+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after 8 years gap

jik123

Mar 14, 2018
Hi Shreya,
My name is Varun, I am 31 years currently working as a bank officer. I also got 8 years Gap in my education..I am applying for my study permit for May 2018 batch. Please do inform whether your study permit was approved.
Hai Varun,

Did you got your visa?
Pleae reply

Aniee

Jan 23, 2018
Hey guys
Just wanna share my experience. I too have 10 years of study gap (experience) i applied study visa in October 2016 rejected. The caips note reason was large study gap not a bonafied student n will not depart canada. However i have applied again on 12th june with strong SOP. I will update u. But u must try n convince the VO as suggested by Ketan. I know people who have got visa after long study gap.
Hello , Did you get your visa?

Feb 6, 2018
Hello Shreya,

well, there are mix reviews you will find in this forum, even in outside real world. I do also have nearly 7 years of gap and I researched a lot to get information about whether I am eligible to apply for study visa or not. But really got mixed reviews.

I strongly recommend you to please listen to your inner voice if it says yes then please go for it. There are many cases I have read on this forum who got their visa after nearly 8-10 years gap and many also not got a visa even without any gap.

I am applying for student visa JAN 2018, gathering documents and arranging finance. Please keep in touch I will really help you to share much information which probably I haven't got easily.

Visa depends on mainly Three criteria.
1) your actual intention to study further after such a long period.
2) is your future study linking with your past experience or not?
3) prove that you will come back at the end of the study permit (just for visa officer)

Wishing you best of luck for your decision.
Hi guys myself Varun..B tech Computer Science 2009 Graduate. Work experience of 7 years. After my grad I did a 6 months .net course and joined a firm as software engineer and worked there for 10 months. Then I join a scheduled commercial bank as a probationary officer and has now completed 6 yrs 9 months in banking sector. I got offer letter from Georgian college for big data analytics. I applied for visa through online portal by myself and it got rejected stating documents not complete. I had not paid my first semester fee and I was unaware of GIC. I decided to approach a reputed agency to apply for my Visa the second time. All the reputed agency I called said that you are not eligible due to 8 yrs education gap. Finally Santa Monica accepted to apply for my Visa..They told me they will not give any guarantee. But I gave them everything they asked for and my Visa got approved this April 19th and I am planning to reach there by 5th of May

Aniee

Jan 23, 2018
Hi guys myself Varun..B tech Computer Science 2009 Graduate. Work experience of 7 years. After my grad I did a 6 months .net course and joined a firm as software engineer and worked there for 10 months. Then I join a scheduled commercial bank as a probationary officer and has now completed 6 yrs 9 months in banking sector. I got offer letter from Georgian college for big data analytics. I applied for visa through online portal by myself and it got rejected stating documents not complete. I had not paid my first semester fee and I was unaware of GIC. I decided to approach a reputed agency to apply for my Visa the second time. All the reputed agency I called said that you are not eligible due to 8 yrs education gap. Finally Santa Monica accepted to apply for my Visa..They told me they will not give any guarantee. But I gave them everything they asked for and my Visa got approved this April 19th and I am planning to reach there by 5th of May
Hello Varun,

I am having 6 yrs gap and will apply for Visa next week for Sep intake.I have paid my GIC also.
I have one question apart from GIC how much more funds I need to show for 1 yr prgm.
My course is very relevant to my work experience but I doubt I do have much fund to show.

Your reply will be appreciated.

Manohar Rathod

Aug 28, 2017
Great... Congratulations :)

lilydenish

Dec 27, 2017
Hey guys
Just wanna share my experience. I too have 10 years of study gap (experience) i applied study visa in October 2016 rejected. The caips note reason was large study gap not a bonafied student n will not depart canada. However i have applied again on 12th june with strong SOP. I will update u. But u must try n convince the VO as suggested by Ketan. I know people who have got visa after long study gap.
hello. did u got your student visa. as i am also planning for same. thanks

lilydenish

Dec 27, 2017
Hey guys

nunnyarora

Oct 9, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Fantastic. I'm also in the same boat. I'm Naveen from India and also planning for study visa after almost 9 years of gap.
Congratulations! to all who have got the approval.

Guys, I think we can be in touch with a WhatsApp group for only study visa queries, who all are having a huge gap in their study.
If anyone of you is interested, let's join the following group.

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/1N1c1psiTGuAK2ecvIIClP

rinda.philkhana

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Fantastic. I'm also in the same boat. I'm Naveen from India and also planning for study visa after almost 9 years of gap.
Congratulations! to all who have got the approval.

Guys, I think we can be in touch with a WhatsApp group for only study visa queries, who all are having a huge gap in their study.
If anyone of you is interested, let's join the following group.

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/1N1c1psiTGuAK2ecvIIClP
Great idea! I am in ..

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Can anyone guide me that where would be the chances of visa is more, in the college or university for the students with work experience.

My profile
B.Tech in 2009 with 77%
M.E. in 2011 with 65%.
Age 34
Working from April 2012 to till date
Got one offer letter from college for two year course and other one from the university for one year course. Now I am very much worried where should I apply and where are the better chances of getting SP in between the two.

College or University??

Please guide me, will appreciate your answers.

Reactions: Hamedkhani

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Can anyone guide me that where would be the chances of visa is more, in the college or university for the students with work experience.

My profile
B.Tech in 2009 with 77%
M.E. in 2011 with 65%.
Age 34
Working from April 2012 to till date
Got one offer letter from college for two year course and other one from the university for one year course. Now I am very much worried where should I apply and where are the better chances of getting SP in between the two.

College or University??

Please guide me, will appreciate your answers.
Which University n college n fir which course as I am also into the same situation.