+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit Rejected for Unclear Reasons

kunalnayyar

Jun 30, 2018
okay sure. Thankyou

Yes, wait for the rejection letter. Go through proper channels (not sure which because they dont have a phone number and they never reply to emails) and take consultant's help with this,

In my opinion Carleton is way better than any other college. Granted you might not get ALL the course you want to learn. But you will learn things from a "University" which holds its own value. Whether you want to work in Canada or in India, the University tag will certainly help you. A college diploma does not hold such value, as far as I know.
I agree with you. But after so much fact analyzing i settled on colleges.

neo99

Jun 10, 2018
INDIA
R
I have a seat in Carleton University, But i have talked to other students who are studying in universities and they are like, universities focus more on theory and on research part. If you want some really market skills, you should go to SPP colleges and personally, I prefer skills over a degree.

I want to go to college and m happy with that. But I want a visa in my hand. :(
I think i should mail lambton and talk to them but then they will ask for refusal letter and i didnt have any. I just checked my refusal at GC key portal.
R u kidding me! Masters vs diploma that's a no brainer....entry salary of cs grads from CarletonU is CAD60K. Forget lambton and go for university man!

kunalnayyar

Jun 30, 2018
Also, I have my B.tech in ECE and the master i got is in Electronics too but Now I have my skills and interest in Computer Sci. like web deve, apps, software.
and by Masters IN Electronics i cannot learn more in CS and i have to do job in ECE too.

That was a concern too. I preferd Mobile app dev over electronics.

My application in Compuer Sci MSters was rejected by uOttawa and carleton.

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Fees might be a little more. But not a huge difference. But trust me, 2-4 years down the line there will be a huge difference in your Return on Investment (ROI). University will have a much better ROI.
But I guess at this point, you can leave all this behind and just focus on re-application.

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
Hey guys! I got my gic today.
Now i have all the documents ready :

IELTS 7.5 not less than 6.5

12th - 84.8%

10th - 9.4 CGPA ( out of 10 )

Bank statements of my father and grandfather ( They both are my sponsors) showing 9 lakh in bank and 2 FDs( 5 lakh and 6 lakh ) so total 20 lakh

ITRs of my father and grandfather showing total annual income 13 lakh

Affidavit of sponsorship/financial support from both my dad and grandfather

A strong SOP

1 year fee paid

GIC Done

Upfront medical done on 1 June

Offer from university of calgary

Please let me know if anything is missing I need Your precious advice guys.. as i saw above.. our brother got rejected even after such remarkable profile and VO gave such a blunder reason.
I am in shockk!!

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Also, I have my B.tech in ECE and the master i got is in Electronics too but Now I have my skills and interest in Computer Sci. like web deve, apps, software.
and by Masters IN Electronics i cannot learn more in CS and i have to do job in ECE too.

That was a concern too. I preferd Mobile app dev over electronics.

My application in Compuer Sci MSters was rejected by uOttawa and carleton.
I can already imagine the reason in your Rejection Letter. "Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: Your qualifications & previous studies". This is a tough one, because you have your bachelor's and master's in one field and it is a bit odd that before pursuing the master's you did not realise your actual field of interest!! This might the reason your application got rejected, my friend. Definitely apply for caips notes.

kunalnayyar

Jun 30, 2018
You mean, my course which i opted Mobile Application dev was not relevant to my field?
Like i m from B.tech ECE and going for Mobile app dev.

But my agent said that he has sent tons of students from ECE to mobile app dev. It is not a big deal.

I will apply for Caips notes. Do you knwo the fees of it?

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hey guys! I got my gic today.
Now i have all the documents ready :

IELTS 7.5 not less than 6.5

12th - 84.8%

10th - 9.4 CGPA ( out of 10 )

Bank statements of my father and grandfather ( They both are my sponsors) showing 9 lakh in bank and 2 FDs( 5 lakh and 6 lakh ) so total 20 lakh

ITRs of my father and grandfather showing total annual income 13 lakh

Affidavit of sponsorship/financial support from both my dad and grandfather

A strong SOP

1 year fee paid

GIC Done

Upfront medical done on 1 June

Offer from university of calgary

Please let me know if anything is missing I need Your precious advice guys.. as i saw above.. our brother got rejected even after such remarkable profile and VO gave such a blunder reason.
I am in shockk!!
Thanks for the regards :) I have applied again last friday, let's see what happens. I did not pay fees or GIC earlier and that might have been the reason for rejection!

Anyways, your profile seems impeccable as well brother! I would suggest have a index/cover letter for your financial documents, which explains how your funds are bifurcated in a tabular format and show how you are reaching the final amount available for your studies. This number should match the one on your main application form. And below that table you can just mention an index of all financial documents you have attached. In this way VO can have an overview of your financial documents.

Also, may I suggest to put in a property evaluation or CA wealth evaluation certificate? This is not necessary, but it makes a very strong case for you that you have a well established family in India, which you will return to.

And don't forget to add a para in your SOP explaining, what are the job opportunities for your field in India, and why you would return to India!

That would be it :)

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
You mean, my course which i opted Mobile Application dev was not relevant to my field?
Like i m from B.tech ECE and going for Mobile app dev.

But my agent said that he has sent tons of students from ECE to mobile app dev. It is not a big deal.

I will apply for Caips notes. Do you knwo the fees of it?
Five dollars. You need someone physically present in Canada to apply for that. Your consultant should help you with that!

And yes I mean that Mobile App Dev seems to be a bit out of ECE scope, which would have caught VO's eyes. So you need to address that fact head on in your SOP! That even though you have Btech & Mtech in ECE, how it all relates to Mobile App Dev