Student Permit Rejected for Unclear Reasons

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
Thanks for the regards :) I have applied again last friday, let's see what happens. I did not pay fees or GIC earlier and that might have been the reason for rejection!

Anyways, your profile seems impeccable as well brother! I would suggest have a index/cover letter for your financial documents, which explains how your funds are bifurcated in a tabular format and show how you are reaching the final amount available for your studies. This number should match the one on your main application form. And below that table you can just mention an index of all financial documents you have attached. In this way VO can have an overview of your financial documents.

Also, may I suggest to put in a property evaluation or CA wealth evaluation certificate? This is not necessary, but it makes a very strong case for you that you have a well established family in India, which you will return to.

And don't forget to add a para in your SOP explaining, what are the job opportunities for your field in India, and why you would return to India!

That would be it :)
Yeah bro! That were some really helpful guidlines... Thanks a lot for being so thoughtful .. I will apply by 10th July.. for September intake under SDS.

kunalnayyar

Jun 30, 2018
Five dollars. You need someone physically present in Canada to apply for that. Your consultant should help you with that!

And yes I mean that Mobile App Dev seems to be a bit out of ECE scope, which would have caught VO's eyes. So you need to address that fact head on in your SOP! That even though you have Btech & Mtech in ECE, how it all relates to Mobile App Dev
i dont have M.tehc on ECE , I am graduate

kunalnayyar

Jun 30, 2018
Yes ofcourse.
Things to do now:
1. Talk with Lambton
2. Apply for JAN intake side by side
3. Apply for Caips Note
4. Improve SOP
5. Choose relevant course

Project Management is common for all IT Steams?

Reactions: archit.shah

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Yes ofcourse.
Things to do now:
1. Talk with Lambton
2. Apply for JAN intake side by side
3. Apply for Caips Note
4. Improve SOP
5. Choose relevant course

Project Management is common for all IT Steams?
As far as I know Project Management is relevant if you have a significant job experience (subjective). You should be able to justify why you need to learn how to manage projects. So I do not think it is particularly common for IT streams. I have seen a lot of IT and non IT people opting for this stream.

Then again, I do not have much knowledge about this stream!

dahal1

Apr 7, 2018
Visa Office......
Canada
Definitely don't put that annoying formatting, don't know about the rest.
it lacks how and who will fund your studies???
why not in india??
what are your ambition after you complete your studies...and how can india benifit from it....other wise you have a very good profile and good sop.

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
Hey guys i have submitted my file today under SDS , I have submitted these documents to my consultant:
1) Father's and Grandfather's ITR showing 13 lakh income per year in total
2) 2 FDs one of 5 lakh & one if 6 lakh rupees
3) IELTS : 7.5 not less than 6.5
4) Offer letter from university of calgary for BSc Computer Science
5) 10th marksheet original: 9.4 CGPA
6) 12th marksheet original: 84.8%
7) GIC of 10000 CAD
8) Paid 1 year tuition fees.
9) Passport Photocopy
10) My Photographs
11) A Strong SOP
12) Affidavits of Financial Support of my father and grandfather

So this is my question :
1) Do I need to sign the GIC? Did anyone of you signed the GIC or just submitted the GIC that i got as it is?
2) Do I also need to submit Bank statements? My consultant said that as you have submitted ITRs , you don't need to submit statements

rajat1997

Jul 3, 2019
i have the same query as the first candidate who started this thread had
my score throughout my life has been good
i scored 6.5 in ielts with no less than 6
in 10 i scored 7.0 cgpa
in 12 i scored 91.25%
graduation- 72%
gic fully paid
1 year fees is paid
no loan taken
1 year experience in the same field
going for Computer Application Security, Connestoga College
i applied online for visa
financial documents that i showed was my mother's bank statement and earnings for last two years ,that were 30 lakh and 11 lakh
and also mentioned that my fathers own a business in the SOP. Although the SOP was lengthy but it was totally full of good details

the reason they gave for my rejection was that
  • we don't think that you will return back to india after you study permit is over

my councilor said that this is a very common reason for rejection and i reapplied right away cause i have to go for september intake 2019
when i reapplied i mention my mother's GPF statement which was more than 5 lakh and mentioned my father has a well settled business here and also that my whole family is here so this will be the purpose of my return. Although i mentioned everything thoroughly in my previous SOP but still got rejection

on the other hand, all of my friends got their visa approved and one them did french which is the second national language of canada and one of my friend changed the course entirely, he was doing BCA here and applied for GBM(Global Business Management) but they got their visas and they were the ones worried for rejection

Also my relatives are in the same business and told me that sometimes embassy just rejects visas randomly
is it true?
Anything anyone tells will be really helpful

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
i have the same query as the first candidate who started this thread had
my score throughout my life has been good
i scored 6.5 in ielts with no less than 6
in 10 i scored 7.0 cgpa
in 12 i scored 91.25%
graduation- 72%
gic fully paid
1 year fees is paid
no loan taken
1 year experience in the same field
going for Computer Application Security, Connestoga College
i applied online for visa
financial documents that i showed was my mother's bank statement and earnings for last two years ,that were 30 lakh and 11 lakh
and also mentioned that my fathers own a business in the SOP. Although the SOP was lengthy but it was totally full of good details

the reason they gave for my rejection was that
  • we don't think that you will return back to india after you study permit is over

my councilor said that this is a very common reason for rejection and i reapplied right away cause i have to go for september intake 2019
when i reapplied i mention my mother's GPF statement which was more than 5 lakh and mentioned my father has a well settled business here and also that my whole family is here so this will be the purpose of my return. Although i mentioned everything thoroughly in my previous SOP but still got rejection

on the other hand, all of my friends got their visa approved and one them did french which is the second national language of canada and one of my friend changed the course entirely, he was doing BCA here and applied for GBM(Global Business Management) but they got their visas and they were the ones worried for rejection

