I too have 10 years of study gap (experience) i applied study visa in October 2016 rejected. The caips note reason was large study gap not a bonafied student n will not depart canada. However i have applied again on 12th june with strong SOP. I will update u. But u must try n convince the VO as suggested by Ketan. I know people who have got visa after long study gap.
Hi,

It would be a great help if you could share your SOP with me. I am also having a study gap almost 10 years.

Reactions: dankboi

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Could you please share with me your sop St
Shahid_1111@yahoo.com
Sorry, I don’t have it anymore because I left my old desktop computer at home back in the Philippines. SOP is really easy to write. Think of it as your writing module in IELTS. Start with an introduction, then followed by the main body and finished with a conclusion. Its basically telling your story to the VO. Why did you decide to study in a foreign country, particularly Canada? How is that program related to your previous study or current work experience (program of study must be a progression). How is that program going to help you with your career when you go back to your home country? Are there better opportunities for you back in your home country once you finish your program? What ties you back to your home country? These are what you need to adress in your SOP.

Be truthful. Don’t overdo it. Keep it simple. The shorter your SOP the better. Just like your IELTS writing module, you lose points if below the minimum or above the maximum. Ideally, a 1 whole page of SOP should be your guide. Less than that, you may not have explained your thoughts effectively. More than two pages, looks like you cannot gather your thoughts to explain what you want. But then, these are just suggestions. Some applicants were able to secure an approval with a 12+ page SOP. Every case is different.

Sony2021

May 25, 2021
Hi guys,

I did B.Tech(73% - 2013) and M.Tech(82% - 2015) CSE in India. I have 5+ years of IT experience. Now I would like to apply for Canada student visa for Masters in IT. I have below queries:
1. I would like to choose University rather than college. Can I apply for Masters again as I did Masters already in India? or do I need to choose PG diploma course? Which is the best option?
2. Can I apply for Masters with higher education as B.Tech? there is 8 years gap with this.
Kindly suggest about getting VISA for above two cases.

Shelly@123

Jan 10, 2020
10th ICSE (2007)

12th ISC (2009)

Diploma in Medical Lab Technician (2009-2010)

But agent did not show this. Instead he said in sop that i was preparing for my PPMET nursing exam

B. Sc Medical(2010-Sept 2013)

Then gave IELTS in feb 2014

Applied for sept 2014 intake at lambton for healthcare leadership

Got refusal on the basis low ielts, academic and gap in aug 2014

Again reapplied for Jan 2015

Refused again on the basis course mismatched on 7 oct 2014

Then 16/4/2016 joined as HR assistant and promoted as HR manager in Aug 2017 and left job on 30/4/2018 as a HR Manager from a hospital. Bank copy with hospital name is with me as a proof.

Then joined another hospital as a HR manager on 8/5/18 to till date working there

Salary in account

PTE done valid till 5/9/21

L 75

R 75

S 90

W 69

O 76

From previous documents i have only a xerox copy of sop that they used for the second time

Also mba from manav bharti university we are not going to show 2014-2016

Now please tell how to cover the gap from aug or oct 2014 to march 2016
Also i went to Australia on visitor visa for 13 days in july 2019 though my visa was valid for 1 year which got expired in may 2020

Now can anyone suggest whether i should apply for canada study permit again

Reactions: Pratibha Kesarwani

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
Hello Friends,

I have an uplifting news for the individuals who have long education gap. I just got my stage one approval a week ago. I have been following up
this forum continuously from last 7-8 months and I have learnt numerous thing from here ,so today I chose to share my experience with the goal that it could help other people who are in dilemma that they will get study grant after a long gap or not
Unquestionably GAP isn't an issue , you simply need to portrait your self to Visa officer in SOP that this course is going to transform you and will open up bunches of opportunities for you. You just have to justify your gap and i believe for experienced folks its very easy to justify.
Below is my profile.
10TH & 12TH : 87%
B Tech (Chemical engineering) : 2008 pass out (75%)
Working in a multi national company : Experience 12 years (India)
Opted for Master's degree one year program.
Visa filed on 22 May 2020
Got AIP (Fist phase approval 17 Aug 2020)
Non SDS

You simply need to do some homework from your end and underneath are the points and what I did before applying for visa so I can make my application more grounded
1 - Attempt to go for a further extent then what you have at the present time. ( I have Bachelors degree so I intended to go for master's degree).
2 - If you have more than 6 years of experience try to select a course which is related to your work experience, so that it will be easier for you to explain in SOP.
3 - Attempt to show your accomplishments, grants and scholarships in 4-5 lines.
4 - Briefly elaborate your work , attempt to relate your work with your course and include any great turns of phrase.
5 - Try not to go to any consultant in light of the fact that at very first movement point they will reveal to you that as a result of GAP your odds are extremely less and afterward then will attempt to persuade you
to set off for college for a certificate where they bring in some cash after you join that school. Attempt to look on google get the educational list and find you appropriate course and that collage / University should be under DLI list and i telling you Canada's education process is very transparent and easy to apply . I did every thing myself.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

6 - Attempt to file visa yourself trust me its extremely simple and you are the person who knows and can do the best for yourself.
If you will do it through consultant at that point they won't center more around you as they probably am aware your changes are less compared to others having less gap.

