+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit Approval from UAE

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020

Zyqwerty

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Most of the people who got decisions are refusals. I applied for SP for my niece February 26 and have not heard anything other than medical passed, biometric validity letter and one push notification advising she cannot come to Canada now because of travel restrictions. She already had a visit visa before. I didn't know the status and have sent several web form enquiries without assistance or anything positive until I ordered the GCMS notes under ATIP Act. Typically, it would take 30 days to receive ATIP GCMS notes, but my request took 15 days and they sent me the report from where I found out it had been approved since April 15. validity and expiry dates everything noted there.

I guess they are deliberately withholding positive decisions because they don't want students to make any travel plans, since they have told everybody to prepare to study from home country. But to me, withholding decisions is nonsense. As Long as travel restrictions are in place, students will not just start travelling because they have a student visa. That they are delaying releasing your decision is likely because it is approved. If not, they would have released the decision since.

I would advise you to apply for your GCMS notes, if you have someone in Canada to make the application on your behalf, as it is only open to citizens, PRs or temporary residents currently in Canada. It's just $5 if made by any of these people I mentioned. However, there are some agents online, who can order it for you for $20, if you don't have anyone in Canada to order it for you. But you have to sign a consent form authorizing such individuals to obtain your personal information from IRCC. It is required under the Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Act.
Or they will issue the decision last minute giving no chance of re-application for fall intake to lessen backlogs.

Raimz

May 2, 2020
Received this today ...

Hello ,

Good news! We have approval for students that receive "Approved in Principle" (AIP) visa status to be enrolled and begin their studies online.
Please note that that we can accept the AIP letter with the warning that there is still possibility of visa refusal, although we hope it is slim. The refund policy for visa refusal after gaining AIP and being enrolled is still in discussion.
Please inform us when you receive any AIP letter.

Eng.abla

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Received this today ...

Hello ,

Good news! We have approval for students that receive "Approved in Principle" (AIP) visa status to be enrolled and begin their studies online.
Please note that that we can accept the AIP letter with the warning that there is still possibility of visa refusal, although we hope it is slim. The refund policy for visa refusal after gaining AIP and being enrolled is still in discussion.
Please inform us when you receive any AIP letter.
From whom? Your university?

Eng.abla

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Yes from Admissions and Student's Support Executive
I have no idea what to do now
They haven’t even started eligibility review
I think universities are panicking as many students didn't get decisions yet and some got AIP.

From what I see from the forum, many with AIP are planning to defer, if there is no students, then there is no classes and no money to cover the Universities salaries and expenses.

Reactions: CPA_3

Raimz

May 2, 2020
I think universities are panicking as many students didn't get decisions yet and some got AIP.

From what I see from the forum, many with AIP are planning to defer, if there is no students, then there is no classes and no money to cover the Universities salaries and expenses.
I thot uae was fast ..
this is taking longer than I thought
I jus hope we all get it before September 10th

Reactions: Eng.abla
Aug 6, 2020
Most of the people who got decisions are refusals. I applied for SP for my niece February 26 and have not heard anything other than medical passed, biometric validity letter and one push notification advising she cannot come to Canada now because of travel restrictions. She already had a visit visa before. I didn't know the status and have sent several web form enquiries without assistance or anything positive until I ordered the GCMS notes under ATIP Act. Typically, it would take 30 days to receive ATIP GCMS notes, but my request took 15 days and they sent me the report from where I found out it had been approved since April 15. validity and expiry dates everything noted there.

I guess they are deliberately withholding positive decisions because they don't want students to make any travel plans, since they have told everybody to prepare to study from home country. But to me, withholding decisions is nonsense. As Long as travel restrictions are in place, students will not just start travelling because they have a student visa. That they are delaying releasing your decision is likely because it is approved. If not, they would have released the decision since.

I would advise you to apply for your GCMS notes, if you have someone in Canada to make the application on your behalf, as it is only open to citizens, PRs or temporary residents currently in Canada. It's just $5 if made by any of these people I mentioned. However, there are some agents online, who can order it for you for $20, if you don't have anyone in Canada to order it for you. But you have to sign a consent form authorizing such individuals to obtain your personal information from IRCC. It is required under the Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Act.
while applying for the notes can we enter our email id in the representative section?

Sanap89

Jul 28, 2020

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
while applying for the notes can we enter our email id in the representative section?
You cannot apply for GCMS Notes yourself except you are a Canadian citizen, PR or temporary resident who is currently living in Canada. If you don't fit in here, you can ask someone in Canada to make the application for you and you have to authorize them by signing an authorization form. If you are applying on behalf of someone else, of course you have to put your address as the rep.