Also my relatives are in the same business and told me that sometimes embassy just rejects visas randomly
is it true?
Anything anyone tells will be really helpful
According to statistics, college applicants pursuing a diploma/certificate always have the highest chance for rejection. This is because college is easier, cheaper and takes less time compared to a degree at a university. Many college students take advantage of this ease to quickly and easily get PGWP and try to stay, despite many being unqualified. This is reflected by the fact that most fishy students that tries to work instead of study are college students. Also, 70% of applicants are college applicants, so the VO is only going to accept a number of them.

Degree at a university has an advantage because university is harder and longer. And you would only get PGWP after graduation. Therefore, at a university, you would need to be dedicated and spend all your time studying to graduate, leaving no room for working illegally. This is why most university students get approved.

However, Masters students will be scrutinized, like the OP in this post, because Masters is short, same length as a diploma/certificate, so it is quicker to get PGWP. Also, there are immigration policies that allow Masters students to get PR right off the bat without job offer (OINP for example).

I think the highest chance of approval is for high school graduate pursuing a Bachelor degree at a university. The progression of high school to Bachelor is genuine and a Bachelor is hard, and more importantly, quite long. If a student only cares about getting a PGWP as soon as possible, they would choose diploma/certificate at a college because it is cheaper, shorter and easier. So the only reason why students would choose a Bachelor that is harder and longer (Longest out of all types of degree/diploma/certificate), is because they really do want to focus on studying and that is the point of a Study Permit.

And evidence from this website alone, most posts about rejections are from college students. A smaller number are from Masters students. Some are from university graduates pursuing another Bachelor. But so far, I have seen no posts from high school graduates pursuing a Bachelor degree at a university.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
According to statistics, college applicants pursuing a diploma/certificate always have the highest chance for rejection. This is because college is easier, cheaper and takes less time compared to a degree at a university. Many college students take advantage of this ease to quickly and easily get PGWP and try to stay, despite many being unqualified. This is reflected by the fact that most fishy students that tries to work instead of study are college students. Also, 70% of applicants are college applicants, so the VO is only going to accept a number of them.

Degree at a university has an advantage because university is harder and longer. And you would only get PGWP after graduation. Therefore, at a university, you would need to be dedicated and spend all your time studying to graduate, leaving no room for working illegally. This is why most university students get approved.

However, Masters students will be scrutinized, like the OP in this post, because Masters is short, same length as a diploma/certificate, so it is quicker to get PGWP. Also, there are immigration policies that allow Masters students to get PR right off the bat without job offer (OINP for example).

I think the highest chance of approval is for high school graduate pursuing a Bachelor degree at a university. The progression of high school to Bachelor is genuine and a Bachelor is hard, and more importantly, quite long. If a student only cares about getting a PGWP as soon as possible, they would choose diploma/certificate at a college because it is cheaper, shorter and easier. So the only reason why students would choose a Bachelor that is harder and longer (Longest out of all types of degree/diploma/certificate), is because they really do want to focus on studying and that is the point of a Study Permit.

And evidence from this website alone, most posts about rejections are from college students. A smaller number are from Masters students. Some are from university graduates pursuing another Bachelor. But so far, I have seen no posts from high school graduates pursuing a Bachelor degree at a university.
I disagree !
I did apply initially for flight training course of 1 year .
I had a gap of 5 years after Grade 12 .
Was approved in 14 working days .

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
I disagree !
I did apply initially for flight training course of 1 year .
I had a gap of 5 years after Grade 12 .
Was approved in 14 working days .
Sorry but you misunderstood my comment. I said it was more difficult, but not impossible for college applicants to be approved. Statistics shows that college applicants has the highest chance of rejection out of all types of applicants and I gave my own opinion on why this might be the case.
If you are a college applicant and got approved, then you are very good. You must have written a strong SOP and provide sufficient documents. I mean, there are tons of college applicants being approved everyday.
I did not meant to offend people and I am sorry if my comment offended you. My comment is also not meant to discourage college applicants, it is just to state my own opinion on this topic.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Sorry but you misunderstood my comment. I said it was more difficult, but not impossible for college applicants to be approved. Statistics shows that college applicants has the highest chance of rejection out of all types of applicants and I gave my own opinion on why this might be the case.
If you are a college applicant and got approved, then you are very good. You must have written a strong SOP and provide sufficient documents. I mean, there are tons of college applicants being approved everyday.
I did not meant to offend people and I am sorry if my comment offended you. My comment is also not meant to discourage college applicants, it is just to state my own opinion on this topic.

I wasn't trying to say you offended me or anyone here !
And there's nothing to be sorry about :)
Was just giving my experience .

Usually rejections happen when someone is not progressing in their career "Education-Wise"
SOP is always needed , that's the only way the VO will know your intentions etc !

Btw I read your other post , stay calm , and hope for a positive outcome :)