28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Timeoutbleh said:
Didn't know NOC have to be picked, where do you check if your NOC is picked?
NOCs are not picked. That's what I've been telling my friend but he chooses to think his agent is right.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I think you should fire your lawyer if he acts strange.

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
jes_ON said:
NOCs aren't "picked," that's the point. If an agent is telling you that, they are lying.
He didn't say that but one of the member in this post indicated it, unless I misunderstood

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Timeoutbleh said:
He didn't say that but one of the member in this post indicated it, unless I misunderstood
They meant the noc code you picked.

Andrew2016

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest calculating your score to see if you actually have the points mentioned by your lawyer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Use this link to calculate your score and yes you get an ITA. An official document stating that you have been invited, from the looks of it I think he lying to you. Make sure to ask him for ITA and make sure there is a barcode on the right top corner of the page. If the barcode is missing, he has made up a fake one.

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
Andrew2016 said:
I suggest calculating your score to see if you actually have the points mentioned by your lawyer.

Use this link to calculate your score and yes you get an ITA. An official document stating that you have been invited, from the looks of it I think he lying to you. Make sure to ask him for ITA and make sure there is a barcode on the right top corner of the page. If the barcode is missing, he has made up a fake one.
Yep, I did the calculation a number of times and it agree with the 469 score. He has sent me an ITA doc and it has a barcode on top, not sure if it's legit. I'll upload it later when I get home

rd160309

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017 and 17-01-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP req on 15-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-01-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
6-03-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
I think it is best in your interest that you fire your lawyer and do the whole process by yourself. Worked for me!

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
rd160309 said:
I think it is best in your interest that you fire your lawyer and do the whole process by yourself. Worked for me!
Hmmm...thats the last resort given to date, everything is done through him, I don't have my credential assessment outcome (he just sent me an email saying it's done), I don't have my EE profile password etc

Also, I don't want to wrong him if he's not guilty

He's already got his service fee in full, so only thing I could be scammed is the application fees ($550x2, $490x3), I think one scenario is he could take the fee and not pass it onto CIC then disappear.

lealealea

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singapore PCC could only be request by CIC, and the request letter came to me a month after my submission

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
All they want is snatch those dollars quickly.... Stay away unless your profile is complicated. This forum is the best....

slw

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-17
AOR Received.
30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
Your immigration lawyer seems shady or maybe just rude.
In any case always keep a copy of any documentation you receive (ECA, Police checks, ITAs etc) because they are your documents and you need to know what your information he/she is providing to IRCC.

Before your lawyer submits all the documents get a copy of everything including:
-ECA
-Language test
-Passport
-Employer letters
-Photo
-Birth certificate (if applicable)
-Etc etc

Also once everything is submitted make sure you receive the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). This is crucial in you want to find more information and something to guarantee that the application is indeed in process

Andrew2016

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you lawyer is just rude, just like many other Lawyers, if you checked him on CIC's website and the name checks out. You should be fine. The ITA letter also has a breakdown of your points, just cross check it. If the Barcode is present, thats an authentic copy.

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
Here is the ITA letter my lawyer sent to me, sorry for the blured image, it is sent to me as a PDF file but when I converted into a image, I had some issues with its size so had to drag it (Yes, there is barcode on top right hand corner)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6uyyPS7YRdbTmhVT0lSR3ZWYUE/view?usp=sharing

Also, this is the doc he sent me about job bank and EE profile, I find the English in the letter slightly strange given it is a formal letter from a government agency but the words used are "You said that you do not have a valid job offer..." (highlighted in red), it seems rather informal, is this how the letter is worded in your case too?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6uyyPS7YRdbZ2MydmlaTXZXX2s/view?usp=sharing

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
Andrew2016 said:
I think you lawyer is just rude, just like many other Lawyers, if you checked him on CIC's website and the name checks out. You should be fine. The ITA letter also has a breakdown of your points, just cross check it. If the Barcode is present, thats an authentic copy.
Ok. Cheers

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
Some more update, I have asked the lawyer for WES (credential assessment) login and Express Entry login because I want to see what he has done, he said it's ok to give me the WES login BUT NOT EE because the case is on going...Does this sound reasonable?