+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after 8 years gap

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Supply chain Management at Langara Vancouver (B.C.) and Project Management at Macewan University, Edmonton (Alberta).

Where did you applied??
Hey but colleges fall under SPP list and whatever I heard is that you can apply under SPP with max of 5 years of education gap then how come you got from Langara. I am on the same situation. Pls suggest If possible share your contact no.

Metalhead_666

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Fantastic. I'm also in the same boat. I'm Naveen from India and also planning for study visa after almost 9 years of gap.
Congratulations! to all who have got the approval.

Guys, I think we can be in touch with a WhatsApp group for only study visa queries, who all are having a huge gap in their study.
If anyone of you is interested, let's join the following group.

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/1N1c1psiTGuAK2ecvIIClP
Guys -

There are a lot of older people from South America and Caribbean who come to Canada to study. Most of them are over 40. They come here along with their spouse who get an open work permit. We even had a gentleman from Brazil who was 56 years old in our class!

Please make a strong SOP and showing strong ties to your home country. Best wishes :)

Reactions: Vicksy
Jan 24, 2018
Hi I have completed bsc.PCB and post graduation diploma in food science and technology now I want to study abroad for another post graduation diploma food processing .. am i elegible to do my 2nd post graduation ? I don't want to pursue masters. Is there any chance of visa rejection in that case or is it fine to purse 2nd pgd ? Ielts 7 bands .

hemalcanadavisa

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Hey guys
Just wanna share my experience. I too have 10 years of study gap (experience) i applied study visa in October 2016 rejected. The caips note reason was large study gap not a bonafied student n will not depart canada. However i have applied again on 12th june with strong SOP. I will update u. But u must try n convince the VO as suggested by Ketan. I know people who have got visa after long study gap.
what is the status of visa that you apply 2nd time? Have you got the visa or rejected?

Jaymin0965

May 22, 2018
Hello,
i have 6 years gap after my 12th, then i joined Bsc computer science in 2015 and completed it in 2018 with 7.8 cgpa score.
Do i have any chance to get canadian student visa with this profile?
plz help.....

hemalcanadavisa

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Hello,
i have 6 years gap after my 12th, then i joined Bsc computer science in 2015 and completed it in 2018 with 7.8 cgpa score.
Do i have any chance to get canadian student visa with this profile?
plz help.....
Let me know if you get any answer. I have the Same case. 4years gap after 12th and joine BCA.

Jan 14, 2018
I have read all the views and information about getting student visa with a gap of 7+ years , i am pretty sure that people from India hard to get visa and take it for granted , because the VO think that these guys are going to settle not for study no matter if you say this and that but they have only 1 answer . This is state of India , though its hard to digest because they lost belief where people from other places get visa because of Low population and even they are 40 plus get visa . Its simple the belief is missing , no body can't do anything until and unless your fate is too good enough on that day and some god help be with you .

Reactions: Hamedkhani

SimranjeetS98

May 11, 2018
Hello,

My name is shreya and I was planning to go for student visa canada although I have 8 years of study gap and I am 31 year old ... does it matter or we still manage to get admission and visa.
Regards,

Shreya
I got visa after 5 years of study gap and still got study visa for september 2018 intake. However, I had a relevant work experience for that time duration.