+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck with background verification check since 1 year -- Looking for HELP!!!

km119

Jul 14, 2019
Hi All, I am starting this thread here as my last resort to immense stress that I have been facing since last 1 year. I received my ITA on 2nd October 2019 and finished uploaded all documents by 18th October. I passed medical tests on 8th November 2019. Since then, now an year has passed, but i have not received any update on my application. It only says Your application is taking longer than expected. We'll send you a message once we decide on your application. And under steps, it stays it is on Background verification right now. I understand Corona situation haas delayed processing of applications. But we have seen so many new draws happening lately and people has started flying to Canada now. I am looking for help if any one can suggest me anything about what I should do, whom should I contact. I have raised multiple IRCC web forms. First of all, each tickets takes about 2 weeks for a response. I got a response on one of the tickets, saying I should have received some email on 27th February,2020, which I have not. I checked spam, junk, trash and inbox everything. They also said, since this was not sent by regular IRCC mail, hence, message is not visible in my inbox. I am 110% sure, I have not received any email. I have been eyeing my mailbox since Nov 2019. They said they can send me back the email. When I asked them to do so, I got a response after 2 weeks that they have emailed relevant team. I have not heard back since 3 weeks now. I am so much worried.
Please HELP, if anyone can suggest me absolutely anything. I will be indebted.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All, I am starting this thread here as my last resort to immense stress that I have been facing since last 1 year. I received my ITA on 2nd October 2019 and finished uploaded all documents by 18th October. I passed medical tests on 8th November 2019. Since then, now an year has passed, but i have not received any update on my application. It only says Your application is taking longer than expected. We'll send you a message once we decide on your application. And under steps, it stays it is on Background verification right now. I understand Corona situation haas delayed processing of applications. But we have seen so many new draws happening lately and people has started flying to Canada now. I am looking for help if any one can suggest me anything about what I should do, whom should I contact. I have raised multiple IRCC web forms. First of all, each tickets takes about 2 weeks for a response. I got a response on one of the tickets, saying I should have received some email on 27th February,2020, which I have not. I checked spam, junk, trash and inbox everything. They also said, since this was not sent by regular IRCC mail, hence, message is not visible in my inbox. I am 110% sure, I have not received any email. I have been eyeing my mailbox since Nov 2019. They said they can send me back the email. When I asked them to do so, I got a response after 2 weeks that they have emailed relevant team. I have not heard back since 3 weeks now. I am so much worried.
What do your GCMS notes say?

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Try calling them instead of using the webform. That way you can explain to the agent what you have explained here.

NewDestination

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
What are GCMS notes? Can you help me with this pls?
You can Google the key word "gcms notes" or read in the forum where knowledge people explained about it very clearly. Basically when u order gcms note u will see everything about ur application, what they have done on it, what they concern, which stages u have passed, which stage they are processing. Since ur application is over 1 year, u definitely should order the gcms note. I believe people here will explain that for u clearer or u just do ur own research basing on "gcms note" key word

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
there is no contact number on Cic website. Is it?
1-800-242-2100. This only works if you have a Canadian number that you are calling from. Otherwise, there are apps you can download for calling from outside Canada, but I don't know which one. Someone else can probably help.

Note that it takes ages to get through. First, an automated voice will read many, many pre-recorded things for about 10 minutes. Listen patiently. Then you have to carefully choose the right options by pressing the correct numbers on the numeric pad of your phone—until you get to the point where a robot voice will ask you to punch in your application number and then it will tell you the status of your application exactly as it displays in your cic account. Be patient and let that robot voice finish speaking. After that, it will tell you to press 0 to speak to an agent. Then you will usually be given a wait time of 20-30 mins. Hold on and wait. Then you can talk when the wait time is done.

Reactions: NewDestination

a7medfx

Mar 6, 2020
Singapore
there is no contact number on Cic website. Is it?
Hi, do not worry, always be optimistic. I advise you to be patient and content, things will work out.

In order to call them download the app TextNow from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. When you register in TextNow, you should try and get a Canadian number in TextNow. Then you make make free calls as much as you want to the IRCC number 18002422100. Hope this helps you.

Again, please be patient for being impatient won't help you or your situation.

Mr.x1990

Jul 12, 2018
@km119 Hey ! hang in there buddy, Be positive
My Aor is aug 2019 and yet there is no update on my file either. I called them a few times now their only response is “just wait”.