+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit Rejected for Unclear Reasons

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
I wasn't trying to say you offended me or anyone here !
And there's nothing to be sorry about :)
Was just giving my experience .

Usually rejections happen when someone is not progressing in their career "Education-Wise"
SOP is always needed , that's the only way the VO will know your intentions etc !

Btw I read your other post , stay calm , and hope for a positive outcome :)
Yeah brother, it might have been a mistake to not submit a SOP but I have recently seen some posts of people being approved without SOP.
So I am hoping for the best.

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hey guys i have submitted my file today under SDS , I have submitted these documents to my consultant:
1) Father's and Grandfather's ITR showing 13 lakh income per year in total
2) 2 FDs one of 5 lakh & one if 6 lakh rupees
3) IELTS : 7.5 not less than 6.5
4) Offer letter from university of calgary for BSc Computer Science
5) 10th marksheet original: 9.4 CGPA
6) 12th marksheet original: 84.8%
7) GIC of 10000 CAD
8) Paid 1 year tuition fees.
9) Passport Photocopy
10) My Photographs
11) A Strong SOP
12) Affidavits of Financial Support of my father and grandfather

So this is my question :
1) Do I need to sign the GIC? Did anyone of you signed the GIC or just submitted the GIC that i got as it is?
2) Do I also need to submit Bank statements? My consultant said that as you have submitted ITRs , you don't need to submit statements
I did not sign my ICICI GIC while submitting. But to be on the safe side if your GIC Certificate has a placeholder for your signature then definitely sign there and submit.
If your total proof of funds is 1.5x or 2x more than the required funds then you may skip bank statements. If its not a long statement, I would just attach the extra 1-2 pages.

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Archit

Need help urgently my daughter has also applied for the University of waterloo undergraduate course. We have received visa refusal today.
Based on your history of having contravented the condition of admission on a previous stay in Canada and also that your studies are not in light of the field chosen.
We or my daughter have never been to Canada. We don't have the visa ever and also she is a biology student in class 12th and going for Hons in Health Studies.
She has scored 90+ in class 12th and 7.5 in ilets
I don't understand the reason for rejection what should we do.
We applied for provincial nomination two years back but was not invited . Is that has something do do with the rejection. Her classes start in Sep what should we do. Can we get capis notes

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Archit

Need help urgently my daughter has also applied for the University of waterloo undergraduate course. We have received visa refusal today.
Based on your history of having contravented the condition of admission on a previous stay in Canada and also that your studies are not in light of the field chosen.
We or my daughter have never been to Canada. We don't have the visa ever and also she is a biology student in class 12th and going for Hons in Health Studies.
We applied for provincial nomination two years back but was not invited . Is that has something do do with the rejection. Her classes start in Sep what should we do. Can we get capis notes
What is the exact refusal letter? Can you copy and paste the refusal letter here?

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Archit

"Based on your history of having contravented the condition of admission on a previous stay in Canada and also that your studies are not in light of the field chosen."

Is this the reason for refusal? If so, it sounds like the main reason why visa was rejected was due to extending the stay in Canada illegally previously. But as you have mentioned you have never been there - it means the Visa Officer messed up or something in your application indicated that you have visited/overstayed in Canada previously.

Please do share the exact reason and your full application details like documents and profile to better understand the reason. Also if you have visited another country.

I doubt not receiving an invitation for provincial nomination would have any substantial bearing on your visa application. I do think it is a good idea to get the capis note. Although, it takes about a month to come through. I would suggest getting in touch with University of Waterloo's relevant department and ask for an admission deferral. Also, contact UW's visa consultants via email as they are always ready to help with these matters. Take help from as many places as you can before applying again.

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
"Based on your history of having contravented the condition of admission on a previous stay in Canada and also that your studies are not in light of the field chosen."

Is this the reason for refusal? If so, it sounds like the main reason why visa was rejected was due to extending the stay in Canada illegally previously. But as you have mentioned you have never been there - it means the Visa Officer messed up or something in your application indicated that you have visited/overstayed in Canada previously.

Please do share the exact reason and your full application details like documents and profile to better understand the reason. Also if you have visited another country.

I doubt not receiving an invitation for provincial nomination would have any substantial bearing on your visa application. I do think it is a good idea to get the capis note. Although, it takes about a month to come through. I would suggest getting in touch with University of Waterloo's relevant department and ask for an admission deferral. Also, contact UW's visa consultants via email as they are always ready to help with these matters. Take help from as many places as you can before applying again.
We attached the following documents:
GIC
10th certificate (10 cgpa)
12th certificate (90%)
Fees receipt (5000$)
SOP
Proof of funds of more than 1 year fee
No my daughter has never visited Canada before.
Should we reapply under SDS now?

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
you contravented the condition of admission to canada?

but you said you have never entered before nor your daughter? better check carefully with her. unless the vo screwed up real badly but its rare for them to reject on this basis

furthermore did they say anything about misrepresentation and a 5 year ban?
I just searched the word "contravened" on this forum and most people who were rejected with this reason had never visited Canada before. This is so weird.

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
you contravented the condition of admission to canada?

but you said you have never entered before nor your daughter? better check carefully with her. unless the vo screwed up real badly but its rare for them to reject on this basis

furthermore did they say anything about misrepresentation and a 5 year ban?
No nothing about ban and misinterpretation. No she has never been out of country all her life

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
I just searched the word "contravened" on this forum and most people who were rejected with this reason had never visited Canada before. This is so weird.
Yes it is we are so worried. Can the University extend the joining date

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
We attached the following documents:
GIC
10th certificate (10 cgpa)
12th certificate (90%)
Fees receipt (5000$)
SOP
Proof of funds of more than 1 year fee
No my daughter has never visited Canada before.
Should we reapply under SDS now?
Questions.
1. Did you mention the following in SOP?
- Steady source of income to support her for rest of the duration of her stay in Canada.
- Why this course after 12th biology, and why in Canada and not in India?
- Reasons why she would come back to India?

2. Did you not pay the entire first year fee? That could have made your case stronger.

Things to do.
1. You should get in touch with University of Waterloo and ask them for a deferral to next term and also get in touch with UW's licensed visa consultants.

2. If you know someone in Canada get capis notes.

3. Get help from IDP or some other reputed visa consultancy in India, as they would be able to analyze all your documents and profile more carefully. They do it for free.

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Questions.
1. Did you mention the following in SOP?
- Steady source of income to support her for rest of the duration of her stay in Canada.
- Why this course after 12th biology, and why in Canada and not in India?
- Reasons why she would come back to India?

2. Did you not pay the entire first year fee? That could have made your case stronger.

Things to do.
1. You should get in touch with University of Waterloo and ask them for a deferral to next term and also get in touch with UW's licensed visa consultants.

2. If you know someone in Canada get capis notes.

3. Get help from IDP or some other reputed visa consultancy in India, as they would be able to analyze all your documents and profile more carefully. They do it for free.
Her term starts in Sep and we still have time to re apply also I Know people in Canada how can they get us capis notes.

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Her term starts in Sep and we still have time to re apply also I Know people in Canada how can they get us capis notes.
You can simply follow some of the top links from google search like this one - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-caips-notes.72568/

Also, I highly recommend letting your department at UW know that visa has been rejected and at least try to understand if there is a possibility of deferral. Anyways, here are some additional resources to get help from UW's immigration consultants. They are really helpful and I got some invaluable help from them when my visa was rejected.

https://uwaterloo.ca/student-success/students/international-student-resources/immigration-consulting

Web-form for UW's online consultation - https://uwaterloo.ca/student-success/ask-immigration-consultant