+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STRANGE STORY FROM ACCRA......REJECTED ON BIASED GROUNDS.....NEED ADVICE

rameel

Aug 6, 2009
I am facing same problem, is it possible for you to send me the text of your letter address to Mr. Kenny or any other authority, your kind cooperation in this regard would be highly appreciated. Contents of your letter would help me in writing letter to Mr. Kenny, buddy its matter of my carrier help! help!help! please send the letter at my email address: eastwest_24@hotmail.com

Anyway, I eventually got a rejection letter from the Accra visa office dated 18th May (but Cohen somehow didn't pass it to me till Sept 14th! And this was after a phone conversation I had with David Cohen himself earlier that day!). The VO gave two reasons for turning down my request. That she had "concerns" about my transcripts (WITHOUT verifying from my school whether they issued the transcripts) and that my reference letters were similar and thus she believed they were not genuine. Now, Cohen believes I have good grounds for an appeal but, according to them, it will cost me a minimum of $6,000.00 to file an appeal (and besides, an immigration expert in nigeria insists there are no grounds for an appeal except an application for immigration on family grounds which isn't the case here). Besides, my case officer in Cohen's office wasn't confident of my chances on an appeal until David Cohen said there was a good case. But the catch is that it would take at least a year before the case even comes up in the Appeal court! And only God knows how long it's going to take after that..........bottom line, appeal doesn't even seem to be a guaranteed alternative.

I'm just fed up with the whole process so far. I started this application in March 2009 and this is what I get after 18 months! The VO has been very frustrating and so unfair. First of all, she threw my file out because she awarded me 12 points instead of 16 for my IELTS score. After she was forced to reopen the file, she invites me for an interview, drills me about University courses I did 13 years ago, tries to discredit even my research methodology for my final year project (without asking for a copy of the thesis), doesn't even TRY to authenticate my documents independently from the issuing authority and then writes a rejection letter in MAY and doesn't send it down till SEPT! If it were not happening to me, I wouldn't believe this story was real. It's so ridiculous and unfair that someone would manipulate and draw out the whole process just to make sure that I don't qualify. To make matters worse, by labelling me a fraud, she's effectively barring me from ever entering canada on any other grounds be it for visits or study.

I wrote a reconsideration letter which I have forwarded to the visa office (Cohen also sent one too citing substansive and procedural fairness as being neglected in my case). In addition, I have written to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration (though my case officer said he never reads letters like mine) asking him to intervene in this matter. My only driving force now is that I want to clear my name and my record. I NEVER submitted any false document, never lied about A SINGLE THING! It drives me nuts to think someone would do something like this and get away with it. I wish I could get her prosecuted.

Well............that's the story so far. I believe my case is peculiar simply because of a personal bias and I don't expect anyone to face this kind of challenge. I still encourage everyone who has applied to be optimistic and pray for the best. Somehow, I believe there's got to be a way around this situation so I'd welcome any suggestions or advice from my kind seniors and fellow travellers. Oloye and Boljet.....hope u guys are doing great. Please PM ur number so I can call u. Barsindoo............my bros........I hail o. Tinuadebola and co.............good days are ahead

ALUTA CONTINUA...................
[/quote]

theshivster

Oct 7, 2010
Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
IELTS Request
sent with app 8.5 band score
File Transfer...
RBVO 21 June 2011 IN PROCESS 20 Jan 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
02.10.2012 (there is only one DMP here and we were waiting on new passports) Meds line added 19.11.12
Passport Req..
07.02.2013 sent 11.2.13 arrived 12.2.13
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Dated 28.02.2013 Canadian Address on Ecas 02.03.2013 Decision Made Sunday 03.03.2013
LANDED..........
Prinicipal Applicant Landed 14 May. The rest of us landed on 2.9.2013
This is a 3 year old thread you are posting on, why don't you just make a new thread so that some of the more experienced people on this forum can help you Rameel