+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student permit refused because of purpose of visit and personal assets

Anime

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
UPDATE:
My student visa was approved. I didn't wait for CAIPS notes and submitted the exactly same documents. I guess I did something wrong the first time: maybe in IMM form or missed one page in an important document... Not sure. I might still order CAIPS notes and see what was the reason for the rejection for the first time.

Thank you to everyone for their help.
Well, congratulations!!!

M

MayorGrom

Of course it does! You have to prove why you chose Canada, why not US? You have to show the comparison with other schools why it is better in CA and not US,AU, UK. And so on..
As the engineer who spends time reading reports I hate reading a report with fluff. In my opinion, any sort of report or letter should be straight to the point and as close to the subject as possible. With that being said, there is no reason to compare Canadian schools with the US ones or Australian ones. I stated why I chose Canada and that is sufficient enough. I don't have time or desire to research through 1000s of schools in the USA or Australia and try to compare my choice to schools in another countries.

In addition, all of the "comparison points" end up being the same for everyone. "Great professors, state-of-the-art research, fantastic student-to-professors ratio, friendly environment"... It didn't add anything to my file and therefore, I didn't find the reason to do it.

Joy-c

Jul 2, 2019
UPDATE:
My student visa was approved. I didn't wait for CAIPS notes and submitted the exactly same documents. I guess I did something wrong the first time: maybe in IMM form or missed one page in an important document... Not sure. I might still order CAIPS notes and see what was the reason for the rejection for the first time.

Thank you to everyone for their help.
Congrats!
Please help me out. I'm in the same situation. What personal assets did you present to CIC and how? After reapplying how long did it take to get approved? did you change anything on your study plan/SOP/ letter to CIC?