+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
durka said:
moiz4you said:
Hey Guys,

I have applied for the pre-assessment and sent in the docs as an email attachment on october 22nd and also recieved an acknowledgement reply from Gingie same day. I am working in USA on H1B since oct 2007 (more than a year).

I just want to know if you are not approved in pre-assessment do they let you know?
Also my position is of a Management Analyst (which is not listed of Regional Occupation Under pressure) in USA but i perform most of the duties of a Marketing Manager(which is listed on the Regional Occupation under pressure) as listed on the NOC website which i mentioned on the application. Do you think this could cause a problem in the approval process.

In the acknowledgement email they said the pre-assessment could take upto 4 months now. Is it really going to take 4 months. I have my FSW application waiting to be filed. i am just waiting for the answer from Alberta PNP.

Your reply will definitely help me.

Thank You
I am sure they would let your know. I applied for pre-assessment on the 17th of October and got a confirmation email saying that it will take 4-5 weeks for pre-assessment to finish.
About your job details I don't think you should worry much because they would look at the letter of your duties and responsibilities from your job and go by that rather than going by the title. Plus, you can't do anything about it. So chill!

Thank you for you reply durka. I hope we both get our pre assessment done very fast.

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
ingegarcia said:
Wow!! the time has definitely increased since I applied back in August...

bb0310 said:
Got my tracking number/confirmation 5weeks after they received the packet.
I applied on October 20th and i got a mail saying it will say 4 months.. Durka had applied 3 days before and got a mail which stated that pre-assessment will be done much quicker than mine..

Few others who applied after me got same response as mine (4 months). It looks like the week ending October 17th was the key and they have made it as 4 months after that week.

Hope it does not really take 4 months and we get the assessment completed sooner.

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
I have applied for the pre assessment on Oct 23 and waiting for the result. But by the same time i have engaged services of a lawyer for the FSW.

I have my application ready for FSW and will apply for it by Nov 1st week.

Do you think it is better to wait for the Alberta PNP and then apply for FSW or should i send the FSW now and then can i later transfer to PNP.

I dont know what the result may be of the PNP.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
My pre assessment was approved and now I need to send documents for AINP.
How is this "employer letter"?
For those who already sent it, please give me ideas...
Should it be done by the employer or by me? Did you use a special paper (with logo, stamp, etc..)?
Should I describe my work using bullet points?
I have never done a employer letter before, please help me.

Thanks,

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
CIC confused portion

I understand whether you are single or have family [parent or spouse or children], you have to mention all details regardless they are going to Canada with you or not.

Here is the confusied part. If you say NO in every column, Do we still need to fill up the information below and especially paste the picture of family members [parents, brother, sisters, and/or spouse/children]?

Second, if you paste the picture here, how would they able to read the information on the back of the picture as they mentioned to state like name and date of birth?
Thanks

durka

Oct 25, 2008
If you don't mind me asking: When had you applied for pre-assessment and when was it approved?
I think the employer reference letter has to be done by your employer. It needs to be on company's letter-head.
akk said:
Should it be done by the employer or by me? Did you use a special paper (with logo, stamp, etc..)?

Thanks,

akk

Sep 2, 2008
But if I ask them for a letter, they will ask why...and I don't want them knowing that I am applying for Alberta...
I applied for pre assessment on set 5th, I received the approval on oct 16th.
Since I had to translate diploma and notarize all documents, it is taking a while for me o send to AINP, hope I will send this week.
Anyone else with tips about the employer letter?

Thanks,
Akk

durka said:
If you don't mind me asking: When had you applied for pre-assessment and when was it approved?
I think the employer reference letter has to be done by your employer. It needs to be on company's letter-head.
akk said:

Thanks,

harivenkat

Oct 6, 2008
akk said:
But if I ask them for a letter, they will ask why...and I don't want them knowing that I am applying for Alberta...
Since I had to translate diploma and notarize all documents, it is taking a while for me o send to AINP, hope I will send this week.

Thanks,
Akk

durka said:
akk said:

Thanks,

akk, my 2 cents... you can ask your employer for employment letter for personal reasons. if you have the copy of letter which
employer wrote USCIS at time of filing H1B should also be sufficient, any ways employee offer letter, paystubs
are sufficient proof and should work.... May be other forum savants can offer more light..

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
harivenkat is right..... you should not have any problem ssnding any f the letters he said.......

Actually that''s what I did...... since I did not want to ask for an employment letter I sent the letter that the lawyer used for the H1B process (transfer) it contains the job description and job title. Also because of the letter was very old (1 year) I sent the latest paystub showing that I was still working for the same company...
BTW you should have that letter because that's part of the documentation that the lawyer/company gives you to get your H1B stamped.

harivenkat said:
akk, my 2 cents... you can ask your employer for employment letter for personal reasons. if you have the copy of letter which
employer wrote USCIS at time of filing H1B should also be sufficient, any ways employee offer letter, paystubs
are sufficient proof and should work.... May be other forum savants can offer more light..

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Re: Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

You do not have to provide photos for the AINP process... you ust have to provide copy of the CIC forms...
you still need to find out for the CIC process though :)

BTW here is the the question posted in the Alberta website regarding the photos for the provincial nominee program...
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/pnpcandidatefaq.html#10a

findude32 said:
I understand whether you are single or have family [parent or spouse or children], you have to mention all details regardless they are going to Canada with you or not.

Here is the confusied part. If you say NO in every column, Do we still need to fill up the information below and especially paste the picture of family members [parents, brother, sisters, and/or spouse/children]?

Second, if you paste the picture here, how would they able to read the information on the back of the picture as they mentioned to state like name and date of birth?
Thanks

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
akk said:

Thanks,
Akk
My 2 cents Akk.

In my case I had same dilemma. But I explained my boss that I am applying for Canadian immigration and told her that it will take more than a year (if successful) and after that I will continue here if my visa is extended or I get green card. She understood my situation and gave me a letter. Although I am not sure of your situation, being frank and honest works. And any rational person will understand the pain of uncertainty with family/future. The advantage is if you buy-in your boss then you need not worry about Alberta office calling them (which is in principle a possibility as we sign the agreement that they can do investigation and obtain information from US authorities).

But then consider what ingegarcia is saying also and decide. You should be the judge. We can only give our opinion and wish you good luck.

-dna

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Green adhesive label

Quick Query?
Can anyone tell me whoever send the documents for PNP certificate that how and where did you paste the green label?
I know it has to be bottom right, but should i put all documents in an envelope and paste the green label at the bottom right of the envelope OR

put all the documents in a Fedex envelope and then paste green lable to the bottom right of the Fedex envelope..
Please help!
Thanks