+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
I requested a "certificate of employment" from my current employer, it only states that your are working from the company and you started when, your designation, your salary, other benefits, etc. I think your company would know about the format. And as for my previous employers, I have requested those documents after I left, and it shows the same thing plus your exit date. And it is on a paper with company letterhead and a signature from HR or your superior.

akk said:
My pre assessment was approved and now I need to send documents for AINP.
How is this "employer letter"?
For those who already sent it, please give me ideas...
Should it be done by the employer or by me? Did you use a special paper (with logo, stamp, etc..)?
Should I describe my work using bullet points?
I have never done a employer letter before, please help me.

Thanks,

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Re: Green adhesive label

I sticked it on the bottom right of the FedEx envelope, actually I used a transparent tape on top of it to avoid being removed. Also, ask the FedEx people not to stick anything on top of that green label.

findude32 said:
Quick Query?
Can anyone tell me whoever send the documents for PNP certificate that how and where did you paste the green label?
I know it has to be bottom right, but should i put all documents in an envelope and paste the green label at the bottom right of the envelope OR

put all the documents in a Fedex envelope and then paste green lable to the bottom right of the Fedex envelope..
Please help!
Thanks

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Another Query for PNP

Thank you so much bb0310, bendjoe and dnataraj. Appreciate it.
However, my other 2 questions were never been answer so I try it again. Please answer whoever knws it.

1). My company provided me experience letter mentioning my job title, no. of yrs wokred and only 4-5 points about my job description/duties for second stage for PNP certificate. My Q is that would it be enough to satisfy the job responsibilities/duties associated to NOC.
I am going to attach my resume as well. Please enlight your expertise especially ppl who got the PNP nominee certificate or anyone who has submitted docs for second stage.

2). In CIC Form page 2, I understand whether you are single or have family [parent or spouse or children, brother/sister], you have to mention all details regardless they are applying for Canada with you or not.
After filling the information that:
Will they accompanying with you: YES NO.

Here is the confused part. If you say NO in every column, Do we still need to fill up the information below and especially paste the picture of family members [parents, brother, sisters, and/or spouse/children]?
Second, if you paste the picture here, how would they able to read the information on the back of the picture as they mentioned to state like name and date of birth and dated picture taken?
So Confused:(
Please respond to these Qs.

Peach

Oct 29, 2008
I was browsing this thread and could not find the answer to my question.
My Question is: The permanent resident visa you get by applying as a Provincial Nominee is any different than the permanent resident visa you get by applying through CIC Skilled workers and professionals category??

If there is no difference, and provided the person have enough points to apply by the normal skilled workers and professionals category, wouldn't it be a good idea to choose normal skilled workers and professionals category?

My friend told me there might be a rule that the person applied through APNP might have to stay in Alberta for some period of time before the person can move to another province, is this true?

Thanks in advance for the answers
Peach

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
Re: Another Query for PNP

findude32 said:
However, my other 2 questions were never been answer so I try it again. Please answer whoever knws it.

1). My company provided me experience letter mentioning my job title, no. of yrs wokred and only 4-5 points about my job description/duties for second stage for PNP certificate. My Q is that would it be enough to satisfy the job responsibilities/duties associated to NOC.
I am going to attach my resume as well. Please enlight your expertise especially ppl who got the PNP nominee certificate or anyone who has submitted docs for second stage.

2). In CIC Form page 2, I understand whether you are single or have family [parent or spouse or children, brother/sister], you have to mention all details regardless they are applying for Canada with you or not.

Here is the confused part. If you say NO in every column, Do we still need to fill up the information below and especially paste the picture of family members [parents, brother, sisters, and/or spouse/children]?
Second, if you paste the picture here, how would they able to read the information on the back of the picture as they mentioned to state like name and date of birth and dated picture taken?
for the first question.
I got an employment letter and job description from my employer. These are not very detaild but just a few lines each. I can't say whether that is enough or not,coz my application is still in process.
for the second question.
It depends for me I am staying in US alone. So I thinks I don't have any family members and I didn't fill them in. I do have parents in my country but they are not staying with me and so I think they are not my family members.That's what I thought. But I did give information about my parents at some other section.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The PR you get from provincial nominee is exactly the same as the PR you get from any other program. There is only one kind of PR.

The regular skilled worker program is undergoing some changes. Applications are currently on hold for new rules which should be posted soon. Rumours are that they may be tied to certain occupations only but nobody knows anything for sure until the new rules are posted. Even outside the new rules, depending on where you apply from, PNP is usually faster than FSW.