7- Sop : it should be crisp and clear , attempt to put header on head of each paragraph ( Mine sop is of 2 pages and I utilized the header to clarify about myself)
The following is the arrangement of my SOP ( Please dont ask me to send SOP as i have personal information in that and i cannot share it with anyone, hope everyone will understand) , below is the arrangement of my SOP.

- Introduction : Small intro about yourself
- ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND: In this para try to highlight your achievements in few line and focus more on your work experience , technology used and try to relate it with you course
- FUNDS AVAILABLE: Just tell the approximate figure in CAD
- WHY CANADA? Explain why you have chosen Canada for further studies
- WHY ? UNIVERSITY & REASONS FOR CHOOSING MASTERS IN ? clarify why u have chosen this college ( brief them about college and a few subjects you like in that course and how it's gonna benefit you in your career)
- FUTURE PLANS: Mention to them what you will do after this course and how the job market is widely open in your home country for you after finishing this course.
- CONCLUSION:

8 - Remember most imp part in SOP is to relate your work experience (if you are have long gap) with your education and what you will accomplish after finishing it.
likewise, how this will benefit you in your future at long last yet not least what is the expansion and openings for work in your home country.
(dont mention i will go back to my home country bla bla , simply educate them regarding the activity opportunities in you sharpen nation and you intend to develop in the organization)
9 - Try to provide as many documents as you can .Make sure Visa officer should not get confused with any document so if you have more documents in a single file try to put table of content on the first page. ( i was having 12-13 docs in Financial proof PDF and 19-20 docs in client information PDF)

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Document Type | Page no
Financial Support Letter 1
Letter from Bank - ? (self/spouse) 2

Funds (Try to show latest twice your education fee) : I applied through Non - SDS
: Financial Support Letter (if your spouse works)
: Spouse employment letter
: Show bank statement for last 4 month with bank stamp on it.(self and spouse)
: Get a letter from bank which states about you fund in CAD and your last 4 month Avg balance in CAD. (self and spouse)
: Pay slips (self and spouse)
: Income tax return (self and spouse).

Other documents :
: Sop
: IELTS Score (Mine was 8)
: Current Employment offer letter ( If your working right now)
: Transcript
: All mark-sheets (10 & 12 ,graduation and Degree)
: Marriage certificate (if married)
: certifications
: All previous experience letters

So folks trust me anybody can do it these means on his own simply have confidence in yourself and don't permit consultants to pass judgment on you or send you negative waves and be straightforward in SOP and I am 100% certain you will get what you need. (Same thing happened to me and after that i just listened to my heart and decided to do everything myself, there are lots of kind people in this form who will help you whenever you have any concerns)

Good luck to everyone and keep helping others in this forum. This is all what I have encountered up until this point.

For those who have EE profile , dont worry even i have one but i withdrew it before applying SP (Just to be on safer side).

**one more point my education is in different platform compared to my professional career (B.tech in chemical engineering and Work exp in Software industry so i worked on my SOP and attempted to relate my involvement in selected course.

Reactions: Vicksy

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
Hello Friends,

I have an uplifting news for the individuals who have long education gap. I just got my stage one approval a week ago. I have been following up
this forum continuously from last 7-8 months and I have learnt numerous thing from here ,so today I chose to share my experience with the goal that it could help other people who are in dilemma that they will get study grant after a long gap or not
Unquestionably GAP isn't an issue , you simply need to portrait your self to Visa officer in SOP that this course is going to transform you and will open up bunches of opportunities for you. You just have to justify your gap and i believe for experienced folks its very easy to justify.
Below is my profile.
10TH & 12TH : 87%
B Tech (Chemical engineering) : 2008 pass out (75%)
Working in a multi national company : Experience 12 years (India)
Opted for Master's degree one year program.
Visa filed on 22 May 2020
Got AIP (Fist phase approval 17 Aug 2020)
Non SDS

