Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi peeps,
I've been away from the forum for months now. Just want to give an update to my very strange story with the immigration process. U can refresh ur minds with the story so far from my previous links http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t42153.0.html, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/caips-notesnew-twist-t46998.0.html;msg344317#msg344317.

Anyway, I eventually got a rejection letter from the Accra visa office dated 18th May (but Cohen somehow didn't pass it to me till Sept 14th! And this was after a phone conversation I had with David Cohen himself earlier that day!). The VO gave two reasons for turning down my request. That she had "concerns" about my transcripts (WITHOUT verifying from my school whether they issued the transcripts) and that my reference letters were similar and thus she believed they were not genuine. Now, Cohen believes I have good grounds for an appeal but, according to them, it will cost me a minimum of $6,000.00 to file an appeal (and besides, an immigration expert in nigeria insists there are no grounds for an appeal except an application for immigration on family grounds which isn't the case here). Besides, my case officer in Cohen's office wasn't confident of my chances on an appeal until David Cohen said there was a good case. But the catch is that it would take at least a year before the case even comes up in the Appeal court! And only God knows how long it's going to take after that..........bottom line, appeal doesn't even seem to be a guaranteed alternative.

I'm just fed up with the whole process so far. I started this application in March 2009 and this is what I get after 18 months! The VO has been very frustrating and so unfair. First of all, she threw my file out because she awarded me 12 points instead of 16 for my IELTS score. After she was forced to reopen the file, she invites me for an interview, drills me about University courses I did 13 years ago, tries to discredit even my research methodology for my final year project (without asking for a copy of the thesis), doesn't even TRY to authenticate my documents independently from the issuing authority and then writes a rejection letter in MAY and doesn't send it down till SEPT! If it were not happening to me, I wouldn't believe this story was real. It's so ridiculous and unfair that someone would manipulate and draw out the whole process just to make sure that I don't qualify. To make matters worse, by labelling me a fraud, she's effectively barring me from ever entering canada on any other grounds be it for visits or study.

I wrote a reconsideration letter which I have forwarded to the visa office (Cohen also sent one too citing substansive and procedural fairness as being neglected in my case). In addition, I have written to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration (though my case officer said he never reads letters like mine) asking him to intervene in this matter. My only driving force now is that I want to clear my name and my record. I NEVER submitted any false document, never lied about A SINGLE THING! It drives me nuts to think someone would do something like this and get away with it. I wish I could get her prosecuted.

Well............that's the story so far. I believe my case is peculiar simply because of a personal bias and I don't expect anyone to face this kind of challenge. I still encourage everyone who has applied to be optimistic and pray for the best. Somehow, I believe there's got to be a way around this situation so I'd welcome any suggestions or advice from my kind seniors and fellow travellers. Oloye and Boljet.....hope u guys are doing great. Please PM ur number so I can call u. Barsindoo............my bros........I hail o. Tinuadebola and co.............good days are ahead

ALUTA CONTINUA...................

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
I feel sorry for what happened to you, but this is what you wrote about your interview in May:

..I submitted a copy which was stamped "STUDENT'S COPY" and she said that, from what she had been told, universities in Nigeria DO NOT give out student copies of transcripts to graduates.
Why did you provide a Student's Copy? Why didn't your school send it to them or your consultant?

Unfortunately, I mentioned two courses which I had intended to write as electives but which I had to drop as I had a bout of ill health during the semester as courses which I had written. It was after the interview that I remembered that I had ended up not registering those courses and therefore they would not be listed in my transcript!I went back in to inform her about my mistake and she promised to include that as part of her report.
Unfortunately for you i must tell you that almost ANY immigration officer, however unbiased, would be inclined to assume that you had no clue about your own coursework if you indeed answered the questions the way you indicated above.

I really wish you good luck, but i don't see an officer acting out of bias, rather you couldn't clearly explain the discrepancy between what she said to be the process of issuing transcripts in Nigeria and, furthermore, you gave contradictory and incoherent answer when she asked to tell her about your coursework and study experience.

Darkside

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted that copy because my case officer in Cohen assured me that it would suffice. I was unable to travel down to the school to request for another set. Besides, nigerian schools are notorious for delays in issuing transcripts. There was NO WAY for me to have gotten another set ESPECIALLY since I wouldn't even have had access to it even IF the school had sent it.