There is no contract with AINP to stay in the province for a certain amount of time but you do sign when you apply that you intend to settle in the province. So far, I have never heard of anybody who had problems because they left the province but if I had signed something like that myself, I would at least stay in the province for several months to cover my behind in case they decide to start going after people. If you apply to AINP and are not intending to settle there, you are lying on your application as well as wasting AINP time when they could be processing people who want to live in AB. If you leave right away and AINP decides to go after you for it, they may not be able to take your PR away but they sure can make your life miserable trying.

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008

1.) As I mentioned before that my "employment letter" doesn't include any detailed duties and responsibilities. I don't remember submitting a letter on the AINP APPLICATION describing duties/responsibilities and how it is associated to the NOC. I remember submitting that on the PRE-ASSESMENT. What I included is a copy of the letter to the USCIS from my employer for H1B application, it includes specified duties/responbilities there.

2.) The question "ACCOMPANYING YOU" refers only to your spouse or children. But information for parents and brothers/sisters are also entered I just don't recall which page or form. When I submitted my application, I did not include any pictures. There's thread here in the forum regarding the pictures, someone asked Gingie about it and she told him/her that it is not needed for stage 2, just search for it here.

And you have fill-up information for parents, brothers/sisters, children (for both principal and spouse)

Please correct me if I missed anything.

findude32 said:

durka

Oct 25, 2008
ingegarcia,

did your ainp application get approved based on the H1b letter? are u filing your cic now?

durka
ingegarcia said:
harivenkat is right..... you should not have any problem ssnding any f the letters he said.......

Actually that''s what I did...... since I did not want to ask for an employment letter I sent the letter that the lawyer used for the H1B process (transfer) it contains the job description and job title. Also because of the letter was very old (1 year) I sent the latest paystub showing that I was still working for the same company...
BTW you should have that letter because that's part of the documentation that the lawyer/company gives you to get your H1B stamped.

harivenkat said:
akk, my 2 cents... you can ask your employer for employment letter for personal reasons. if you have the copy of letter which
employer wrote USCIS at time of filing H1B should also be sufficient, any ways employee offer letter, paystubs
are sufficient proof and should work.... May be other forum savants can offer more light..

durka

Oct 25, 2008
no, its the same as canadian permanent residency. you don't have to live in alberta. you just have to land in alberta for the immigration formalities and then you are free to move anywhere.
Peach said:
I was browsing this thread and could not find the answer to my question.
My Question is: The permanent resident visa you get by applying as a Provincial Nominee is any different than the permanent resident visa you get by applying through CIC Skilled workers and professionals category??

If there is no difference, and provided the person have enough points to apply by the normal skilled workers and professionals category, wouldn't it be a good idea to choose normal skilled workers and professionals category?

My friend told me there might be a rule that the person applied through APNP might have to stay in Alberta for some period of time before the person can move to another province, is this true?

Thanks in advance for the answers
Peach

durka

Oct 25, 2008

bb0310,

did your ainp get approved?
bb0310 said:
1.) As I mentioned before that my "employment letter" doesn't include any detailed duties and responsibilities. I don't remember submitting a letter on the AINP APPLICATION describing duties/responsibilities and how it is associated to the NOC. I remember submitting that on the PRE-ASSESMENT. What I included is a copy of the letter to the USCIS from my employer for H1B application, it includes specified duties/responbilities there.

2.) The question "ACCOMPANYING YOU" refers only to your spouse or children. But information for parents and brothers/sisters are also entered I just don't recall which page or form. When I submitted my application, I did not include any pictures. There's thread here in the forum regarding the pictures, someone asked Gingie about it and she told him/her that it is not needed for stage 2, just search for it here.

And you have fill-up information for parents, brothers/sisters, children (for both principal and spouse)

Please correct me if I missed anything.

findude32 said:

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
No yet still waiting however I got my pre-assessment approved with that letter though :) . I am expecting that they reach any decision within the next month or so.
BTW The letter that the company/lawyer sent to USCIS for my H1B extension fulfills all the characteristics of the letter requested in AINP (Letterhead, detail job description, job title, signed by my company, etc).

durka said:
ingegarcia,

did your ainp application get approved based on the H1b letter? are u filing your cic now?

durka
ingegarcia said:
harivenkat is right..... you should not have any problem ssnding any f the letters he said.......

Actually that''s what I did...... since I did not want to ask for an employment letter I sent the letter that the lawyer used for the H1B process (transfer) it contains the job description and job title. Also because of the letter was very old (1 year) I sent the latest paystub showing that I was still working for the same company...
BTW you should have that letter because that's part of the documentation that the lawyer/company gives you to get your H1B stamped.

harivenkat said:
akk, my 2 cents... you can ask your employer for employment letter for personal reasons. if you have the copy of letter which
employer wrote USCIS at time of filing H1B should also be sufficient, any ways employee offer letter, paystubs
are sufficient proof and should work.... May be other forum savants can offer more light..