+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

strawberry1009

Jul 22, 2008
Hi olusolalekan,

What do you mean by 'July is a new year'....i thought the fiscal year in canada is Apr 1 to Mar 31....isnt it?

olusolalekan said:
The number of people Canada will accept per year is controlled. That translate to the PNP. Don't let anybody tell you it is unlimited. They will spread the timing of the pnp certificate when they meet the year's goal. Well July is a new year!

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
I meant to say July is still early in the year anyway.

basically I would not accept the view that PNP is not limited by some annual plan by the Canadian Govt. Canada adimt about 250K immigrant per annum. That simply defines the limit of the PNP awardable in a year. All the provinces will contribute to the national pool. I do not agree that PNP is unlimited.

ArmyAnt

Jul 24, 2008
olusolalekan said:
I meant to say July is still early in the year anyway.

basically I would not accept the view that PNP is not limited by some annual plan by the Canadian Govt. Canada adimt about 250K immigrant per annum. That simply defines the limit of the PNP awardable in a year. All the provinces will contribute to the national pool. I do not agree that PNP is unlimited.
That's ok olusolalekan :) I dont believe anyone is forcing you or any reader of this thread to accept/agree on what is said about the processes. Evry reader should take the info with a grain of salt. After all we are not part of AINP agency nor CIC.

To all,please continue updating us on the where are you along the SRS process. This way we know the line is moving forward and trully there are people who are approved and get to canada sucessfully through this.

Let's stay positive!

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Got my answer from Alberta regarding H1b expiration.. so...we will be OK :))

"So long as you have applied to the H1B SRS prior to your H1B expiring you will qualify for this program, and should be able to process your PNP application from your home country. You will just have to update the PNP officer who is processing your application with your change of address and contact information."

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
Ingegarcia,
Thats a very good news. thanks for that
And here is the response from ar123 from trackitt whose Pre-Ass was approved and he applied from PNP certificate
"I applied under Electrical Engineering, 30 days after my pre-assessment application I received package from Alberta with application form(color printed in Alberta letter head), they also included CIC form which need to fill and they asked to include copy of CIC form(not original), they also included one green label which they asked to attached at bottom right corner of the envelop for supporting documents, they asked to give copy of passport and visa for all family members(including primary applicant), degree certificate for primary applicant, experiance letter or proof of employment from all employer(current as well as past), job description from current employer, copy of any certificate needed to perform current job duty cover letter explain in detail about whats need to be submitted."

Hope this helps everyone.... Like everyone here I am dedicatedly looking for any answers on the web regarding this stream.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
I am still not convinced as why we are not getting the assessment? Ingegarcia, and kangster applied in May, I did in June and we are all in different NOC's. Is it that they have some priority as hot, very hot and less hot categories. May be electrical engineering is very hot!! :)

vladfromNYC

Jul 22, 2008
hi guys
1) i applied for pre-assessment in April
2) i applied for the certificate at the end of May

right now i need to send my document to CIC.
at what stage do you think CIC requires proof of employment? havent seen it in the list of required docs.
they need a copy of your H1B visa (in your passport), but that doesnt reflect any recent changes in your employment, so are there more requirements down the road?

Also, does anyone know if PNP applicants could possibly do their medical exams before they receive the medical docs from CIC? right now it looks like an extremely lengthy process - get police clearance (2 months), send stuff to CIC, wait for them to send you the medical docs (2 more months). any way at all to combine 2 and 2? ;)

thanks a lot!

kangster said:
VladfromNTC,
This stream is a 2 step process 1) Pre Assessment and 2) PNP Certificate. So Question for you
1) When did you apply for Pre-Assessment and when did they approve That
2) If you applied for PNP certificate when did you do so
Answer to your question:
If you are laid off right now, I remember reading that you have to inform Alberta and CIS if there are any changes related to your employment, address, marital status etc. So if you are on H1-B and laid off you may be out of status if you do not find a job elsewhere, CIS at the later stage may (I think they will) request you to prove your legal status in the US and it may be a problem then.
I am not an attorney so in my opinion ask an attorney right away!

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
Send the Doc to CIC, You should only do Medicals when they ask you to do that.....There is a special form they send you for medical I that you need to use and they also specify what doctors to use (They send you a List in your area). Send the Docs to CIC and when you receive the IA they will request it and you may send the police clearance at that time. At this point do not waste any time. Police clearance can always be sent later i know people who did that but some say it is better you send it initially as it saves time.
CIC may or may not verify your employment..... but you never know, I think Copy of Visa or I-94 should be suffice
Congrats your Pre-Assessment was approved..... What NOC Code did u apply under

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
vladfromNYC and Kangster,

I think you missed one of the roginal question. he wanted to know what happens if the H1B visa in his passport has the name of a previous employer. For example, if you have avisa stam on your passport that says employer A and you have transferred your H1B to another employer and have a fresh i-797 h1B approval notice with you but have not travelled out to get a new visa stamp (which is not necessary). vladfromNYC may be in that situation and i am in that situation too.

So vladfromNYC , did you get your certificate yet? If not, why do you want to send anything to CIC now? because you are not allowed to apply to cic through PNP without the PNP certificate. I have a fed skilled worker pending and i hope they will not ask me to resubmit all those document. It was difficult getting those stuffs.

Good luck.

chaudri786

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Olusolalekan,

If your visa has been transferred to another employer then you would just need your I-129. The only reason they look for stamped visa is to make sure that this guy entered in USA legally.

Also, i have confirmed with Alberta PNP even if your H1B get expired, it won't effect the PNP process and after you get your PNP Certificate you could apply in your home country.

Thanks

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Hi all,

Today I called Alberta PNP office to check about pre-assessment status. The lady who took my call took my name, employer, NOC code and phone number and said next week sometime the officer processing my application will call me back to tell the present status and estimated time to process. I will keep you all posted when he/she calls.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
chaudri786

Did you mean I-797 approval notice instead of I-129? H1B approval notice is called I-797 to the best of my knowledge and not I-129. I think I-129 is an immigration document while I-797 is a visa classification approval document. OK?

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
dnataraj

see what I mean? NOC is very important. If your code is REALLY under pressure, I am sure they will approve your pre-assessment when they call you.

chaudri786

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Olusolalekan,

Yes you are right I-797 is the physcial form of approval notice for case type I-129. You can see both on your H1B approval. They call it approved I-129.

I think they will send your pre-assessment approval in the end of July. i am pretty positive Good Luck.

Dnataraj good news is coming for you:D

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi Dnataraj ,
I am in a similar situation. I changed jobs and have not had my new H1b stamp, so I sent original H1B, new I-797, latest I-94, job offer and lastest pay stub.... additionally since my visa is in process of extension I also attached I-129 to show that my visa is being extended and therefore I am in status....