+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after 8 years gap

Nujaya

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
sri lanka
Hi !! Im 37 yrs old and also planning to apply after 7yrs study gap. But i have been contionusly working since the last academic qualification and even after the completion of school. I did a brief research on the issue and this is what I hav learnt.
1. As others mentioned earlier- The purpose has to be solid in SOP. eventhough our main aim is to settle permanently in Canada we have to convince the VO that u r a genuine student and return to ur country..that includes
1.1 u have to highlight ur career progression up to now from what u have learned.Show them that u r well off at the moment with the current job and u r planning to step in to studies to move up the ladder.
1.2 why do u want to study the spesific program and how its going to help u to achieve ur career aspirations. what would be the final outcome. what r the demand for that job in ur home country. what r the additional qualifications or skills that u r going obtain and how it will help u in future.
1.3 Since we r being taught in English, we have to show them the best IELTS score. Eventhough the college accept with lesser gradings the VO might feel that u might struggle to follow the course. 5 to 7 years study gap means that u must have been woking in somewhere and obviously we might have been using the English language for office communications & emails though we speak in different native languages. As such VO might look for higher gradings.

2. highlight why u hav chosen Canada and the specific program.
3. Strong home ties like properties under ur name or family. That will prove that u have achieved aomething and u r planning for the next 5-10 yrs. If u hav not achieved an accumilated wealth so far having worked for 5-7 years VO might think what good would happen after anotger academic qualification .(this ia specially for old folks with work exp not for the ones just after school)

Feb 6, 2018
T
Hi !! Im 37 yrs old and also planning to apply after 7yrs study gap. But i have been contionusly working since the last academic qualification and even after the completion of school. I did a brief research on the issue and this is what I hav learnt.
1. As others mentioned earlier- The purpose has to be solid in SOP. eventhough our main aim is to settle permanently in Canada we have to convince the VO that u r a genuine student and return to ur country..that includes
1.1 u have to highlight ur career progression up to now from what u have learned.Show them that u r well off at the moment with the current job and u r planning to step in to studies to move up the ladder.
1.2 why do u want to study the spesific program and how its going to help u to achieve ur career aspirations. what would be the final outcome. what r the demand for that job in ur home country. what r the additional qualifications or skills that u r going obtain and how it will help u in future.
1.3 Since we r being taught in English, we have to show them the best IELTS score. Eventhough the college accept with lesser gradings the VO might feel that u might struggle to follow the course. 5 to 7 years study gap means that u must have been woking in somewhere and obviously we might have been using the English language for office communications & emails though we speak in different native languages. As such VO might look for higher gradings.

2. highlight why u hav chosen Canada and the specific program.
3. Strong home ties like properties under ur name or family. That will prove that u have achieved aomething and u r planning for the next 5-10 yrs. If u hav not achieved an accumilated wealth so far having worked for 5-7 years VO might think what good would happen after anotger academic qualification .(this ia specially for old folks with work exp not for the ones just after school)
Thank u so much for the info

achu712001

Jan 3, 2018
Hi Ketan,

I am interested to know this too...Your help will really be appreciated.

hi ketan

how r u. I too am interested to study in canada after 16 years gap.
My first question is : is it possible?
Who are the agents whom we can verify the same.
How much will be the cost?
I have a family of two kids and wife. Will it be difficult to study?
My main aim is to get pr after study. is it possible.
Kindly do advise.
Thanks for the help.

vijayram001

Jan 12, 2018
India
Hi Ketan,

I am interested to know this too...Your help will really be appreciated.
Up to 49 years can apply study visa for Canada.
But you must have to convince visa officer my main intention is study and after complete come back to home country.
Take language test minimum 6 bands each.
Don't go for agent, Google it which program is interest make a strong statement of purpose (SOP).
Again Google it, which colleges are available your interested program. Then visit College / University website check the requirements.
Apply online, fill online application and upload required documents in college / University portal pay application fee.
within a month you get a reply from the college / university.
Note: College / University should be public.
Important!
in future you have any doubt about your visa application, required documents making etc...
Definitely this forum friends will help you get a Visa.

achu712001

Jan 3, 2018
But you must have to convince visa officer my main intention is study and after complete come back to home country.
Don't go for agent, Google it which program is interest make a strong statement of purpose (SOP).
Again Google it, which colleges are available your interested program. Then visit College / University website check the requirements.
Apply online, fill online application and upload required documents in college / University portal pay application fee.
Important!
in future you have any doubt about your visa application, required documents making etc...
Important!
Thanks a lot for your response.

I am willing to enroll for a course, however, have got a lesser percentage i.e. 43% in my Graduation (B.Com). But there is continuous employment since then and am willing to do a course that is relevant to my current job role. Do you think it is still feasible for me to get a study visa? Will look forward to your reply.

vijayram001

Jan 12, 2018
India
Thanks a lot for your response.

I am willing to enroll for a course, however, have got a lesser percentage i.e. 43% in my Graduation (B.Com). But there is continuous employment since then and am willing to do a course that is relevant to my current job role. Do you think it is still feasible for me to get a study visa? Will look forward to your reply.
If college/University are ready to accept then okay. For visa you have to prepare a strong sop.

Bebesofly

Feb 4, 2018
Philippines
Guys this thread is very helpful. Thanks for all the infos. I too my last studies was in 2010. I have worked little less than a year then after i gave birth i did not work up to now as im taking care of my child. But she is big now 5yrs old. Do u think i have a chance in getting approved? What do u think are my chances having not worked for awhile? Thank you.

jik123

Mar 14, 2018
Hello,

My name is shreya and I was planning to go for student visa canada although I have 8 years of study gap and I am 31 year old ... does it matter or we still manage to get admission and visa.
Regards,

Shreya

Hai,

Your visa got approved?

Mar 15, 2018
HELO,
Can anybody clarifies if they received student visa after their 8-10 years study gap from last study?
i am also looking for the student visa , i have 10 year gap ( gained work experience for 6 years and 4 years are farming and business)