Well.............as to my responses...........remember that it was 13 years ago that I wrote those courses!! I doubt anyone would have had a clear memory of ALL the circumstances that happened 13 years ago in school. While I do not remove anything from the fact that it may have raised eyebrows, I believe the best step in this case would be to VERIFY from my school the authenticity of those records. It was an original copy stamped and signed on the letterhead of the school. What would be the fair thing to do? Or better still, ask me to provide another set from the school (which I did IMMEDIATELY after the interview with a little help from a family friend who volunteered to help me considering the circumstances) And it got to them on the 24th of May. How come it was not taken into consideration?

Darkside

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another thing................the CAIPS notes did not state my response to her comment. I said Universities DO give out student copies BUT only on request and it's stamped STUDENT'S COPY. None of my responses to her "concerns" were documented in the CAIPS notes. Is that USUALLY the practice???? My responses were very clear and straightforward. If she did not believe me, the proper thing would be to either carry out an independent verification or request for any additional document which would satisfy their concerns. In the event that I am unable to do so, it would then be in order to label them forgeries. Remember, we are talking about PROCEDURAL AND SUBSTANSIVE FAIRNESS!

Regarding my reference letters, how come NO attempt was made to contact the authors of the letters to confirm their authenticity?? Would TWO senior bank officials LIE about my official duties on a BANK LETTERHEAD PAPER? Especially since the natural thing would be that these letters would be verified??? How come nothing of the sort was done?

azaman

Sep 15, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1 2010
Doc's Request.
October 6 2010
Nomination.....
Doc submit Nov 16, 2010
AOR Received.
January 11, 2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
In Process since Mar 7, 2012
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 6, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sept 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 23, 2013
LANDED..........
October 6, 2013
i think you should continue your protest and believe no one can get away with some wrongdoing. you will somehow get the remedy.

thanks

zaman

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is not my staralihaider case this is someone case who got 72 points but rejection :

This information is for all who have received rejection

Here is story.....

I have applied federal skilled worker on May 2009. I have submitted full application on Aug 2009 to new delhi visa office. After few months I received a rejection letter from New delhi in sufficient points.

I have applied under 0213 and having 4+ years of experinece in leading MNC. I have attached my notorized offer letter also my duties was mentioned in same letter separately attached as appedix to offer letter. My real sister is in canada ( PR).

My score is 72.

IN rejection letter visa officer mentioned that I am rejecting because I am not satisfied that duties included in your offer letter were performed by you. I am also not giving you points for relative as you have not produced all documents to prove your relationship.

I have attached notorized declaration from canada by sister her PR card xerox. her record of landing her job letter. but not latest offer letter as she is on maternity leave for one year.

After rading this letter I have decided to fight against this injustice. I am roaming for help from lawyer but expenses is too high and they are not ready to give me gurantee of my case. then I decided noone help me in this matter I have start myself and I write a letter explaining the things to Visa officer new delhi attached all docs once again on dec 2009. I sent all docs to Joseph caron High Commissioner New Delhi, Prime minister Canada Stephen Harper, Jason Kenny Immigration minister.

After 20 days I receive a response from Prime minister canada office and assuring me that I will surely look into this matter and your request has benn forwarded to conceren minister you will get back from him.
After 20 days I receive response from Jason kenny office and they consider my request to process my application.

WIth the help of god I received medical from New delhi.

I request to all if you feel that your are right then fight against injustice sonner and later you will receive posotive response

dubey

Mar 8, 2010
Darkside,

There is an adage in yoruba (a nigerian language, am sure u would understand) that says: 'Oruko lon ro omo' (literarilly meaning the name you bear determines what you will become). A lot of people have previously advised you in your previous thread to change your username and you refused to. To be quite honest with you, as pathetic and sad your story is,a lot of people would not even care to read it because of your username, what does it cost you to change it from 'darkside' to 'BRIGHTSIDE'? Nothing.
My head tells me to belief your story but my heart says No cos of your username. Maybe the VO found something during background check cos she would not just ban you if she was not very very sure, trust me.
They hardly ever make that kind of mistake.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hey Brightside,

I remember advising you to change your name but you never bulge.Dubey,Barsindoo,Tinuade et al have all suggested and I pray you to heed .The most important thing now is to pray and focus solely on God because that is where your help can come from.The VO objections to your transcript and work reference to me is nothing serious but something is wrong and not right somewhere.

