+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit Got Rejected

futurestudent

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Aima. try and see if you can, cause I'm not sure if you can get an 1 year or 2 year return ticket

My suggestion to you is, get the caips report and resubmit the application again with a good adviser
I got rejected twice. I made the mistake of not checking GCMS before applying second time. The 2nd time I ordered and read the detailed notes of the visa officer. I should have done it when I got rejected first time. Ask any of your friends in Canada to apply on your behalf. Just takes $5. Its worth spending that amt. If you dont know anybody there, then apply through caipsgcms.com. They are the cheapest I know - $15.

Reactions: Samlawgray

Helena99

Apr 10, 2017
hello,
please I applied from Canada (through Alberta), but my study permit application was rejected. reason being that I'm not eligible to apply from within Canada.
I was advised to come to the US to re-apply since my 6months as a visitor has almost elapsed.
- please can i apply online from US or do I have to mail it to the LA VAC office (cos I'm staying in texas at the moment)?
- i learnt it takes about 5weeks, does it mean I can write any date on my application form even though at the airport/border i told them I would be staying for just 2weeks?

Thank you.

Samlawgray

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
I got rejected twice. I made the mistake of not checking GCMS before applying second time. The 2nd time I ordered and read the detailed notes of the visa officer. I should have done it when I got rejected first time. Ask any of your friends in Canada to apply on your behalf. Just takes $5. Its worth spending that amt. If you dont know anybody there, then apply through caipsgcms.com. They are the cheapest I know - $15.
Thank you for your advice, I'm already doing that

What about you ? are you going to apply for the third time ?

Samlawgray

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
hello,
please I applied from Canada (through Alberta), but my study permit application was rejected. reason being that I'm not eligible to apply from within Canada.
I was advised to come to the US to re-apply since my 6months as a visitor has almost elapsed.
- please can i apply online from US or do I have to mail it to the LA VAC office (cos I'm staying in texas at the moment)?
- i learnt it takes about 5weeks, does it mean I can write any date on my application form even though at the airport/border i told them I would be staying for just 2weeks?

Thank you.
Hello,

This is something new to me as well. However my advice to you is that you apply for your Canada student permit from US itself via online or through an visa processing agency.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello,

Thank you.
FYI - the 5 week processing times is just an estimate. It's quite possible for it to take a few months.

futurestudent

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Thank you for your advice, I'm already doing that

What about you ? are you going to apply for the third time ?
I am still confused. I have asked the college to defer me to Sept for the time being. I am working on the SOP and the letter of explanation. Trying to focus on the things pointed out by the visa officer in my gcms notes

Samlawgray

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
I am still confused. I have asked the college to defer me to Sept for the time being. I am working on the SOP and the letter of explanation. Trying to focus on the things pointed out by the visa officer in my gcms notes
What was the reason for rejection in the second attempt ?

RickyRicky

May 31, 2017
Question - how do you show you will return home when you dont have tons of proof? I dont own a home or a car. What I have is only family. which I feel is a bigger reason but I feel immigration only wants to see person have material goods back home. Thanks,

michoo12

Apr 20, 2017
Hi same i applied in abu dhabi last Feb 3 and got rejected after 2 weeks. And so I reapplied and now waiting for 7 weeks now.. I am really worried. When did you lodge your application?
Hi there
Same situation here i also applied in feb and rejected in 3 weeks now i reapply in april and its been almost 7 weeks but did'nt get any response yet i have applied online from Pakistan.
I am really worried if you get any response please update bro
Thanks