You simply need to do some homework from your end and underneath are the points and what I did before applying for visa so I can make my application more grounded
1 - Attempt to go for a further extent then what you have at the present time. ( I have Bachelors degree so I intended to go for master's degree).
2 - If you have more than 6 years of experience try to select a course which is related to your work experience, so that it will be easier for you to explain in SOP.
3 - Attempt to show your accomplishments, grants and scholarships in 4-5 lines.
4 - Briefly elaborate your work , attempt to relate your work with your course and include any great turns of phrase.
5 - Try not to go to any consultant in light of the fact that at very first movement point they will reveal to you that as a result of GAP your odds are extremely less and afterward then will attempt to persuade you
to set off for college for a certificate where they bring in some cash after you join that school. Attempt to look on google get the educational list and find you appropriate course and that collage / University should be under DLI list and i telling you Canada's education process is very transparent and easy to apply . I did every thing myself.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

6 - Attempt to file visa yourself trust me its extremely simple and you are the person who knows and can do the best for yourself.
If you will do it through consultant at that point they won't center more around you as they probably am aware your changes are less compared to others having less gap.

7- Sop : it should be crisp and clear , attempt to put header on head of each paragraph ( Mine sop is of 2 pages and I utilized the header to clarify about myself)
The following is the arrangement of my SOP ( Please dont ask me to send SOP as i have personal information in that and i cannot share it with anyone, hope everyone will understand) , below is the arrangement of my SOP.

- Introduction : Small intro about yourself
- ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND: In this para try to highlight your achievements in few line and focus more on your work experience , technology used and try to relate it with you course
- FUNDS AVAILABLE: Just tell the approximate figure in CAD
- WHY CANADA? Explain why you have chosen Canada for further studies
- WHY ? UNIVERSITY & REASONS FOR CHOOSING MASTERS IN ? clarify why u have chosen this college ( brief them about college and a few subjects you like in that course and how it's gonna benefit you in your career)
- FUTURE PLANS: Mention to them what you will do after this course and how the job market is widely open in your home country for you after finishing this course.
- CONCLUSION:

8 - Remember most imp part in SOP is to relate your work experience (if you are have long gap) with your education and what you will accomplish after finishing it.
likewise, how this will benefit you in your future at long last yet not least what is the expansion and openings for work in your home country.
(dont mention i will go back to my home country bla bla , simply educate them regarding the activity opportunities in you sharpen nation and you intend to develop in the organization)
9 - Try to provide as many documents as you can .Make sure Visa officer should not get confused with any document so if you have more documents in a single file try to put table of content on the first page. ( i was having 12-13 docs in Financial proof PDF and 19-20 docs in client information PDF)

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Document Type | Page no
Financial Support Letter 1
Letter from Bank - ? (self/spouse) 2

Funds (Try to show latest twice your education fee) : I applied through Non - SDS
: Financial Support Letter (if your spouse works)
: Spouse employment letter
: Show bank statement for last 4 month with bank stamp on it.(self and spouse)
: Get a letter from bank which states about you fund in CAD and your last 4 month Avg balance in CAD. (self and spouse)
: Pay slips (self and spouse)
: Income tax return (self and spouse).

Other documents :
: Sop
: IELTS Score (Mine was 8)
: Current Employment offer letter ( If your working right now)
: Transcript
: All mark-sheets (10 & 12 ,graduation and Degree)
: Marriage certificate (if married)
: certifications
: All previous experience letters

So folks trust me anybody can do it these means on his own simply have confidence in yourself and don't permit consultants to pass judgment on you or send you negative waves and be straightforward in SOP and I am 100% certain you will get what you need. (Same thing happened to me and after that i just listened to my heart and decided to do everything myself, there are lots of kind people in this form who will help you whenever you have any concerns)

Good luck to everyone and keep helping others in this forum. This is all what I have encountered up until this point.

For those who have EE profile , dont worry even i have one but i withdrew it before applying SP (Just to be on safer side).

**one more point my education is in different platform compared to my professional career (B.tech in chemical engineering and Work exp in Software industry so i worked on my SOP and attempted to relate my involvement in selected course.
Hi , I have not submitted the current employment offer letter. Rather submitted the last three months salary slip. Could you please tell me would it create any problem. I have 7 years of study gap and have applied for fall term study permit.

Sblue

May 19, 2021
I'm in the long gap boat. I did my undergrad in 2010 and since then was working in a different field to my degree. In 2021, I applied for a Masters and got the admission but visa was refused due to one clause 'Purpose of Visit'. I had not submitted a SOP and my application was purely done by myself through YouTube videos and SDS checklist. I'm waiting on GCMS notes (25 June) and I wish to apply the very next day from it. Lesson learnt, ALWAYS ALWAYS attach and SOP and not act like a hero like myself.
Also I agree, you can get a sample from an agent but customize and write the SOP yourself as it would be 100% genuine.

Sblue

May 19, 2021
On GCKEY
What does it say in front of Medical, Bio and Background?
Mine is Medical passed
Bio Complete
Background Complete

Also do they check your entire application and then refuse or they refuse on the first thing they spot and not check the rest?