The Lord is able and will intervene on your case.

All the best.

Ig

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Drakside,

I remember that I have joined the other 9ijas too to advise you to drop that name and use "goodside"

Anyway, thats by the way, some pple call it superstition or fallacy but I bet you our culture (belief) has strong manipulations in our lives....

I pray that the whole thing shall turnout to be history and by the special grase of God we all shall be in Canada...

The Lord is your strength just don't give up the fight.

My only fear is the issue of banning from entering Canada now and in the future either as Visitor or Student...Dajudaju they most have done a little background check on some of your claims and discovered some flops or irregularities. And trust this pple when they get a little hole they make a mountain of it.

Perhaps they have called your office to enquire about you and someone who answered gave wrong answer. They might have even been to the skool to verify before asking you those electives. We do not know but all facts are in your records now.

In my own opinion on this case, I think you may need to look elsewhere Ausie,Uk etc....They can ban you just like that, there must be a solid reason that I know them for.

Recall that during the interview, the lady was not friendly at all, I got this from your post then, I was wondering why are they this callous to this youngman, I was thinking it was bcos of the 9ija colouration but with this your latest post I think they have decided not to have anything to do with you again.

So sorry about the whole issue honestly.

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Brother Bright
Please you have to put behind the ugly past and chart a new way. I suggest you pick up Australia, or UK s your next port of call
There is no need to appeal. It will not yield the desired result. Apart from the high cost of the venture, the time and uncertainty is another factor

Please look toward Europe and see where you can pitch your tent

IT SHALL BE WELL WITH YOU

azaman

Sep 15, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1 2010
Doc's Request.
October 6 2010
Nomination.....
Doc submit Nov 16, 2010
AOR Received.
January 11, 2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
In Process since Mar 7, 2012
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 6, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sept 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 23, 2013
LANDED..........
October 6, 2013
but reading the post of staralihaider we can say that the 'darkside' should try his level best if according to him there is no misinformation. no one should give to any injustice so easily. if you want to avoid expensive lawyer, do exactly what statalihaider mentioned in his post - write to minister, prime minister and high commissioner. it will not cost much to make three copies of your application with full docs and a cover letter explaining your grievance.

two things we can remember - an officer will not reject a case wily-nilly as they know his/her decision can be challenged in court; secondly it's a civilised country and it's not difficult to get justice.

thanks

zaman

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Quite frankly am really sad and in shock. I cant believe what am reading it sound so strange that VO will act like this or is there something she is not telling you? educational certificates and transcripts can all be independently verified i believe so why wont she do that before labelling you a fraud?

I dont know what to advise as am still thinking but please even if you dont appeal for the sake of tomorrow write everyone that matters if only to clear your name.

Would get back to you on pm later.

iii

Jul 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I still think u should not go down without a fight. You fought once and won, u can do it again.

U've already written to the VO for reconsideration and also to the minister for review. That's okay by me.

Prayerfully await their outcomes. I will however not encourage u to hire a lawyer so u will not be further exploited. You've done ur bit; leave the rest to God.

On the advice for a name swap, please give it a serious thought!

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Darkside,
I can say specifically that your case officer in Cohen office did not do much to change your situation and this exposes the fact that some of these agents are only concerned about money. Though there are cases they will fight for you but their pocket comes first. For pple that believe things were not properly done by Darkside, i totally disgree as i had my interview the same day he had his in same Accra office and i saw some of his credentilas, they are not fake. Infact my wife and i graduated from same university Darkside attended.

I believe you should take your case up yourself. Write a comprehensive letter and copy a lot of officials as that guy that posted in this thread did, then let us see what will happen. Let them know that you just got it from your agent and you are taking it up as the principal applicant. Note that your reputation is at stake and you are being labeled as having fake docs when, in real fact, you have original.

May the Lord see you through

Oloye

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I honestly hope that people don't really think that his user name sent bad luck his way and caused those bad things to happen to him! Darkside, I am sorry to hear about your ordeal. If everything is exactly as you say and there are not any other factors involved, that really seems strange what happened during your interview. I think that if you have the fight in you and you honestly believe you were wronged, you should keep fighting. If not, then start considering any other options you have. I can't really provide you with much information about the appeals process other than it could take a lot of time and money. So you would need to decide if you are willing and able to continue putting in the effort, or looking elsewhere.

I wish you good luck, and I hope you find your answer.